Best Western Raffles Inn Suite

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Raffles Inn Suite

Best Western Raffles Inn, good location

by TripAdvisor Member ReginaMom

We stayed at the Best Western Raffles Inn. The room was ok... we had a kid's suite which had a parents room. My daughter immediately claimed it as hers and that turned out just fine with us having access to the fridge and the washroom without disturbing her. The rooms were clean and spacious. The front desk attendants were helpful and polite. The parking was bad, small parking spots and often no parking left later at night. The front staff did a good job of valet parking (double parking) after hours to accomodate the cars. The free breakfast was welcomed after learning how expensive it is to order breakfast in this area!! It was often just cereal, toast and alternating danishes, waffles and hard boiled eggs. They had oranges and apples everyday as well as apple and orange juice and coffee, tea and hot chocolate. They also had bagels one of the days we were there so there is not too much to complain about really for "free". We ended up buying a box of cereal and taking it with us to the breakfast room to have our fav. cereal. The location of the hotel is good... a long way to walk to disneyland but we ended up just taking our rental car and paying the $10 a day to park which I thought was reasonable considering you can leave whenever you want. Generally speaking the weather was good for us to visit everywhere we wanted to go. The princess breakfast I would have to say is a bit overrated. I thought it was a bit on the pricey side for what you actually eat (I am vegetarian and my daughter ate a few pieces of fruit!) and not all the princesses came to our table. We were there for an hour and a half and missed some of them as they just left without visiting everyone. We were extremely disappointed in this as they dont want you to come to them, they come to you... but what happens when you wait patiently? they left! It was nice to have some of them come to the table and get autographs and some pictures which my daughter adored. I find that if you are not pushy in disneyland, you wont get very far in getting autographs and pictures of characters. They are not very well organized when it comes to this.... as you can stand in line for 20 mins for a picture and autograph and they they leave and say they will be back in a half hour or so, in a different location! I offered a few suggestions however I am sure they have heard them all before. I found most parents were upset about this.
We also went to Sea World... and throughly enjoyed the dolphin show, feeding the dolphins, the shamu show and touching the starfish! The weather could have been better but overall a good day.
Generally a good trip. We would have gotten a standard room though if we would have realized just how much time we were actually going to stay there.
The trip to Knotts was also good if you are a thrill seeker! Awesome roller coasters!

Very accomodating

We stayed at the Raffles Best Western from Oct 23-31/04. When we arrived they accomdated us by upgrading to a family suite. Travelling with my mom and two kids made that upgrade a very welcome indeed!! The first two nights we had no sleep because of upstairs neighbors but the third day they graciously moved us to the third floor. We had a couple minor issues - a burnt out light and a piece of metal sticking out from under the bed but both issues were quickly resolved and the front counter people were very friendly and helpful. As for the distance....it seems there blocks are about 3 canadian block (maybe it's the metric thing...HA) but the ART picks up just out front of the hotel and delivers up to the front entrance of Disneyland. It cost $3.00/person with children under 9 or 10 (can't remember) free. We booked a couple trips through the hotel and again good experience and no problems. The hotel hot tub was more like a luke warm tub and the breakfast was ok for free, they should have peanut butter though!! The beds were comfortable and clean. This is not a 5 star by any means but if your on a budget its great. I would definately return! With my own jar of peanut butter.

Just Fine

As others have said, this is a two star Best Western. As such, it fit our family just fine. The kids loved their own room, there was a newspaper at the door every morning, and I thought the temp on the hot tub was perfect. We stayed 4 nights in mid-November, the stay was quiet, the room comfy, and the staff efficient. It is way to far to walk to Disneyland, but the bus stops out front. Breakfast is worth what you pay for it, and there is a Denny's a block away if you want more. We would go back again!

Excellent value

by TripAdvisor Member SRCIsrael

Stayed here by myself for 5 nights in November while attending a conference at the Anaheim convention center. I found the reception clerks to be friendly and helpful, room large and in excellent condition, and room amenities better than average. Hotel "added touches" such as heated pool, daily paper, double sink, ironing board in room, breakfast, and enormous TV give the impression that this place gives a good deal for its nominal rating. The hotel was a convenient walk to wherever I needed to go, quiet (at least on the far side from the street where I stayed), and well worth the rate I paid ($62 + tax per night).

Not luxury, but great room set-ups

by TripAdvisor Member blooberry

This was the perfect place for our families to get together for a reunion and trip to Disneyland. The hotel was clean, functional and safe, not quiet and not fancy. The breakfast buffet was very very basic, but it'll put some food in you before you hit the park (juice, toast, cereal, coffee, oatmeal, danish). The room configurations were great for families. Our room had two queen-sized beds and a bathroom in one side, then through the french doors we had a bunk bed, fold-out couch and another bathroom. We paid about $120/night (average).

