Best Western Stovall's Inn

Orbitz.com BestWestern.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

B.W. Plus Stovall's Inn

When I stayed at this motel, Stovall seem to have a motel at almost every corner across the street from Disneyland. I chose it for two reasons. One the discounted price they gave me and two, the student's could walk across the street to get to Disneyland easily.

The rooms were clean and well maintained. This was not a resort type hotel and we only planned to sleep in the rooms, so the bare basics were all we needed.

Update:

This motel has gone through a transformation since I last was there. The rooms have been refurbished, they've added a second pool, a breakfast kitchen and a weight room. Now the offer room and pool-side service and valet parking. The outside has had a make-over too!

Unique Quality: Really, the unique quality for us was the price of the rooms, lower than any other hotel or motel around.

I'd say of my first visit, the staff was really nice, friendly and helpful. We arrived earlier than the check-in time. The kids had over dressed in the morning because of "June-Gloom" and were hot by the time we got to Anaheim. They wanted to change. Housekeepers were busy getting the rooms cleaned up and when we asked for a place to store our bags so the kids could take off to Disneyland. Not only did they say yes, they also gave us two rooms early so the kids could change into summer wear.

After that first experience, I made all my reservations with Stovall's places and was never disappointed.

Directions: Near Disneyland.

More about Best Western Stovall's Inn

Exactly what I expected

by TripAdvisor Member Rikke

I stayed at the Best Western Stovall's Inn from October 1st to 8th, 2005, and it was exactly as I expected - budget, motel-style accommodation.

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the main gates of Disneyland and California Adventure. We learned to cut through the Grand California Hotel (turn left at the Front Desk and follow the signs to Downtown Disney), and that saved us up to 10 minutes. There is an entrance to California Adventure through this Hotel, and we entered there one day, but another time we were stopped because we weren't guests of that hotel. Not sure what the true policy is. Once you've entered Disneyland or California Adventure through the main gates, later in the day you can hop on the Monorail in Downtown Disney and it will take you to Tomorrowland. Just remember to get a stamp on your way out the first time.

I had a room with 1 King bed and found it quite spacious. There was plenty of room to walk around, and certainly enough room for all our luggage and junk! It was quiet, comfortable (though the bed was a bit soft for me) and clean.

The continental breakfast was fairly limited in selection (2 types of muffins, 2 types of danish, toast, apples, oranges, cold cereal, juices, coffee/tea), but always fresh and plenty of it. I did find the breakfast room a bit short of space, so you may want to pick up breakfast and bring it back to your room.

The pool area was nicely landscaped (that's where all the topiary animals are that you see in pictures), and well maintained. The temperature of the pools and hot tubs were just right.

I didn't find parking to be limited, as another reviewer mentioned. If we got back late at night, we wouldn't get a spot right outside our room, but there was always somewhere to park.

The on-site restaurant, Coco's, was very good, and I would highly recommend it. Good prices, good service, great food, and generous portions.

2 notes of caution - don't use the internet in the business centre ($.69 per minute! It adds up VERY quickly), and avoid making long distance calls like the plague!! I know hotel long distance rates are notoriously high, but this was flat-out robbery!! An 18 minute call to Vancouver cost nearly $40 US!!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western Stovall's Inn, and would stay again.

Perfect For Those On A Budget

The Best Western, Stovall’s Inn in Anaheim is perfect for the average traveler. It is nothing special, but is wonderful if you will be in the Disneyland Park most of the day.

During my stay I ran into a few problems, first, when I checked in I requested that there be internet in the room (it is free) and I was placed in a non internet room. Which was one of the reasons for my stay. I was moved promptly and without fuss from the front desk staff.

The rooms are reasonably spacious, thy offer three chairs, a desk, and table. For a family of four without any kids it met our needs. We were able to place a double blow up mattress without any problem.

The bathroom itself is small, but the water pressure on the shower is excellent. Ran into plumbing issues with the toiletry but it was resolved quickly by management. The vanity area is spacious with a refrigerator and microwave. Perfect for leftovers!

The beds were comfortable to a certain degree, and the air conditioning worked like wonders, at one point a member of my party was actually cold! And it was about 95 out during my stay.

