Anabella Hotel

#24 of 110 hotels in Anaheim
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 4 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 2681 reviews
Compare best prices from top travel partners Travelocity

Value Score

See Amenities

Hospitality Plus

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2015

I stayed at the Anabella Hotel June 7 -11, 2015 along with my husband who was attending an AWWA water conference at the Convention Center next door. It was a great location to stay for ease of access to the conference as it is a short walk away.

I was greeted by a bellman at the door , who smiled, said hello, and opened the door for me as I went inside to register. The registration desk clerk was very helpful and friendly as well and got me taken care of promptly. My first impression was that this was a friendly place to stay.

When we went to the room, the door was very sticky and would not open without using force. We put up with that for the first day but when we discovered that the cracked bathroom sink was leaking water onto the floor the next morning, I complained to the general manager. He had the manager of guest services, Greg Heyn, get in touch with me. Greg apologized for the condition of the room and offered to move us to another room. He moved us to a concierge room which was larger than our original room. It had a small seating area outside of the room with a small table and chairs. There was a foliage privacy screen to make this outside area a usable extension of the room. This room had a king size bed and a double bed as well as a couch, chair, desk, refrigerator, and came complete with his and her bathrobes hanging in the closet. It was a very nice room. As I was getting us settled in, Greg sent a plate of gorgeous chocolate covered strawberries from the hotel's Tangerine restaurant as an apology for the inconvenience of having to move from one room to another. Through this experience, Greg was always pleasant and polite and listened to what I had to say. This left me with a good overall impression of hotel management. They listened and responded to my concerns.

I found that the staff at this hotel overall were very pleasant and friendly. When I moved into the second room, the air conditioner was not working. I walked out of the room and immediately encountered a housekeeper. She was preparing to enter the room next door to clean when I asked if she could show me how to make the ac unit work. She tried but was unable to get it going, so she contacted the desk. Two maintenance people were there within 5 minutes and after their unsuccessful attempt to make it work, they removed the air conditioner and brought a new one to the room.

The maintenance people were very professional and acknowledged the inconvenience to me of them having to come back to install a new unit. While they were there I asked for a recommendation for their favorite local restaurant. One of them suggested a Mexican restaurant named Los Sanchez which was on Garden Grove Boulevard near West Avenue. (Good food, Lots of it, and Reasonable prices).

Later I had further contact with the front desk asking for parking and check out information. Again, I was treated very well, given the information and was treated with courtesy and respect. I was assured that someone was at the desk 24/7 to answer any questions or respond to any concerns.

When I called the front desk to check out, Greg answered the phone and remembered me by name and asked again if everything had worked out okay. Follow up - showing concern for the guest is something I haven't seen much of in other hotels so this was a refreshing change.

My husband travels to conferences periodically so I have gone with him to Reno, Las Vegas, Long Beach, and now Anaheim. I have lived overseas and traveled to a few foreign countries. I grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota but have relocated to northern California, so I do periodic trips cross country. Over the years I have stayed at many hotels. I have to say, that the personnel at this hotel are more concerned with treating their guests well than I have seen anywhere else.

The architecture of this hotel is reminiscent of the missions in California. It adds a certain ambiance to the hotel and grounds. There are multiple swimming pools, a fitness room and a restaurant on the premises. It is a short walk to Downtown Disney, Disneyland and Disney Adventure Park, as well as close to the Anaheim Garden Walk. If you are going to be enjoying Disneyland, this hotel is nearby. There are many restaurants in the vicinity at Downtown Disney and Anaheim Garden Walk which are both a walkable distance from the hotel. There are also stores and restaurants a short drive away.

Nice place to stay, good location, and wonderful service.

Terrible, they are deceptive and they steal

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 29, 2011

What a terrible experience. First off, while cheap, the rooms are dated and moderately clean at best. We checked in, had our unspectactular and uneventful stay and went home. About a month later, I recieved a $300 charge claiming that I broke hotel property. This was completely false, and upon further investigation, I realized they posted the charge two days into my 9 day stay. There was no communication that I was being charged, no one told me that I had allegedly damaged the propery in my room (because I didn't, they lied) and to date they have refused to refund my money. Not only that, but when I called to inquire about the charge, the employee Ian Mills was exceedingly rude, and short with me as well as unhelpful and accusatory.

I'm not sure if the housekeeping staff accidentally broke the mirror and blamed it one me, or if it was broken previous to/after my stay, or if they're just trying to steal 300 bucks now that I'm out of the country, but the result is they are stealing my money,

Unique Quality: They lie about Wi-Fi being free
They charge for parking
It is extremely noisy, poor sound insultion
They falsely accuse you of property damage and then attempt to steal from you

Deceitful Anabella

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 23, 2011

I would definitely not recommend this motel. They lied about there being free parking; they lied about there being WIFI. Neither the parking nor the internet were free. When we booked this motel, it was supposed to be across the street from Disneyland. It was a 30 minute walk to the entrance. The parking fees were added on and the WIFI was also extra charges, contrary to the information when we booked. When I told them this upon check-in, they snickered at me and refused to change these more than $50 extra in charges for a two day stay. The worst part was the disrepectful way we were treated. We had to stay anyway, due to convention in town. There was also a considerable amount of outdoor noise from carts, that beep loudly when they back-up and at all hours.
I will fight with my credit card company to get the money back.