It's not walking distance to Disneyland, and the local shuttle system, while cheap ($3/day adults, free for kids) is not 100% reliable. We wanted to hit the park when it opened, but the first shuttle was over 30 minutes late.

The reservation staff and front desk staff were FANTASTIC. They accommodated every request very quickly, professionally and with a friendly style.

I wouldn't stay here if I weren't traveling with kids, but you can't beat it for the price and the number of beds if you're traveling with a crowd.

Just OK

Not a bad location but pretty basic hotel. Beds were very poor and breakfast was very basic. Front staff friendly enough but no one in house keeping could speak English. They ran out of tissues & towels and you had to repeat your requests each day.

Good for Families

by TripAdvisor Member Fishgirl

We just got back from our trip to DL and we had a blast. Our famliy of 11 stayed at this property. We had three rooms and the room cofiguration was great. We had the Kid Suites and the room had a queen size bed with a seperate room with twin size bunk beds. The seperate room also had a sofa sleeper, TV coffee maker, iron and board and refrigerator. The room was clean with the exception of the carpet. There were large stains, and it could have used a shampoo. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and efficent. We enjoyed the continental breakfast. It was very limited in selection, but they kept things well stocked. We were able to catch the shuttle to DL right outside the hotel. The only draw back was the fact that you have to buy your pass through a "vending machine" and you must have exact change. The front desk staff didn't have change when we asked for it. At check out, I almost had a heart attackt. The desk clerk told me that my credit card was declined. After having a few stern word with the her I quickly got on the phone to Captiol One and found out that the reason my card was declined was because the hotel had already charged my card once and were trying to double charge me. I truly believe the girl at the desk wasn't doing it to be malicious I just think she didn't know what she was doing. I, myself am a Front Office Manager for a hotel in Monterey, CA (also a tourist destination), understand that sometimes when you have a busy check out and the phones are ringing and then something like this happens, you might panic. The manager who stepped in to help out, got a bit short with me at times and I wanted to be rude back (but after putting my self in her shoes, resisted). After things got cleared up I told the manager that I felt the desk clerk had done a good job, given all that was going on around her. It was a learning experience for me (as a hotel employee and trainer). When it was all said and done, the Manager was overly pleasant to me (a bit too late).

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Marcel_B_65

We stayed for a week at the Raffles Inn back in Nov and we had a great stay. We were using Aeroplan points to pay for the room so we can't comment on the rates (I was worried because I figured they would give us the worst room in the hotel) and we had to stay at a Best Western. We used Trip Advisor a lot and I am glad we did. We read the reviews and found some of the reviews of the Best Westerns around Disneyland alarming. The Raffles Inn had some good review so we decided to stay there. Again I am glad we did, we had a great stay.

I can only say that some people are way too picky and love to complain about nothing. The Raffles Inn was very nice and the rooms were great. We had a regular room (2 double beds) and it was very clean, spacious and we loved the set up. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. I travel a lot and found this place to be above average from some of the chain hotels I have stayed in Canada or the US. It is not a 5 star but we were very satsified. The location is great and we walked to Disneyland and California Adventure everyday. On our way we stopped at the corner store to pick up bottles of water and snacks since everything at Disney is so expensive.

The free breakfast was great (unlike some reviews we read) there was always pleanty of food (cereal, waffles, toast, fruits, juice, coffee, etc...) and it was very nice and clean. The only thing missing was peanut butter, but maybe because of so many allergic reactions by kids that is the reason? There was plenty of place to sit and we could watch TV while we ate. If your looking for a big fancy meal this is not the place to go but it is no different than any other hotel I have stayed at and it was quick and easy.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay.

Trip with Grandma and Grandpa

We stayed in a suite over spring break, and found the room to meet all of our needs for space and cleanliness. The separate bedroom with a T.V. , sink and mirror, gave my parents a place to escape and have some peace and quiet. The extra room was quite large and equipped with a table, sink, fridge and microwave..

We walked to Disneyland for 3 days even though it was an extra 40 minutes of walking day (20 minutes each way) its a great way to unwind and talk about the day . It helped to burn off some of those Disney sweets.. You can take the shuttle or city bus...

Breakfast was okay at best, but did provide fruit,coffee and the occassional donut..

We definitely recommend this hotel if you need to sleep 6, it is a little removed from the entrance, but close enough to still have the Disney ambiance at a reasonable price..

great place to stay !

we stayed here in april 20th for 6 days we stayed in a kids suite we liked it we wished we would had a room set up better our room setup was the fridge and the telephone was in the kids room and we did not have a table or anything to st up our laptop , the staff was great and they where very friendly the parking was hard some nights but they valet park your car for you all and all it was a nice place to stay so we had our own room and the kids had there own space i would stay here again .

Comments