Anabella Hotel

The Anabella
Booking.com Official Hotel Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Terrible, they are deceptive and they steal

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS

What a terrible experience. First off, while cheap, the rooms are dated and moderately clean at best. We checked in, had our unspectactular and uneventful stay and went home. About a month later, I recieved a $300 charge claiming that I broke hotel property. This was completely false, and upon further investigation, I realized they posted the charge two days into my 9 day stay. There was no communication that I was being charged, no one told me that I had allegedly damaged the propery in my room (because I didn't, they lied) and to date they have refused to refund my money. Not only that, but when I called to inquire about the charge, the employee Ian Mills was exceedingly rude, and short with me as well as unhelpful and accusatory.

I'm not sure if the housekeeping staff accidentally broke the mirror and blamed it one me, or if it was broken previous to/after my stay, or if they're just trying to steal 300 bucks now that I'm out of the country, but the result is they are stealing my money,

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS THEY WILL LIE AND STEAL YOUR MONEY

Unique Quality: They lie about Wi-Fi being free
    They charge for parking
    It is extremely noisy, poor sound insultion
    They falsely accuse you of property damage and then attempt to steal from you

• Deceitful Anabella

I would definitely not recommend this motel. They lied about there being free parking; they lied about there being WIFI. Neither the parking nor the internet were free. When we booked this motel, it was supposed to be across the street from Disneyland. It was a 30 minute walk to the entrance. The parking fees were added on and the WIFI was also extra charges, contrary to the information when we booked. When I told them this upon check-in, they snickered at me and refused to change these more than $50 extra in charges for a two day stay. The worst part was the disrepectful way we were treated. We had to stay anyway, due to convention in town. There was also a considerable amount of outdoor noise from carts, that beep loudly when they back-up and at all hours.
    I will fight with my credit card company to get the money back.

Unique Quality: Noise from carts and leaf blowers and parking lot vacuum cleaners.

Deceitful paractices, including extra charges for parking and wIFI. These were supposed to be free.

Very expensive room and resort taxes, in excess of 12percent. All food and merchandise in the area very expensive.

California is like a foreign country.
    We will not be back!

Directions: Disney land

• AkiSan's Profile Photo

My Favorite Anaheim Hotel

We've stayed at the Anabella Hotel by Disneyland several times. I used Expedia and HotelKingdom.com the last two times I booked it.

The hotel is located on Katella on the South side of the Disney property near the west end of Downtown Disney. You can see the Paradise Pier Hotel and the ferris wheel from the Anabella, you can also see and hear folks on the rollercoaster :)

The Anabella is made up of two or three, maybe more, old adjoining motels that were renovated and joined to form one property. As far as I can tell all of the rooms face outdoor corridors. That means for some first floor rooms, you can park in front of your room, or someone else can park in front of it :) That may mean some headlight lights, engine noise, when people arrive or leave, etc.

While I think it is important to know about the outdoor corridor situation, I would not let it affect my decision to stay there. The property is very secure - I have seen security patrols at all hours of the day and night. Guests are provided with hotel parking passes so non-guests can't park unless they are visiting a hotel guest.

The rooms are great! Sometimes the rooms are different sizes; we had one LARGE room once and one tiny room once. Everything is clean with marble bathrooms, fridges, coffee makers (bring your own soup and oatmeal!), etc.

The property itself is nice and has great landscaping. There are little places with tables and chairs to sit spread around and lots of hanging plants.

Your room rate may include free shuttle passes to a shuttle that takes you to the Disney entrance at the opposite end of where the hotel is. Sometimes you pay $2 or $3 for the pass sometimes you don't - I think it has to do with the season.

Note: our room rates have always been deeply discounted, maybe $60/night total. I have insane luck with Expedia and other internet travel sitess since I can wait until the last minute to book Anaheim rooms - I live in LA - if it's too expensive I can skip the hotel and drive home.