Unique Quality: Noise from carts and leaf blowers and parking lot vacuum cleaners.

Deceitful paractices, including extra charges for parking and wIFI. These were supposed to be free.

Very expensive room and resort taxes, in excess of 12percent. All food and merchandise in the area very expensive.

California is like a foreign country.
We will not be back!

Directions: Disney land

AkiSan's Profile Photo

My Favorite Anaheim Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 5, 2004

We've stayed at the Anabella Hotel by Disneyland several times. I used Expedia and the last two times I booked it.

The hotel is located on Katella on the South side of the Disney property near the west end of Downtown Disney. You can see the Paradise Pier Hotel and the ferris wheel from the Anabella, you can also see and hear folks on the rollercoaster :)

The Anabella is made up of two or three, maybe more, old adjoining motels that were renovated and joined to form one property. As far as I can tell all of the rooms face outdoor corridors. That means for some first floor rooms, you can park in front of your room, or someone else can park in front of it :) That may mean some headlight lights, engine noise, when people arrive or leave, etc.

While I think it is important to know about the outdoor corridor situation, I would not let it affect my decision to stay there. The property is very secure - I have seen security patrols at all hours of the day and night. Guests are provided with hotel parking passes so non-guests can't park unless they are visiting a hotel guest.

The rooms are great! Sometimes the rooms are different sizes; we had one LARGE room once and one tiny room once. Everything is clean with marble bathrooms, fridges, coffee makers (bring your own soup and oatmeal!), etc.

The property itself is nice and has great landscaping. There are little places with tables and chairs to sit spread around and lots of hanging plants.

Your room rate may include free shuttle passes to a shuttle that takes you to the Disney entrance at the opposite end of where the hotel is. Sometimes you pay $2 or $3 for the pass sometimes you don't - I think it has to do with the season.

Note: our room rates have always been deeply discounted, maybe $60/night total. I have insane luck with Expedia and other internet travel sitess since I can wait until the last minute to book Anaheim rooms - I live in LA - if it's too expensive I can skip the hotel and drive home.

Unique Quality: I really LOVED the rooms. The beds are made up in really nice tapestry-Martha Stewart type-fancy bedspreads with throw pillows and the rest of the room decor matches and there are marble bathrroms just like they advertise.

The Anabella is on the same side and street as the Anaheim Convention Center, so in my opinion there aren't as many restaurants or touristy shops in the immediate area, but a few blocks away you can find t-shirt stores, a Subway, a convenience store etc.

Many conventioneers use the Anabella as do families, but the hotel does not get noisy or rowdy as far as I can tell. It has a great atmosphere for businesspeople and tourists.

The Anabella has a "family" pool and a "quiet" pool as well as a decent fitness room. All three are clean and you need your room key to access them at certain times.

We didn't try the on-site cafe, but we were given a coupon for meals there when we checked in. There is also a gift shop, concierge, nail shop and a business center. There is a coffee shop next door.

The Anabella says it's walking distance to Disney, and it is...maybe 3 or 4 loooong blocks to Downtown Disney or the Grand California Hotel. Not a bad walk, but not a good walk if you're tired or towing kids. There is a monorail/entry station at the part of Downtown Disney you can walk to.

The hotel is close to Disney, but I use the shuttles or my car, because I'd rather save all my energy for the parks. Some websites mention a "back entrance" from Katella, but I've never found it or used it.

You can also buy your Disney tickets from the front desk too.

Directions: Use Yahoo! to get exact directions.

The Anabella is at the southwest corner of the Disney Resort property.

iuoioi Dec 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

The hotel was OK but the Gift Cachet (name of gift shop there) was very good and right before I left, the Korean owner of the store gave me a gift. She was very nice and if I visit Anaheim again, I will definetely visit the Gift Cachet.

Nearby Anabella Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Anaheim Travel Forum

Need advice about Anaheim, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Anaheim and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Anaheim hotel reviews

Princesses everywhere
Disneyland Downtown
Trading pins
Arrive to Ana Via Greyhound Bus
Say Hi to Walt and Mickey!
See revitalized Ana
Stroll the Less Crowded but Worthy Gardenwalk
Discover Downtown, Away from Disneyland
Come For Old Fashioned Ice Cream & Service
Go to Disneyland from LAX fast & for cheap
Not the happiest place on earth
Arrive at the Artic Anytime of the Year
Use Metrolink stop to see Angels at stadium
A hit or miss experience. Tips on making it a hit.
See the Ducks, Top Music Artists or the Circus
Things to Do
Disneyland is magical but more crowded every year
California Adventure
Go LAX-Disneyland by Super Shuttle
Take a convenient bus from Ana to Long Beach
Go For Upscale-Casual at The Catch
Do Disneyland- Mall via bus: 2 Mainplace/Gardenwlk
Bus it BRAVO style to D-Land, North & Central O.C.
Great pizza~
Garden Walk Parking
50's Theme
Enjoy a local craving!
Come Here If You Hate to Wait...