Clarion Anaheim Resort

Costs 52% more and rated 13% lower than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Clarion Anaheim Resort

A Good Hotel to stay at.

by TripAdvisor Member dcbaxley

I am giving this hotel an above average rating. It was by my standards average...however compared to some of the hotels I've stayed at lately it is above average. It was a very nice room with plenty of space for a family of four. We found the couch that made into a twin bed very useful. The room was very clean as was the bathroom and linens. I had no problem taking a shower (worring about touching moldy walls) because it was very clean. The only problem with the shower was the water temperature radically changing on me. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had taken off my wedding ring to put on sunscreen and put it on the bed. I didn't notice until we were done eating breakfast. We ran to the room hopeing that housekeeping hadn't come yet. When we got to the room she was there and had all ready changed the bedding. She saw the look of fear on my face, and handed me my ring with a smile. I was so grateful. She didn't speak English but she knew that I was very grateful. The pool area was clean and the kids had a blast there. The only complaint I have is the resturaunt. It was over priced and the food was simply below average. As for everything else we had a great time with no complaints!

a fine hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mgdog

We stayed 4 nights through Alaska Air Vacations and I thought the Clarion was great. The pool was warm and adequately large. The staff was helpful. The rooms were clean with fridge/micro. The only downside is the distance to the park (at least a 15 minute brisk walk) - I don't recommend the Anaheim bus. What a circus! We could see the tops of the fireworks from our room on the 9th floor. It was also very quiet up there! No complaints.

NOT HAPPY

by TripAdvisor Member peanutty1

We stayed at this hotel over the July 4th weekend for 4 nights/5 days. Upon checking in, they only gave us 1 key (and there were 4 of us). They told us to come back the next day for more keys. On Saturday night we were leaving around 7 PM to go have dinner when we find that there were a line of cars double parked – leaving us trapped in our parking spot. Now we’re paying $10 per day to park here on top of paying for our room – you’d think we’d be able to move freely with our car, right? Nope. There were so many conventions going on that same weekend on top of families taking their children to Disneyland that EVERY WHERE you looked, there were cars – doubled parked…even in front of the lobby were a line of cars!! This is against regulation and the hotel could be fined heavily for this. In any case, I walked over to the counter that read “Guest Services”. That means they help service guests, right? NOPE. When I told them our situation, the guy standing there looked at me completely dazed and confused. Then he told me he couldn’t help me. I pointed to the sign and said, “Um, does this not say Guest Services?” He says, “Yup. But we’re actually the bell desk.”

So I went over to the front desk and the ONLY person who was helpful was the Manager on Duty that night, named Nancy Phan. She was very apologetic and offered to pay for our cab ride to and from whatever restaurant we wanted to dine at. She also said she would comp our parking fees for the rest of our stay. THIS was the ONLY time that anyone was helpful. And we thank Nancy for being so accommodating and professional.

The next few nights we ALWAYS had problems getting out – cars were not only double parked but now were triple parked behind our cars. When we went to complain again the 2nd AND 3rd night, there were 2 male front desk agents…one of which was Hispanic and did not acknowledge the fact that we were even standing at the counter – he continuously looked down and pretended he was working on some paperwork – we got frustrated and walked around to the other side of the counter where there was an Asian man who barely listened to our situation – instead, kept cutting us off and telling us to be a little more patient. He told us that his car was stuck, too and we weren’t the only ones. Who cares if he was stuck, too? He’s WORKING! He’s not going anywhere! He never ONCE apologized for the inconvenience, instead kept telling ME to be patient and that we “weren’t the only ones”. Then he told me that if I waited until after 11 PM then all the cars would be cleared – so basically he wanted us to go eat dinner AFTER 11 PM??? On top of that, he goes on to tell us that it’s not their fault that they are over parked – that families checking in are bringing in 3 or 4 cars each – Are you kidding me??? Needless to say that was very frustrating for us.

The rooms itself weren’t too bad. Not luxurious in any way. Our room had two double beds and a pull-out couch. The pull out had no bed sheets – only a mattress. When we called Housekeeping, no one ever came up by the time we were already passed out in bed. So instead we pulled a bed sheet from one of the beds and put it on the pull-out. The shower head was falling out of the wall – so we were afraid that the shower head would fall out on us while we were showering. They had a defective alarm clock that would continuously set off at all hours of the night/morning. After the 2nd night, we finally unplugged the clock (and yes, we checked to make sure the alarm wasn’t set to “on”). The room never got cool enough – and when we came into the room the 1st night – it was so hot because the air wasn’t even on in the first place.

This place wasn’t worth the money that we spent and the customer service was horrible. Everyone at the front desk (with the exception of Nancy) was horrible and could care less about their job or their guests. Stay at the Marriot or the Hilton next door to them.

Getting Old But Still Clean

by TripAdvisor Member Fallguy0007

Second time in a year staying here. Still a great deal if you have any choice privileges points racked up (only 8,000 a nite). Book approx 30 days in advance if you are using points they may only award so many rooms on points and you will not likely be able to use points if you wait longer, can book further than 30 days out on points though via internet.

Older hotel but cleaning staff is still keeping up well. This motel will be headed for a downgrade if they ever slack off on cleaning but all is well for now.

