1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

• Great place to stay

Seriously this place was so pefect
    continental breakfast
    close enough to walk to disneyland (they also had a shuttle)
    pretty/large rooms
    next time I go back to disneyland that is where I will be staying.

Unique Quality: I went with my 2 best friends and family spring break 2006
    we stayed there because of the breakfast which was mighty tasty and saved a lot of money since in that area each meal is no less that $10 a person and with 7 people traveling it all adds up

More about Candy Cane Inn

Candy Cane Inn

We have been watching your reviews of the Candy Cane Inn in Anaheim, Ca. Most of the reviews were good and we decided to stay at the hotel (week of June 9 for 4 nights). Our stay was pleasant, the room was clean. We choose a room on the upper floor accross from the pool. The room was always clean when we returned from our day at Disneyland. (our previous trip we stayed at the Anabella and it was like pulling teeth to get your room made up). We choose this hotel because of the location to Disneyland - close enough to walk but the shuttle was nice at the end of the day. There is a little market next door which was great for snacks - our room had a little fridge so we stocked up on water, fruit etc. The continental breakfast was adequate, it beat having to rush out in the morning to feed the little ones. (Breakfast was fruit, muffins, toast, bagels, coffee, tea, hotchocolate, juices, cereals etc.) The rooms had everying you needed, not lavish by anymeans - maybe a little on the small side but after a long day at Disney what else to you need but a comfy bed. Drawer space was a little bit limited but for a couple of days it was fine. We found the staff pleasant and helpfull - again nothing like the Anabella. Overall the hotel was good, quiet at night and clean, we would stay her again.

Candy Cane Inn, Great Place To Stay

Candy cane inn was a really great place to stay, clean, spacious, and the staff was really friendly. The only drawback to the stay was the kids who's parents thought it was perfectly acceptable for them to run up and down in front of the doorways, very annoying, when resting from the trip to disneyland! But overall, the hotel was great, just what we had expected after reading the great reviews on this site. Our stay was in April of 2003.

Loved it, would stay again!

I would recommend the Candy Cane Inn to any family wanting to stay near Disneyland! It was so easy to walk to the park. The breakfast was adequate. It was not a fabulous spread, but it was good! The rooms were tastefully decorated, with plantation shutters on windows. The landscaping was beautiful. The staff was friendly and helpful! We ate lunch in the park every day at lunch and then went to the grocery store and got groceries for sandwiches and cheese and crackers and veggies. There was a fridge in the room that made it very easy to do that. We paid approx $82 a night for a room with 2 queen beds. There's a laundry on site, which was helpful after being on vaca for a week. There was a lot of people trying to get breakfast all at once, though, so get there early for a table! Fabulous location, would stay there again!

Don't stay here

I read all the reviews on tripadvisor and based my decision to stay at the Candy Cane Inn because they were all positive. However, the reviews were so different from my experience (stayed 3 nights in April 2003). The exterior of the Inn was cute and well kept up but the interior of the room was a different story. We stayed in the "premium" room which was supposed to be much larger than the standard room but it was still small. The interior badly needed a face lift. The paint was peeling, the carpet was stained and filthy, and the walls were cracking. The room was not very clean. To give you an idea, we asked the maid how many rooms she had to clean a day and she said 50!. That's 10 minutes or less per room. Can't clean much in 10 minutes. By the end of the day, your socks were brown from the dirt on the floor. The service was also lacking. I was not greeted with a hello or smile and they did not even thank me for staying when I checked out. He just asked me for my credit card and gave me the bill. We visit Anaheim and Disneyland several times a year and I will NEVER stay here again and I recommend you don't either.

Great Time

Having just spent 9 days at the Candy Cane i thought it only fair to express our thoughts of the hotel. The setting is lovely, staff very helpfull and friendly and the rooms are very nice well worth a visit.

Great value, service and location

The Candy Cane is a great value hotel. We stayed in April 2003, rooms were more than adequate and immaculately maintained. The central area houses the reception, small swimming pool and hot tub. The pools themselves were very clean and well maintained. An ample free continental breakfast is served alongside the pool each morning. The hotel runs its own shuttle bus to Disney (5 mins). Although its only a 10-minute walk to the gates it did help knowing the shuttle was there at the end of a long day around the parks.The location was great as it meant we could hit the parks early before the crowds and then laze around the pool in the afternoon before returning for the evening thrills and shows. There is a 7 - 11 right next door and plenty of chain-restaurants within easy walking distance.We would certainly use this hotel again.

it meet all our expectations

were do i start everything was great. they let us check into our room at 8:00am. we had a deluxe room and was told they did not have mircowaves, but when we check in i was pleasantly surprised to find one in our room. the hotel was beautiful, it smelled wonderful. the rooms were standard size, and the bed were so comfortable. the room looks just like the picture on the website. it's a short walk to disneyland, although they had a shuttle we only used it once and we had a two year old with us. we plan on coming back to the candy cane in aug. but this time we are going to go with the prem.room. we saw the breakfast being delivered to the rooms and were a little jealous. we won't stay anywhere else we loved it.

Nothing more than a grotty motel

I do not know where all these excellent reviews are coming from, but all I can say; if you expect top quality, clean accommodation do not stay at the Candy Can InnI would not recommend it to anyone! I chose it after reading all the rave reviews on Trip Advisorbig mistake! Quite simply, we were going to be charged $122 per night for nothing more than a grotty motel. On arrival, the reception staff were cold and unhelpful. When we opened the door to the room it absolutely stank of vomit disguised by disinfectant, it was disgusting. We asked to be moved to another room, which was no better. The accommodation is shabby and basic. We decided to leave immediately. Management were rude and insisted that they were still going to charge us for one night!

Nice but not as great as many claim

This is a nice, but not great, place to stay. For the price, it's a good deal. You can't beat the location. The grounds are nicely landscaped and our room was very clean with some nice appointments. But I found the room to be on the small side, especially for a family with 2 young children. The pool area was also small (we were lucky to find a place to sit) and the complimentary breakfast is a free-for-all (we had to eat standing up the one morning we chose to eat by the pool). If you're going to stay here, definitely choose the "premium" package. The option to have breakfast delivered to your room is worth it alone and the nightly turn-down service is nice to come home to. The front desk staff were pleasant but don't rely on them to make dinner reservations for you with any accuracy. Overall, I'd consider staying here again just for the location alone . . . or go back to the Homewood Suites which is better suited for a family of 4.

Candy Cane Inn -- worth the extra $$$

by cmillard

Hello:

My husband and I are planning a trip to Disneyland (we have been there a couple of times before). I have stayed at a few of the hotels, including Howard Johnson's, and last time at the Carousel Inn, both of which were very convenient. I have always wanted to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The reviews on trip advisor are excellent and it looks very pretty and offers a lovely breakfast. It is a little more expensive than the other hotels near Disneyland, so my question is? If anyone has stayed there, what was it like, and is it worth the extra money compared to a hotel like the Carousel Inn? We are going with friends who have never been to California before, so I want to make sure they have a nice hotel. Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,
Carol.

RE: Candy Cane Inn -- worth the extra $$$

by ltt

how much more per night?

RE: Candy Cane Inn -- worth the extra $$$

by cmillard

Hey:

If I book on line, the Candy Cane Inn is $107 for a standard room
and $117 for a premium room.

A deluxe room at the Carousel is $89 on line.

So, I guess it's about $20 a night more than the Carousel. I did notice that there are very few bad reviews of the Candy Cane Inn on trip advisor.

Carol.