Unique Quality: I really LOVED the rooms. The beds are made up in really nice tapestry-Martha Stewart type-fancy bedspreads with throw pillows and the rest of the room decor matches and there are marble bathrroms just like they advertise.

The Anabella is on the same side and street as the Anaheim Convention Center, so in my opinion there aren't as many restaurants or touristy shops in the immediate area, but a few blocks away you can find t-shirt stores, a Subway, a convenience store etc.

Many conventioneers use the Anabella as do families, but the hotel does not get noisy or rowdy as far as I can tell. It has a great atmosphere for businesspeople and tourists.

The Anabella has a "family" pool and a "quiet" pool as well as a decent fitness room. All three are clean and you need your room key to access them at certain times.

We didn't try the on-site cafe, but we were given a coupon for meals there when we checked in. There is also a gift shop, concierge, nail shop and a business center. There is a coffee shop next door.

The Anabella says it's walking distance to Disney, and it is...maybe 3 or 4 loooong blocks to Downtown Disney or the Grand California Hotel. Not a bad walk, but not a good walk if you're tired or towing kids. There is a monorail/entry station at the part of Downtown Disney you can walk to.

The hotel is close to Disney, but I use the shuttles or my car, because I'd rather save all my energy for the parks. Some websites mention a "back entrance" from Katella, but I've never found it or used it.

You can also buy your Disney tickets from the front desk too.

Directions: Use Yahoo! to get exact directions.

The Anabella is at the southwest corner of the Disney Resort property.

More about Anabella Hotel

Well done Anabella

When we arrived at the Anabella we were warmly greeted and our check-in was processed quickly by the professional reception stafff. At breakfast in the morning we were greeted by Peter who gave us some great advice on how to best utilise our time in Anaheim which was really helpful. One night we went back to our room and found a huge cockroach on the roof. When we complained to the reception staff we were upgraded to another room right away, no questions asked.
Throughout our stay at the Anabella we found all the hotel staff to be really helpful and professional. Well done guys, we'll come back and stay again.

Disappointed

We stayed at the Anabella Hotel for 3 nights on our recent trip to California and whilst we got an excellent price our stay was ruined by constant problems with their hot water services.

On our first morning, as we got ready for an early start at Disneyland, we found the hot water wasn't working. They provided us with access to another room for our showers and assured us it would be fixed by that evening.

It worked that evening okay but was again cactus the following day after a long session at Disneyland. As we had an early flight to catch for the next leg of our travels my early night was ruined by having to move to another room, kids toys in tow. Sure, if that had been all I would have thought it was just bad luck but then at 3.30am, as we prepared to leave, a cold autumn (fall) morning found only luke warm water issuing from the taps in our new room. This room was on the other side of the complex and one would have though utilised a different boiler altogether.

Quickly escaping the cold water I got dressed and made my way to reception. I thought the shower was cold but my reception by the night fill made my shower fell quite warm. After initially trying to charge us for the rooms we had prepaid through Expedia, not budging an inch till I found the confirmation e-mail from Expedia (pays to have all your paperwork), she had the gall to completely ignore my request for some sort of recompense for failing to provide the services one would expect. I remained polite throughout but her service skills were non-existant. Eventually she directed me to complain to Expedia or to the Hotel Manager but I could not give this complaint to her to pass on to the manager (?!).

Hey, it's a nice hotel, a great location if you can't afford the Disneyland Hotel prices, and I would imagine if the hot water had worked the whole time I'd be giving a glowing review but it's when the pressure is on that the real situation is revealed and I wont be staying at the Anabella next time I show my children Disneyland.

great price, great location, & great rooms.

I'm from San Diego & have a 3 year old gaugther that loves Disney; So my husband & I where a little unsure where to stay with our daughter. And belive me, I checked out lot's of other Hotel in the are, and when we got there, we where VERY pleassently surprised, the rooms were very spaceouse, & they even had a smaller room for my daughter to stay in. We where very happy overall, & we have recomended the Anabella to our frinds, & our frinds have been there too, & they were very pleased also.

