1700 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• jdferguson's Profile Photo

Not a Bad Place for the Price

My stay at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites was not bad. The hotel is located directly across from California Adventure. From outside in the stairwell you can look across and see the Tower of Terror. I would recommend this hotel only as a budget location. The hotel offers cheap prices but adds taxes and parking fees which make it more expensive than advertised. Overall the hotel is comfortable, although a little, noisy and not the most modern of facilities. I just keep coming back to the location and that's the best part. Check early for cheaper prices at other nearby hotels, they end up being cheaper.

Unique Quality: The pool was Olympic size and was quite nice. Again, the location was great. The rooms are comfortable and clean, but could have been updated a little.

Directions: Direclty across from the Disneyland/California Adventure parking lot. Disneyland way borders the hotel.

• Caolonm's Profile Photo

Everything you've heard is probably true.

We stayed for a week in this Hotel and found it to work for our needs. If you’ve heard good things about this hotel, they are probably true. The pool is massive, grounds attractive, the folks at the desk are friendly, and the rates were the best if looking for a hotel within a 10 minute walk to the front gates of DL or DCA.
    However, if you have heard bad things about this hotel, they are probably also true, you pay $2 a day for parking, the ability for the water in the shower to stay at a decent temp is laughable, the ice machines are essentially non-existent/ often didn’t work, and we had a (very small) water leak in our bathroom.
    I would recommend this hotel over all, though for the price, the spacious rooms, and the proximity to DL/DCA.

Unique Quality: Largest pool we have seen in the area. Try Google or Yahoo's satellite maps to see the size and compare it to surrounding locations. We watched the fireworks from our hotel room door (pool does close @ 10, so not from the pool) Very tropical feeling, but the patio areas for rooms on the first floor looked poorly taken care of. Anaheim water is the worst, I suggest bringing bottled water.

• Kennethsoh's Profile Photo

Cleanest & Closest to Disneyland

Staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. They are honest as well. Rooms are very clean and spacious.

Unique Quality: Ample Free Parking
    Smoke Detectors
    Wake-up Service Available
    Internet Access

More about Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites

Great room for the price!

Stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites April 23-25, 2004. Paid only $50 per night for a Friday & Saturday. Well worth the cost, as you get what you pay for. Big room, reasonably quiet (considering we were near the street), clean, all necessary towels and soaps included. The only problem was that I couldn't find the ice/soda machines, which ended up being located in another building. A long walk after walking 40 miles through the Disneyland parks all day! This hotel is only one block south of the crosswalk, not too bad of a walk. Hotel staff were pleasant, but not overly nice. Once again, you get what you pay for. We were satisfied and WILL stay there again!

Great for the Money!

I have stayed at many Disneyland area hotels. I believe that the Anaheim Plaza is the best room for $50 that I have ever seen, anywhere! The rooms were spacious, the lobby impressive, and the balconies on the bottom floor which we stayed were huge. I was very impressed with the tropical setting and the huge pool. The pool does have astroturf around it, but what do you expect for $50?
I stayed here in early June, 2004 and would stay again in a heartbeat!

Great Time had by All

Our family stayed at the Anaheim Plaza, November 21-26, 2004. Our stay was great. We had the two room suite, Room 420 and 422. The rooms were clean and had the basics. Also, included was a mircowave and fridge. These came in handy. We requested a handicapped room and the bathroom was quite large. The queen size beds were firm and comfortable. The pool area was great, large heated pool. Staff was wounderful and professional in their actions. Every time we return from Disneyland, our room was always made up. Easy to get around in. Parking area was close to the room. Only thing is that you have to drive one way around the hotel. Location can not be beat, just a 8 to 10 minute walk to Disneyland. Also, the Timon parking area is just across the street from the hotel. Easy in and easy out. The only cons about the plaza is that tub had a slow flow to it, and the coin operated laundry takes to long and does not do a good job. Took a lot of quaters to do the wash. Will stay at the Anaheim Plaza in the future, when going to Disneyland. We had a great time.

