Anaheim Islander Inn And Suites

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Anaheim Islander Inn And Suites

Wonderful and clean

by TripAdvisor Member MrMrsFergie

During our 14 day trip to California , we stayed in Los Angles, Queen Mary, Radisson Hotels etc but we found Anaheim Islander Inn & Suites The Best one by miles !!!
The rooms were wonderful, neat and clean. Reception staff were wonderful, pleasant and helpful. We love to be there in our future stay.

Not overly impressed, felt it was overpriced.

by TripAdvisor Member mom_on_a_budget

After spending hours & hours online, getting prices and reading reviews, we decided to stay at the Anaheim Islander Inn & Suites. For what we paid we were very disappointed in what we got. The room was $95/night plus 15% taxes. We were expecting 2-room suite (there were 5 of us). Instead our "2 queens plus queen sofa bed" were all in 1 room - very cozy. I am not one to complain, but I even went back to the front desk because I thought we had been given the wrong room. No - a larger room would cost about $35/night more - yikes! We also highly doubted that the beds were queen sized - they looked like doubles. Aside from that the beds were comfortable, the staff was very nice. As other reviewers have pointed out, the continental breakfast is very skimpy - coffee, orange juice, sweet rolls & apples. Since we knew that ahead of time we brought our own cereal and muffins and just went down for OJ and coffee. The room did have a nice mini-fridge and microwave. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean. Would we stay here again? Yes, if the room was $65/night. We felt for $95/night it was very overpriced. It's not a bad place to stay, equivalent to a Super 8 or something like that. Just priced too high for what we got.

Islander Inn is "OK"

by TripAdvisor Member Augs4

We stayed at the Islander Inn trying to save some money at the end of our Disney vacation. (We had stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for the 2 nights prior.) For the money we "saved", we would have been money ahead to stay where we were because my picky family didn't care for the cellophane wrapped danish, so we then went to a restaurant for breakfast. We didn't use the bus service since we were finished with Disney, but many other hotels provide a shuttle service for free, so this was another disappointment. The hotel itself was "OK", but I wouldn't suggest it for Disney convenience, because you can get much better accommodations and service for about $12 more.

Not Too Happy....

by TripAdvisor Member joel1316

Me and my family stayed in the Islander Inn and was not too impressed. Looking on the internet for a decent deal and going off of the Islander's current ranking of #29 on Trip Advisor, I decided to book our stay. Our room was decently sized with 2 queen beds, refrigerator and a microwave. I checked the room, I found the rug to be a bit dingy and I'm usually not one to be a clean freak, but I found walking on the rug barefooted to be a bit a disgusting. We found tiny insects flying around the room, there was a cricket in the tub one morning and 1-2 ants could always be found somewhere in the room. The rooms furniture was in a sad state of condition. The cabinet drawers were falling apart, the chairs were falling apart, most furniture surfaces had a tacky feeling (like it was just refinished?) and cigarette burn marks could be found on the furniture surface.
The employees were very helpful and trying to make our room a bit more comfortable. Besides the insects and rug, the overall room was kept as clean as possible by the employees.
The Continental Breakfast was a bit disappointing for me. Their small spread only included room temperature orange juice, coffee, apples and an assortment of strudels. I'm used to having Continental Breakfasts that have cold cereal, toast and various baked goods. If your looking for a nice Continental Breakfast, the Islander is not for you.....
Overall, the price I paid was OK, could have been "cheaper" but I guess that would be hard to find with Disney's 50th celebration going on. We didn't spend too much time in the room as we were always out and about. But I think for our next trip out to Disney, I will more than likely not consider the Islander again.......

