3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Gaia Napa Valley Hotel

My things were Stolen

by TripAdvisor Member travellinggirl27

I ended up staying here for work for a week due to all other hotels in the area including Napa, Sonoma, St. Helena, and Calistoga were booked. This hotel was the only place that had rooms available in the wine country area. I was excited at first to stay here after I heard it was this new agey Eco friendly spa hotel. However my excitement quickly diminished upon checking in, hotel staff seemed confused, unsure of procedures, it took way too long to check in. The same thing happened when we checked out, no one seemed to know what where why when or how around there. Even worse was when I had to call them at 12am after coming back to my room from dinner to see my new european expensive fashion magazines I get for work was gone from my bedside table. and what else? not my camera that was in my suitcase, no, no, but my favorite yellow and hot pink Betsey Johnson night slip. I called them and said "um where are my magazines? and where are my pajamas?" They said they would look into it ofcourse and at 7am the next day dragged the poor housekeeper up to my room who gave me my dog eared magazines back in a clear trash bag. They looked as though they had spent the night in the break room being thumbed through by every employee that worked there. I asked her, "um thanks, you stole my magazines??" and "where is my yellow slip" at which she replied "I didn't see it". so you admit to have stole my magazines claiming you thought it was trash? and you dont know what happened to the slip on the back of the shower door? never saw it? But Im stuck at this hotel for the week dammit! and now with no pajamas. so what to do, put a do not disturb sign on my door and blast the tv all day. I complained upon check out again and asked if they had found my slip maybe in the laundry or something? nothing, sorry, and she shrugs. cant help you, sorry. hmph. Also, note American Canyon is a dive, sorry to those that live there, but when you usually are staying in st. helena and Calistoga and then end up in a town full of fast food stops and old school Taverns...its a little sketchy. Oh, and there is a small black jack casino bar next to hotel as well, incase you get bored when pool shuts down at 10. On the Positive side. The bed linens are amazing and the bed, the swans in the pond next to the very tiny pool and the hot tub was a nice touch even though it fit only 3 people maybe.

Spa

by TripAdvisor Member cowgirl015

The Spa is quite nice. It is a soothing environment and the staff is friendly and eager to help. I loved the way my skin felt after the facial and it was the best pedicure I can remember. Sure better than those chop shops.

Nothing Spectacular, but ok for the price!!!

by TripAdvisor Member michaelinps

My partner and I stayed there one Saturday night after spending the past few days in wine country. I must say that the rooms were clean, presentable and large. They each had a television, microwave and refrigerator. This is a green hotel. When you first walk into the lobby there are even some gauges to show how much power is being saved by using solar panels etc... The room and the pool were pretty basic. Nice beds, not much to look at out the window unless you were facing the pool, which we were not. Nothing to write home about but good for the price we paid.
I had a massage in the spa. The website makes it look like a massive well-designed space. It is actually quite small. The treatment room was well appointed and the massage was well above average.
All in all, although not remarkable it was a nice place to rest your head for the night. Be prepared there isn't much around. It is a pretty industrial area. I didn't see a restaurant within walking distance but a few blocks each way there are some basic offerings. A noodle house, a mexican restaurant and a starbucks.

Great "Green" Spa

by TripAdvisor Member J0hnnyA

My partner and I both had wonderful experiences at this spa. The Volcanic Ash Body Wrap includes the mini facial and 50 minute massage that Kendra said was the best "spa" experience she had ever had. And I can tell you, we frequent the hot springs, mud baths, massage facilities and alternative treatment centers throughout California and beyond. We are not new to this form of self-endulgent body care.

I have a long history of "Cluster Migraine" headache syndrome and I recently was in a "cluster" of daily excrutiatingly painful headaches. When I contacted the Gaia Spa to make reservations, I spoke with the manager, Kate, about which treatment she could suggest to help with my condition. Kate offered to give me a session of her refined version of "Cranial-Sacrum" therapy (at a special discount rate) to see if she could help with my pain. All I can say is that I am amazed with the results from the 1-hour session. I highly recommend this spa. The decor is exquisite too!

Great find just outside Napa

by TripAdvisor Member MendocinoCoLizard

I had a delightful surprise while travelling on a business trip to Vallejo. Unable to find anywhere I felt safe to stay as a lone female traveler, I drove past Vallejo toward Napa along Highway 29. In an unlikely setting, I noticed what is obviously a newly built, with newly planted landscaping, building on my right, with a sign reading GAIA Inn & Spa. It was a weeknight, so I decided to check it out, hoping it would not be too pricey for my budget.

When I entered the spacious and beautifully decorated lobby, I was pleased to learn from the friendly and courteous staff that they had vacancies, it was indeed very affordable, there were spa services available at reasonable prices, AND it is the first environmentally sustainable hotel!

I booked into a room. On my way to it, I walked past the gorgeous and serene, Balinese style spa, and the lagoon with two wonderful swans swimming in it past the heated pool in the center of the lagoon. I was delighted when I entered my room and found a Zen-like decor with simple, but luxurious, bedding and bath amenities. My stay was secure, serene and peaceful.

I highly recommend others give it a try.