My favorite in the Disney hood

I was skeptical about The Anabella considering the different opinions posted here. The hotel is beautiful and the price was right so I figured, why not? I felt instantly and genuinely welcomed by Albert (the manager-on-duty) at check-in. When, after I had settled in, he phoned my room to make sure I was comfortable and satisfied with the accommodations, I knew I had made the best choice of hotels possible. I stayed in a "junior suite" on the first level. It was tastefully furnished, cozy, very secure, and I slept like a baby each night. I will miss that perfect bathroom with the stone finish. Convenience to Disneyland and Downtown Disney was a plus and the Hotel's restraunt, Tangerine, exceeded all my expectations. The food is delicious, very fresh, generously portioned, and reasonably priced- great choices. The waiter, Alex Galindo, didn't miss a beat and I hope to return as soon as I can to continue our conversation and be served by the best! I guess what really stands out about my stay at The Anabella is the Staff and Quality of Service. Housekeeping. Management, Security, the Gift Shop workers, everyone involved in making this hotel and experience what it is should be commended. It is way past midnight as I write this, and I'm very tired from my long trip back home, yet I didn't want to go to sleep without sharing my wonderful experience of staying at The Anabella in Anaheim.

Extremely disappointing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Alimags

My family of 4 stayed 2 nights at the Anabella in July whilst touring California. It proved to be the worst hotel we stayed at. The reception area is very nice but our Junior Suite was dark and dingy with a view of the car park at the front and backing onto a dirty alley and the wall of another building. The floors were not cleaned properly - dirt behind the bathroom door stayed there. I found a dirty nappy (diaper) beneath the day bed and a dirty sock down the side of the sofa bed on our arrival. No pillows were provided for either the day bed or the sofa bed and we had to request them. The shower leaked and when I ran a bath in the evening there was no hot water. The decor was tired and shabby, with holes where fixtures had been removed. The web site says this is a new hotel! Our room safe didn't work. The noise from footsteps upstairs was substantial. There were always queues at the reception desk and staff were neither friendly nor welcoming. Service in the restaurant was very poor even though it was virtually empty at breakfast (I wonder why!) There was a TV screen checkout facility which wouldn't work when we tried to use it, so we queued at reception. A member of staff said we could use 'quick checkout' if we had no queries with our bill - this actually meant just drop your keys in the box in reception. He told us we would be sent confirmation by post within 2 days. We never received confirmation of our bill and they overcharged us on our credit card. Later we faxed them about this and they failed to reply. We paid $114/night for the Anabella and it was very disappointing. Don't go there.

I will definately stay here again!

Overall, I was very pleased with our experience at the Annabella. My granddaughter and I spent seven days there while "doing Disneyland". I found the room to be clean, well maintained and tucked away in a quiet spot. The family pool was awesome and surrounded by wonderful flowers and gardens. We noticed that many hotels in the area had pools and most of them were right out along the side of the road or on the edge of the public sidewalk. This was not the case with the Annabella. You feel like you are a long way from the middle of the resort area and can walk to and from the pool without a huge public audience. They even have a little laundry room for those of us who wanted to do our own laundry.
My biggest complaint would be that the service in the Tangerine Grill was awful at best. As just one example, one evening after returning from a long day at Disneyland, we stopped to have dinner at the Tangerine Grill. The server hadn't asked us if we wanted drinks with our meals and I had to flag her down to get her attention. She took our drink orders and dissapeared again. She finally brought my salad and then about five minutes later brought my dinner! I asked her to put it back under the heat lights as I would like to finish my salad first. I then had to flag down another server after waiting fifteen minutes for our server to notice that I had eaten my salad and to bring my dinner.
She then asked me four times in ten minutes if there was anything else.
I replied no, we are done here. She then brought my check and dissapeared again! We stood and waited for her to come back and she never did. I flagged down the busgirl and ask her how I could pay my bill and she just replied, "Leave it on the table". I said no, I wouldn't do that as I needed change. I am not leaving twenty dollars for an Eleven dollar meal with terrible service! We finally came up with a plan that I would charge it to my room and the busgirl found me a pen and walked away. Well..the pen didn't write! So in fustration I looked all over the counters for another pen. Didn't find one anywhere, so I did the best I could with the one I had and left the check on the counter. I was tired and not very concerned about the check as we ate there every day of our stay and I was sure that they knew who I was.
The next morning the Matre D asks me if I am the guest who left the check on the counter last night and proceeds to give me hell for leaving it on the wrong counter!!!! That was the last meal we ate there. After that, we went to one of two nice little family diners right next door. The only other remark I would like to make is that if you order a pay per view movie and for some reason it is not available, call the front desk right away. I didn't call cause I didn't think I would be charged for a movie that wasn't available and upon checkout, found out that YES, I would have to pay for the movie cause I didn't call to say that it wasn't available. That was just a minor screw up.
So stay at the Annabella.... but eat elsewhere!