A way to save during a trip to Disney!

I have stayed at the Anaheim Plaza several times in the past and I agree that it is not the Omni or Ritz. But I knew that when I booked my 49.00 room rate. I just don't see how people can be so critical of a hotel that offers such good rates to families who spend all of their days in Disneyland anyway. I have experienced my fair share of situations....loud neighbors, ants outside, my room not ready when we arrived, but hey...you're on vacation, don't let it get the best of you. Our room wasn't ready so what? We left our luggage in our car, went to the park all day so when we came back to the hotel, we were so tired we didn't notice that there was no ice in the ice machine, or too many people at the pool, how my closet doors were arranged and we didn't seem to let the people talking outside our door bother us. We came for Disneyland, we wanted a nice, close and accessible hotel for when the day was through and that is exactly what we got. This is a great hotel and if you are easy going and want to save a little money after spending loads of it in the park, stay here, you won't be disappointed.

We got what we paid for...

by TripAdvisor Member bhillut

I had read all the reviews and took a lot of time looking for a motel to stay in while we were in Anaheim last weekend. I like things that are nice, but was willing to sacrifice a little luxury for a good price. I wasn't expecting something ritzy, and the Anaheim Plaza was not. But it was a good value, a close walk to Disneyland & we enjoyed our stay there. We had two adjoining rooms, I had requested rooms with a refrigerator and microwave in each room. Both rooms had a refrigerator, but only one room had a microwave. I didn't bother to call and see if we could get another one, we just made due with one, and it was fine.

The motel is advertised as having a large heated pool. The pool was indeed nice and large, but the water was VERY cold. We didn't even attempt to get into it.

I don't know if I would ever stay here again. I would probably book another hotel up the road a bit, there were a couple others that I considered, I will probably try one of them next time.

Can't beat the price..

This hotel was very good for the price. It was an average hotel but for the price we got (under 50 dollars) it was fine. It is an older property but the pool was large and clean. The location was very good. Not right across from the main entrance, but just one block up. Easy walk to Disneyland. The rooms were large and the bottom floor balconies were huge. They did have big fences around them for privacy so you couldn't see anything. The top floor balconies had better views. I can see why people who were in rooms on the "Disney way" side were unhappy with the noise. The city must have been doing some street renovations in that area and jackhammering at 11pm a night. Stay in the 500-600 block of rooms to be closer to the pool. The outer rooms can seem too far away and secluded for safety I would think. WE stayed in 517 and were very happy with the location. We had a refrig. and micro which was very convienient. You had to ask for rooms with these amenities though.
Overall we were very comfortable with this hotel and would stay again to save money for Disneyland. Have a great time!

Looks better inside than outside

by TripAdvisor Member jayzzz

When we arrived at the hotel we were quite dissappointed with the outlook of this hotel. Expecting the worst, we were checked in and hey, it wasn't that bad.
Rooms were clean, basic facilities avail. - Fridge, hair dryer, coffee maker; Staff was very friendly, esp Shima - she's very knowledgeable.

We were expecting a very long walk to Disneyland, but it wasn't that bad after all (could be due to the excellent weather) - of course the other closer hotels near the maingate might've seem closer, but it's just 5 mins difference.

Overall, it was a good experience staying at this hotel.

Other hotels like Castle Inn, Best Western, etc. have a better outward appearance, and we'll prob. try those in the future.

by sunnysam

First of all, thanks for your earlier responses to the International Inn. But because of a change in plans in our group, we are ending up at the Anaheim Plaza and Hotel and suites at 1700 S. Harbor Blvd.
Any comments on this one?
Thanks!

RE: Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites

by tracys2cents

It is about a 10min walk to Disney. It is an OLD budget place...it looks old, smells old, feels old...just one of those places that hangs around for years and fills the need for budget travelers, VERY CLEAN and well kept but not the Ritz!

Comments