Melissa Phillips
Mendocino County resident

Glorified Budget Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kajomi8

If I had read the reviews of this hotel, I would have been forewarned of most of its problems and there are many including the following: (1) Noise - I thought the couple arguing in the room next to us and the family watching TV above were in our room. The sound insulation is so poor you can hear an ordinary conversation above or beside your room. The floor construction also lets you hear every step of anyone in the room above you. If you stay here, bring the earplugs. (2) Bathroom - This is advertised as a "green" hotel. In the bathroom this translates to extremely low pressure in the shower and no bars of soap, only liquid dispensers on the far wall of the shower and in the corner of the countertop. The problem is that with the incovenience of the liquid soap and the low water pressure, you need three times as long to get clean and out of the shower. Low flow showerheads are understandable but not low pressure. The soap dispenser for the sink is in the corner by the coffeemaker and is totally inaccessible unless you move the coffeemaker outside the bathroom. Because there is no room for a spare roll of toilet paper, the staff had shoved a second roll behind the first roll. This might work if the first roll is half empty but if it is more than half full, the roll will not turn and you need to remove it from the TP holder just to get any paper. (3) Wireless Internet - Although the hotel advertises wireless internet, it's spotty at best. We had no signal in our room and our friends in a different room also did not have a signal. It worked in the lobby but that's a little inconvenient to have to sit out there. (4) Location - This hotel is located too far from the Napa Valley to appreciate any of the beauty of that region. It is located in an industrial/retail strip where the most charming architecture for miles in any direction is the new Walmart. There are no restaurants or supermarkets within walking distance so your only breakfast options are the budget continental breakfast or a car ride to the nearest restaurant.

So is there anything to like about this place? If you recognize this is just a Motel 6 or Holiday Inn Express experience, you might be satisfied. The lobby area is very nice and the interior grounds are also very nice although the pool area is so small, you would be unlikely to sit near it once the kids show up. Do not expect any of the benefits described on the hotel website. It is not charming and could never be considered luxurious even if you'd lived your whole life in a tent. This is no more than a glorified budget hotel.

Super 8 service with a higher price tag

by TripAdvisor Member NoTentGirl

My husband and I were looking for a reasonably priced hotel without a mininum stay requirement to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. I booked through their website (probably overpaid because of it) and didn't read any reviews before going. If I had I might have been prepared for the horrible customer service. The manager was outright rude to us when we checked in which I don't understand because it seems like that would be the easiest transaction they deal with. We also heard him on the phone with other guests using the same condescending tone of voice.
Once we got to our room, we discovered that the walls were paper thin. We had a room at the end of the hall and every time someone came in from outside, the wall in our room literally shook. Not to mention the fact that we could hear every word being said in the room next to us.
Housekeeping didn't seem to be top notch as there were several drops of blood/chocolate/wine on the wall above the bed. When I informed the front desk at check out, she looked at me as if I was making it up.
I had pretty low expectations for breakfast and they certainly didn't disappoint. At least Hampton Inn has a waffle machine.
Things I liked: The bed was comfortable and the room was a nice size. The grounds were very pretty.
Overall, I was pretty disappointed in our stay. At no point did anyone welcome us, ask if we had a nice stay or give any indication that they cared about anything besides our money. They advertise "bed and breakfast charm" and spa atmosphere but I felt anything but relaxed.
I have to say that I do admire the eco-friendly practices but they don't outweigh the service.

Very nice stay, booked last minute, meet expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Scrooge276

Being our 3rd trip to the Napa area from CT, we booked this hotel after having it show up on the top of many popular travel sites are being fairly inexpensive, due to their stay 3, get one night free offer. Called the hotel and booked directly. The cheapest room was sold out, but we were offered the same free night in the next category up. When we checked in, very very late, the desk agent was very efficient and actually changed our room, being it was preassigned, to a view that was better, without our even asking. The hotel is nearly brand new, room a good size, secure, and a very nice pool spa area. Even when the hotel filled up over the weekend, it never felt crowded or noisy. Often there was no one using the pool or spa. We didn't try the day spa. The breakfast was fair, hot food was available for a charge, which we didn't take advantage of. Overall very reasonable and relaxing. Location about 10 miles south of Napa, but close to Walmart and Starbucks. Can't beat the cost, would definately return if we couldn't find something similar closer to town on our next visit!

A real deal near Napa

by TripAdvisor Member johnnys13

Very good deal for how expensive most places are near Napa. I am pretty anti-liberal (funny how I vacation in California) so the copy of Al Gore's "An Inconvinient Truth" in every room was a little much for me! But hey, if they save money they can pass down in the form of savings to me, and still have a decent hotel, I am happy! The walls were a little thing, sounded like people were bowling above us, it stopped around 10 PM. The bathroom kind of smelt funny, not incredibly clean and fresh. The bed was very comfortable. Pretty close to napa for what you save...about a 10 minute drive. Overall, I will stay there again, its a place to sleep, in good condition, and the price is right.

Central Location at a Great price

by TripAdvisor Member MichaelJC

About 15 minutes to Napa Valley, and 40 minutes to San Fran. A very peaceful place, which is surprising considering it's location on a main highway. The entire staff was welcoming and patient with my son, which was a relief to find. I'd recommend this place to anyone. For gamblers there is a poker room next door.

Comments