The park is in walking distance to the Disneyland Resort, it took me about 20 minutes from my door to the gate. A word of advice, the Monorail stops at Downtown Disney, once you have your tickets, you can catch the monorail to Tomorrow Land instead of walking all the way to the gate. The tram to the park is a bit slow at times and you need to arrive a bit early as they do fill up.

The continental breakfast was superb, they offered crisp apples, cereal (cherios and corn flakes) and a selection of sweet rolls, breads, and drinks. It does get crowded so allow a few minutes extra for breakfast.

We ran into one problem when we found a large bug crawling in our room, the staff took care of it promptly and we had no further problems, nothing that would make us not stay there again.

I would recommend this hotel for the traveler who would not spend that much time in the room, and who is watching their finances.

Response to "Horrible Experience"

My experience at Stovall's was exactly what I expected. It was a budget motel, not a resort. I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. When I made my reservation, the man on the phone was nice and accomodating. The room was a motel room, just like any other motel room I've stayed in. It was not the motel staff's fault that this patron had broken his or her back. If he or she wanted special treatment, he or she should have paid a little more and stayed in an upscale hotel. As for demanding that the staff lug his or her bags around. That is not their job or their problem. I think you can tell what kind of person this is just by reading the comments. An unpleasant malcontent that thinks he or she is owed something. We have all met someone who enjoys playing the victim.
Trust me, Stovall's is just fine if you are on a budget. It's conveniently located and the service is just fine.

Customer service to be commended!

Before our trip I had checked out the reviews and was a little skeptical about a few things and really concerned about the comments on customer service. We were going to be using gift card for the first two nights and Best Western points for the last two nights. I was a little nervous about how this would be received but to my surprise it was not a problem even though they had their work cut out for them sorting it out with Best Western International. The room was quite as I had expected, your basic budget motel room with no frills but comfortable none the less. The A.R.T. picked us up and dropped us off right in front of the motel which is a definite bonus if you are lugging tired children after hours of walking at Disneyland. The pool area was nice except for the kiddie pool which was not cleaned during the days we were there. For the most part we were happy with our stay and felt good about the way we were treated!!

Great for the price

My family and I stayed at the hotel in May of 2005. I was a bit leary due to some of the reviews but all went very good. The hotel has a continental breakfast everyday. The food consisted of muffins, danishes, toast, cereal, coffee, tea, juice or milk. Some of the hotels we have stayed at boasted about the breakfast but when you got there the food was all gone - not here. There was always plenty.

The room was nicely appointed with 2 queen beds, airconditioning, and a sink in the main room. The bathroom was a bit small but how much room do you really need?

The kids enjoyed the pools. One is heated and the other is not. The were in both of them equally. There are also 2 hot tubs!

Getting to Disney was about a 10 minute walk, Downtown Disney is a 5 minute walk. We just walked down Katella and cut through the Paradise Hotel.

A very good stay and we would all stay there again.

Receptionist was having a bad night

by TripAdvisor Member LindaSeattle

The motel itself was fine - clean room, although the air conditioner did not work and when it tried to kick on, sounded like a jet taking off. Parking is well located (and free!) Continental Breakfast was a nice touch.
However, when I checked in, the receptionist basically snarled at me and THREW my credit card/drivers license on the desk in front of me. Eeeek.
Great place for a family to stay.

Not perfect, but not bad

The Stovalls is not a bad hotel and it is also not a 4 star hotel. It was somewhere in the middle. The rooms are large, which is a plus on a long stay. Our room was always cleaned by 12:00 each day when we returned for lunch. We were not woken-up by excessive noise or maids arriving early. The front desk was not exceedingly friendly, but nor were they rude. The continental breakfast was not all that great, but there was plenty of food and a wide range of options. The rooms themeselves could do with some updating; The carpet was coming away from the walls and hanging to expose the cable cords running beneath, the airconditioners were very loud and old (but worked well), and our room was missing the refrigerator we were promised. The wardrobe and tables were newer and looked nice, but overall the room had an outdated look.

For the small amount of time we spent in our room, this room was a good economical choice. It was clean and adequate, but was not anything plush or deluxe. So, if you are looking to spend a lot of time at the parks and save money on accomodations, then this hotel is a good choice.

