1734 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Castle Inn and Suites

The Castle Inn and Suites.

by binnie about The Castle Inn and Suites.

Extra Spacious rooms. We only had the standard room as well.
Small swimming pool. But one day we had it to ourselves.
Near to all restaurants and shops, all within easy walking distance.

there are two hotels that...

by spiritchild

there are two hotels that deserve recogition in a truthfull way, magic castle inn and suites, and the slumberland hotel just off the greyhound highway going into colorado springs heading east.
well, offseason its 24$ at one of them and at peak, you will spend about 32$ max. hotel in las vegas area is designed like 1950 type hotel, but with a slightly updated look. pretty much everything, place is kept really nice, and management is always willing to help in terms of direction and city assistance.

Had a nice stay

I stayed at the Castle Inn and Suites with my two nieces October 31, 2004 - November 5, 2004. The room was clean and had enough room for the 3 of us. It was a little farther walk than I had expected, but was not a problem. There was no cont brkfst which would have been nice for my nieces. I got the room for a great rate, $40, including taxes so for the price it was great, would not pay the published rate of $89 and higher though.

Awful--never again

I stayed in the Castle Inn for a little under a week. Had every other hotel in the area not been booked, I would have switched to another hotel immediately. The rooms spelled horrible. The refridgerators did not work, nor did the microwaves. Our rooms were not cleaned on a consistent basis. I requested a crib for my son both during the booking process and when I checked in, but never received a crib. On top of it, they charged me for the crib I never received. I will never stay in this hotel again. If someone offered me money to stay in this hotel again, I would refuse them in a second. Horrible!

Better, cheaper than Disneyland

We go to Disneyland every other year and have always stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. Last time we went, Disneyland Hotel prices had gone up and service was indifferent to downright bad (they lost my husband's Fed-Ex package, plus they nickel and dime you to death on everything -- like no coffee in the rooms to get you to spend even more than their exorbitant prices) so we switched to Castle Inn this time around. What a great choice! For less than half the price, we got a large, comfortable room with great access to the park. Save your money and stay off-site!

....almost ruined our holiday

We had been booked at the Castle Inn for @ 6 weeks before we arrived. About one week before we arrived, a friend had shown me the Trip Advisor website and almost every review was below 3 or 2, with terrible comments. These comments were all alike (dirty carpets, smelly, noisy, run-down, dirty,etc) and so I panicked and tried very hard to upgrade to a better motel/hotel, but was unable as none were available on such short notice. So... we went to the Castle Inn. My husband and I, knowing we did not have much of a choice, tried mightily to keep an open mind for our kids sake and our holiday. We were not going to let it ruin our holiday.
When the tap in the shower wouldn't stop running (even after we asked them to fix it) all night, when our socks 'stuck' to the carpet (not just got dirty); when the garbage smelled outside; when the garbage truck came by at 6 am (it sounded like it was in our room); when we were told there was no shuttle because it was 'too close to Disneyland' (and yet the motel across the street went every 1/2 hour); when the smell in the room did not dissipate despite my own air freshener; when we discovered more than a few cigarette burns in the bedspreads and ultimately.. when the ceiling leaked a brown smelly slimy fluid onto the floor on our second morning, we called it quits. We were fortunate enough to find a room across the street at that motel with the shuttle, continental breakfast and none of the above mentioned problems and left in 1/2 hour after the leaky ceiling incident. If we were to say anything positive about the Castle Inn, it would be that one out of the six reception staff we met were not preoccupied with personal calls or rude. The price is not that cheap for what you get and definitely not worth the hassle or headache as the motel across the street was not much more money and the Taj Mahal in comparison. The Castle Inn almost ruined our holiday, but we did not let it. I hope that there are travel agents out there who have some scruples and heed these reviews on Travel Advisor, because they are not at all far fetched. We will be ensuring that no one we know will stay there.

tired hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Alan420

I guess you get what you pay for! This hotel is close to the Disney main gates but it sure suffers from a lack of upgrading. It is in dire need of carpet, paint, soundproofing and general maintenance. The cleaning staff try their best to keep the place clean but it looks like it hasn't been painted in many years. The carpets definitley need replacing as they are filthy. Bassically don't walk around your room with white socks on they'll be black fairly quickly. In fact the carpets have kind of a greasy feel to them. We supposedly had a suite with a kitchenette in it. The ktichenette consisted of a bar fridge and an old microwave. I wouldn't recommend this as a place to stay.

Name is deceiving.

I stayed here recently (Aug. 11-13, 2004). From the pictures I saw and the name I thought this would have been a pretty nice place to stay at a reasonable rate. Being my first trip ever to Disneyland I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was fairly close to the parks but the rooms were just horrible. You really could not walk around barefoot and I didn't even want to sit on the toilet. Maybe next time I'll look up the hotels on trip advisor for reviews before I visit again.

Very Satisfied

I won a trip for the family and didn't have a choice where I stayed. Our stay was on the week of September 20/04. I started to read the reviews and were a bit concerned with some of the bad reviews. When we got there, we were pleasantly surprise and thought the was very clean. Our stay was great and would recommend this hotel to anybody. They had a pool and a hot tub which was great for the whole family. It was also so close to Disneyland that we didn't have to worry about buses.

I would definately go back there.

Taxi?

by mumstheword

I am taking my son to disneyland coming from the UK. I can't drive and its just the two of us. I have decided to take a shuttle from and to LAX and our hotel, and a tour bus when we go to studios /hollywood. On the first night of our stay I have booked tickets only to medieval times @ the castle in Buena park, and we will be trying to make our way from disneyland. Can we get a taxi from Disneyland? and back to our hotel after? How much is this likely to cost? Do we have to call a cab, or are they waiting, or to be flagged?

Sorry, its our first time from England and not sure what to expect.

ps. Is the castle inn really a cockroach hotel? Only read reviews after booking!

thanks in advance :-)

RE: Taxi?

by YVRDave

If you have booked directly with Disney Vacations, transfers are included. If not transfers are available from them.
Have a great time

RE: Taxi?

by yvr

If you haven't booked with Disney Vacations, which my good friend Dave has mentioned, then yes, just have the front desk of your hotel call you a cab. You will have no problems getting to or from the Medievel Times, have a great holiday

RE: RE: Taxi?

by mumstheword

Thanks for your replies. I didn't book the medieval meal with disney vacations. I booked directly from the medieval times website, which didn't include transport. It did have a deal on upgrading to a royal pass tho, so I took it. I figured if the castle is in Anaheim it couldn't be too difficult to make our own way. Should I be able to get a taxi direct from the park? In case we get carried away at disneyland and don't make it back to the hotel beforehand. :-) Any idea how much a taxi should cost? I have visions of being driven around the long way and being taken for a ride in more ways than one...?

Thanks again for your replies- and sorry for all the questions- we're just so excited and want everything to run smoothly when we're there.

RE: RE: Taxi?

by yvr

Here are simple directions for the taxi driver to follow.

North on South Harbor Blvd
West on Ball Road
South on Beach Blvd.

There are other ways also to go, via the Freeway etc. but these are straight forward simple directions, that any taxi driver should understand.

Comments