The maids are theives!!

by TripAdvisor Member NM-Native060

Despite the nasty reviews I read, I gave this hotel a chance and ended up getting burned in a way none of the reviews prepared me for. On our second day at the Annabella, my husband and I discovered some personal belongings missing. We assumed we had misplaced them and didn't worry about it. Then on our last day it all became clear. I called the front desk to confirm that checkout time was 11 a.m. and told them I would check out at that time. We packed up most of our stuff except our food and our cooler (it was a very hot day) and went to Disneyland, intending to return before checkout time to have lunch and pack the rest into the car. Upon returning at 10:30 we found all of our food gone and the room cleaned and ready for the next occupant. I confronted a maid nearby who said that she thought we had left. She went into a storage room and brought back my cooler and several bags containing our food, and explained that she had thrown out all the perishable items. I checked out, slightly miffed, but when we started to prepare our lunch we discovered that all the packages of food that we had not yet opened (all the non-perishable things that were still in store-bought condition) were missing. We didn't have enough left to feed our family.
I went back to the hotel and sat for over two hours while the manager questioned the maid and checked the room and adjacent storage areas.
The maid denied everything and claimed that she found the door slightly open when she came to clean the room, and said that somebody else must have taken whatever we thought was missing. The manager defended this position even after the maintenance person ran a report from the key card entry box that showed that the maid had entered the room with her own key card (why would she need a key if the door was already open?) and that nobody else had gone in. In the end he paid me the estimated value of the missing items, but not before accidentally putting the credit to somebody else's card and handing me their credit card information. I pointed out that it wasn't my card info, and then waited another 45 minutes for him to fumble with his computer doing God-knows-what with my credit card info. And all the time he insinuated that I must be mistaken. The things that were stolen included my 3-year-old daughter's favorite Disney storybook (a gift from her Grandma) and her snacks for the day and the drive home. When a person steals from a child, it's really unforgiveable. So if you choose this hotel, don't bring anything you want to keep. And don't expect any sympathy from the staff.

great room for the price

after reading some of the other reveiws, I had to comment. stayed in a junior suite. room was somewhat small but confortable. had more amenities than rooms I have paid twice as much for. there was noise from upstairs, but not unususal for a 2 story motel. would stay there again because of close proximity to Disney resort

Citadel

by 1105369

can anyone tell me the easiest way to get to citadel from the Anabella hotel, anaheim?
i will be staying in anaheim for three weekdays in the month of may.
thankyou for your time

Re: Citadel

by southofla

The easiest way is by Car. From the Hotel you would get back onto the I-5 from either Katella or Harbor. Take I-5 North and exit Atlantic Blvd. It will take you about 20-40 minutes to get there depending on traffic.

• Dec 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

The hotel was OK but the Gift Cachet (name of gift shop there) was very good and right before I left, the Korean owner of the store gave me a gift. She was very nice and if I visit Anaheim again, I will definetely visit the Gift Cachet.