Yosemite's Sierra Mountain Lodge

iandsmith's Profile Photo

Home in the bush

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 1, 2011

We ended up staying here because we couldn't get any closer to Yosemite. Frankly, I was kind of glad we did because I really liked this place.
The owners were helpful and organized and the location was quiet with nice, rather than spectacular, views where you could watch the sunset.
Breakfast was in a spacious dining room and there was a good choice of food. You could also utilize the facilities for a cup of tea outside of hours.

Unique Quality: The accommodation is a two storey affair with the bed and en suite upstairs.
The bed was comfortable and the ensuite had everything a normal person would want.
Downstairs in the large room was a kitchenette and spacious T.V. area.
The general ambience was peaceful and I even explored the backyard which apparently not everyone does.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this accommodation.
I should add one thing however, and that is that you're about an hour from Yosemite which is probably why you're here anyway because there's not much that's exciting in the immediate vicinity.
One thing I enjoyed was the bird life here. I saw my first ever hummingbird and northern flicker as well as woodpeckers and other assorted feathered things.

Nearby Yosemite's Sierra Mountain Lodge

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Ahwahnee Travel Forum

Need advice about Ahwahnee, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Ahwahnee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Ahwahnee Travel Guide