No extras, No free breakfast or internet, but you are relatively close to Disney. Solid 15 minute walk to disney. Use the streetcar trolley if you have small children.

If you are paying $$ work a deal and you should be ok. Better than most hotels in area but dont expext it to be the Hilton.

Whats the fuss??

by TripAdvisor Member Beckybaker1982

We stayed in the Clarion at the beginning of June this year for 3nights and before arriving we were worried what to expect but we didnt need to. Upon arriving to the hotel after a 12hour flight from england and then a 2hr journey from the airport (i have never seen so much traffic in my life!) i was ready to put my feet up and found our room to be very large and even had a balcony! The room was very clean and had a big bathroom. The staff were very helpful in directing us to Disney (which we could have found on our own really) and gave us tips of where to eat and have a quiet drink.
My time at the hotel was great, especially as it was my first time to America and didnt know what to expect! The only problem we encountered was when we asked for help in how to get to Santa Monica from our location they could only offer a taxi which was $100 - we begrudingly had to pay this but were pleasntly suprised when the taxi arrived and found it to be a beautiful BMW with leather seats, air con and magazines for the journey!
if staying with young children and are planning on visiting disney on foot i wouldnt stay here as its a little far to walk and i couldnt imagine doing it with a pushchair or children! but if you want budget accomodation and dont mind a little walk the Clarion is perfect!

No frills and somewhat dated

by TripAdvisor Member Kaytgar

We stayed at this hotel as part of a package deal after being on a cruise ship from Vancouver to Los Angeles. The hotel itself is dated. The rooms are clean, however, if you are looking for something modern and upbeat, you've come to the wrong place. The desk staff and staff looking after tourist info/excursions don't seem terribly interested in providing information and more than once we were given incorrect information concerning shuttle bus pick up locations, schedules, etc. The shuttle bus doesn't pick up at this hotel, so you have to go to the hotel next door. (not sure why because the bus schedule does say otherwise). In any case, had I not been doing a package deal, I would NOT have chosen this hotel.

Great Stay @ Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kymbo62

My Son and I stayed here from 17th September for 7 nights.

I found the hotel staff very helpful especially the concierge who gave great tips on how to get where we wanted to go.

Used the ART bus most days, only walked once to Disneyland and it was a long way.

The room was cleaned well everyday.

Also ate breakfast and dinner twice at the hotel and no complaints.

Would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Fine, but beware the restaurant

I agree with the reviews that the Clarion is adequate, clean, but somewhat dated. Hotel service was acceptable. They initially made a mistake with a the dates of our reservation, but promptly corrected it when we called to confirm. They accommodated our request for connecting rooms with another family who joined us in a 5-day trip to Disneyland. Rooms are decently sized.

The location was quite good. It took our families (with children ages 4 and 7) 15-20 minutes to walk from the hotel to the main entrance to Disneyland -- about 4 to 5 city blocks. We never bothered with the Anaheim shutte bus.

I would have given the Clairion an above-average rating except for our experience with dinner at the restaurant on the first night. Although, the kids "ate free" the overall bill for four adult dinners was excessively expensive and food quality was poor. They had a decent micro-brewed beer available on tap. If you eat there, stick with basic menu items.

Service at the restaurant was uninspired and our server failed to advise us of the included gratuity. So we tipped on top of the excessive service charge. We did not return to that restaurant again. For the price of the hotel dinner, can eat better in the restaurants in the Disney parks (but don't expect any bargains).

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member jolly.rancher.2

Before we left for our trip, i read the reviews people were leaving/had left on this site. I was really concerned because it seemed as though everyone had poor to moderate experiences with this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with our stay.

We didn't have to pay for parking since we booked through Alaska airlines Vacations. So that was no worry. And we never got blocked in either. The lobby was nice, the restraunts were satisfactory, and the staff was FABULOUS. The rooms are average moderate rooms. We had a fridge and micro which was great. The bathrooms are quite small, so that bothered me. And there was no hot tub which I was bummed about. But the pool was clean and heated and we used it quite a bit. We were at this hotel for 8 days with no problems. I would stay again.

Cut Above the Rest

by TripAdvisor Member joolCanada

February 10- February 17, 2007

I booked this hotel as part of an Alaskan Airlines Vacation package. to Disneyland. It is an older hotel with excellent sound proofing, something that I was looking for with a 2 year old.
There were 4 adults and 1 child of 2 sharing a large family suite. We were pleasantly surprised. Beds were adequate, 2 doubles and 1 double sleeper sofa. The room was spacious with 2 small fridges and a microwave. Bathroom was large and could accommodate a wheelchair.

The front desk was helpful and did there best to accommodate your needs. Rooms were clean, maid service excellent. The pool was a also cleaned daily and easily accessible from first floor.

You can walk to Disneyland quite easily from here. With my child in the stroller it took 15 minutes. When she wanted to walk , it took 25 minutes. Quicker to walk than to take the tram and much healthier.

We had an early evening flight so we were able to leave our suitcases with guest services after checkout. They are kept in a secure room until you retrieve them.

We would definitely stay here again, as it is excellent value considering the posted rates.

Satisfied Clarion customer, BC. Canada