Not worth your money

Hotel was not at all in location I had expected. This hotel sits at the very end of Disneyland Dr. and Katella. Therefore, you must walk all the way down Disneyland Dr. and then through Downtown Disney to even get into the parks. It is a good 20 to 30 minute walk depending on how tired you are. The hotel is not a hotel, but a motel. The doors are all on the outside (had a large gap at the bottom) and is extremely small inside (barely enough room to walk around beds) and there was never enough parking. Parking shared with near by restaurant. The air conditioner was a wall unit and the insulation was hanging from it so there was an inch gap peaking to the outside. The room was not the cleanest that I have seen (sticky stuff on the table and needed vaccumed). The breakfast was exactly the same thing every day (toast, muffins, cereal and fruit). Not even a variation of the muffins. Now, what I would call most important, the staff at the hotel was ice cold, not one friendly smile or good morning and this goes double for the ladies who ran the breakfast. Overall I was very disappointed and will never stay at this hotel again.

Reasonable Place to stay at Disneyland

by TripAdvisor Member tbattson

When I originally booked this hotel, I thought it was a half of block from the Disneyland Hotel Monerail station. Either my memory didn't serve me correctly or they changed locations. This hotel is located at the southwest corner of Katella and West Ave. It is a couple of blocks up to the monerail station. We stayed for three nights. The rooms were of decent size with comfortable beds. The bathroom was on the small size with no fan. There was a pool and jacuzzi but we spent our time at Disneyland so never even saw their location. I was surprised as to how quiet the hotel was. We weren't woken up in the morning by outside noises. The one downside was the "continental" breakfast. As far as I was concerned, it was bare minimum. Coffee, rolls and muffins, cold cereal, apples and oranges. Orange juice, lemonade and lowfat milk were the other drinks available. Breakfast was served in a lounge of good size with tables of four set up. When I called for reservations, they said they were full for the weekend I requested but was able to get $10 off for the same weekend when I booked it through Expedia.
This hotel is on the opposite side of Disneyland so it isn't on mote/hotel row on Harbor Blvd. Parking was free with plenty of spaces....we even had two cars there for 3 days. All in all, Best Western quality was there and we felt safe along with getting a good night's sleep each night.

OK

This hotel is pretty average. The rooms aren't exactly luxury and aren't quite as nice as I expected from the photos. Mostly what I didn't like about the rooms was how dim they were, as I'm a pretty cheerful person. No problems, though. The beds were pretty average, but the room was cleaned well. My biggest problem with this hotel was the other noisy people that stayed there. There were many loud middle-aged people that woke me up in the morning when they were just standing around, loudly gabbing in the hallway. When I went down to breakfast,which was pretty good, Spongebob was on the TV and there were many loud chidren in the room. On a positive note, I do not think the walk to Disneyland was as far as many other reviewers are saying. It seemed relatively close to me, but I can see that it might be hard for some children that are too big for a stroller, but too little to walk a ways.Anyways, all in all I probably would not stay here again.

MuzeoMuzeo

JumpingTwins, April 3, 2010, Disneyland CaliforniaJumpingTwins, April 3, 2010, Disneyland California

stupid friendstupid friend

the stationthe station

Friday - Outings

by COMEONDOWN

Does anyone know if they still have drive-in movies here at Anaheim - or within 20 miles of Orange County. It's my wife's birthday (on Nov. 17)and would like to take her out AFTER OUR FAMILY dinner. Or would anyone know of a good suspence movie although we need to see the latest show...or any recommendable thing in the evening after ten p.m. to just take her out without spending a lot of money. Thanks pal!

RE: Friday - Outings

by southofla

As far as I know there are no drive-in's left in OC. I beleive that there is still one in LA in the City of Industry but from what I know of that area it is not the best place to be in at night.

Form movies your best bet would be either Downtown Disney or The Block of Orange. These theaters will have a wide range of movies as well as later showings.

RE: RE: Friday - Outings

by Jokerit_pl

There are a couple of drive-in theatres in Riverside. The closest would be Van Buren Drive-In which is about 40 minutes drive (no traffic) from Anaheim, on the 91 East freeway and Van Buren (just past 15 freeway). A friend of mine recently took his family there because he missed seeing movies at a drive-in and had a great time.

The last OC drive-in theatre, near the 5 freeway and State College Blvd. closed about 5 years ago. I believe there are still a couple buildings remaining on the property today, but they will eventually be razed to make way for a condo complex.

Comments