Surprisingly Nice

Although the Islander Inn was built in 1962 (I asked) the rooms were completely remodeled in 2002/3 looked very nice and very clean inside. Because of timing on my part, (last minute) I wanted to stay there for 5 days and I had to stay in two different rooms, one with 2 full size beds and bunkbeds (room 218), (kids liked that idea) because each of my 3 teenage children had their own beds on those nights and this room was very roomy, we didn't feel cramped. There is another room like 121 quite a bit smaller with bunkbeds as well, (I looked in when they were cleaning this room.) Days 3,4 and 5 were in the Queen suite (like room 226) with a locked door (mom and dad time together) and the two full size beds in the other room for the kids. Breakfast is from 7:00 to 9:00 they had OJ and Coffee and several types of danish. Fresh fruit is also available. What is really nice about the Islander Inn is this, sure you can walk to Disneyland, takes about 12 to 15 minutes, however, at the end of the Day and after walking all day, just thinking about the walk back, was painful to think about, especially if you're not used to walking. It's nice to know there is a shuttle that runs every 20 minutes and gets picked up right in front of the Islander Inn (Stop is G 1). What's nice about this ... You get picked up first and when it goes to the other hotels, you got a spot to sit. When you get dropped off at "G" sign in the front of Disneyland's maingate entrance, that is where you get picked up and then you are dropped off first at G1, so, even if you are standing, it's a short hop to the Islander Inn. VERY NICE. There is a $3.00 fee for an all day pass (per person) for the shuttle. Money Very Well Spent. Parking at Disneyland is $12.00 and then you have to walk to a shuttle pickup area and then ride for sometime and get dropped near the end of Downtown Disney ... and still a good walk to the Main Entrance. I would recommend the Islander Inn to the traveller with children or the couple just looking for Clean and Nice Rooms. Oh yeah, Wireless is available if needed so bring your laptop. DC

good value for price

Had the room with 2queen and sofa bed there were 5 of us there was enough room. House keeping was great front desk very friendly and helpful. Pool was good and clean. Had the shuttle on the street 3.00 a day but it was easy to walk the 15min, close to some restaurants 7 11 and food mart.We brought some food and bought some and used the fridge and micro for some meals and made deli sandwiches for lunch in disney. House keeping did a great job cleaning always got what we asked for and more. The carpet were a little dirty could use a clean but not bad.We paid $85. us a night which from looking around was a good price . Some places were cheaper but you got no fridge microwave and laundry which we used the laundy twice. Our first trip to Disney we stayed and the Hampton Inn was great, but we needed something a lot cheaper this time. If we do come back we will stay here again Good little hotel.

Great stay

The hotel isn't fancy, but was clean and close to Disney. We weren't looking for fancy as we wanted to spend our time doing theme parks. We stayed for a week, and never used the shuttle. We had a suite - two rooms, 4 beds. 7 of us stayed. The people were fantastic! Any questions and they were more than happy to help. Price was great! We had a great time and would definately stay here again!!

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member AnneBerkhamsted_UK

We stayed in a two-bedroom suite at the end of July. We thought the Islander was very good value although simple. Basically clean with (mostly) friendly and helpful staff. It's convenient for Disneyland which is about a 15 minute walk.

Only drawback was the pool which was very cloudy(although, to be honest, we didn't really have time to use it) We were warned off using the pool by the maintenance guy who said it didn't receive frequent enough checks.

Great Value

We wanted a motel-style property with a separate bedroom, so we could spread out, without having to pay the cost of 2 rooms. Islander Inn was excellent value for money, two large rooms, two TVs, nice pool, we walked to Disneyland, clean and tidy and comfortable and handily located. Only thing it could have improved on was by having enough glasses, cups, sets of cutlery, plates for each person in room so we could heat some food and eat at home occasionally, without balancing the pizza on a napkin. Would definitely come back and also recommend to friends.

Wouldn't stay again

by TripAdvisor Member JnetCa7

We stayed at the Islander the weekend before disneys 50th anniversary. When we arrived we were surprised at how small it was, as the pictures we had seen on the internet had been decieving. The staff seemed very helpful and answered all our questions. The location is good, only 10 minutes wlak form disneyland. We were staying for two nights, and as they got our booking wrong, we were moved after one night to another room. The rooms were 'ok', but very smelly. The sheets seemed clean and the bathroom, yet the fridge or kettle did not work. Everything felt sticky, like they needed cleaning. The pool was small, and overlooked by the road. Out of 10 hotels we stayed in on our holidays this was the worst.

Comments