Courtyard By Marriott Anaheim

Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim at Disneyland Resort
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Courtyard By Marriott Anaheim

Family suite is nice touch, not bad overall

by TripAdvisor Member jlee2008

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Disneyland resort. There are a few Courtyards in or near Anaheim. This it he closest one to Disneyland, about a mile away.

Pros:
-- family suite with two rooms, two TVs, and bunkbeds (and sofabed) was ideal for our family of five; also had two comfortable queens in the main room
-- beds are very comfortable (as with most or all Courtyards)
-- free wired and wireless internet (I appreciate the Ethernet connection)
-- staff is friendly
-- on-site laundry, pool, etc. nothing special but all there
-- very clean and nice lobby area and restaurant

Cons:
-- no cell phone service for Verizon except outside (my daughter's AT&T cell phone worked fine)
-- not that close to Disneyland, 1 mile (to long to walk after a long day at Disneyland)
-- no room service or lunch service or bellman service (typical of most Courtyards)
-- no shuttle, you have to take a short walk to the nearby Marriott and pay for a shuttle there (not expensive)
-- needed to do a late night run for food and drinks, but the directions handout provided by the front desk had WRONG directions to the 24 hour Walgreens
-- $9 per night for parking, why? there were many spots available

Price was $220 for the family suite, during Spring Break.

No free breakfast (like at Embassy Suites). Next time I might stay at Embassy Suites which is further from Disneyland, but htis Courtyard is not so close that it makes a difference. If you buy tickets for Disneyland through AAA, you get free parking at Disneyland anyway.

Overall, this hotel is fine, above average. I like Courtyards. But next time, I might stay at the Fairfield (also part of Marriott chain) which is cheaper, has good reviews, and is right across from Disneyland, or the Embassy Suites which has free breakfast.

Decent Hotel for a Large Family, Could Use Some Improvements

by TripAdvisor Member jnau

My favorite part about this hotel was the children's suite. There was a bunkbed in a separate room that stayed nice and dark and seemed to block sound nicely for my 5 and 8 year old. However, there is not a shuttle directly to Disneyland and it ended up being a long walk for the little ones. We did discover it was only around $6 for a taxi each way, which we ended up doing. The hotel offered a shuttle for $3 per adult from their nearby Marriott, which was a bit of a hike and ended up being more expensive than the taxis. Either there were a ton of rude families staying this week or the walls are paper thin. I could not believe how loud it was in the mornings! But on another plus side, the beds were really nice/comfortable and there were two t.v.s - one in the children's room and one in the main room. The panini restraunt on the property was really tastey but the continential breakfast was a total rip off - way too expensive for not a whole lot of choices. The sink was located in the bathroom, which was a pain with four adults sharing the room. I would recommend anyone staying in Anaheim for Disneyland stay in one of the hotels across the street from the park or spend the extra money to stay right in one of the Disney hotels.

Great Hotel, and not too far from Disneyland

by TripAdvisor Member dfirebug

This was our third trip to Disneyland in the last six years, and was by far the best hotel that we have stayed at in Anaheim. This is Marriott's newest hotel in the area, and I was amazed how clean it was even after one year of being open. The rooms are nicely decorated, and just right in size for a family of four. Some people have complained about size, but let's face it are you really at Disneyland to stay in your room? The staff was very friendly and helpful, even helping to arrange medical care for my wife who became ill during our trip. The pool was nice sized, and heated just right. The bar serves drinks outside to help unwind after navigating through the awful crowds at the Magic Kingdom. One word of caution, the hotel's website states "2 blocks from Disneyland." Keep in mind that the blocks in Anaheim are extremely long, and the two blocks is from the edge of the Disney property, not the entrance gate. It is not a comfortable walk. The Anaheim resort Transit is a good deal, purchase an unlimited pass at the front desk. The bus picks up and drops off at the adjacent Marriott hotel, and is not a bad walk at all. We booked our trip through AAA, and they offer free parking at the hotel to AAA members. I don't have a single complaint.

Not again!!! Look for better places to stay with more to offer

by TripAdvisor Member SLOmary

Just got back had to stay at this motel for a cheerleading competition. The team had to stay together. There are better places to stay that offer free continental breakfast, free shuttle to disneyland, and free parking. This place charges $9.00 a day to park your car there. What a joke. They also tried to charge us for more cars and parking than we had. Also tried to charge for full breakfast. I would say watch your bill carefully. NO we wont stay there again. Terrible food also.

Great 5 night stay

by TripAdvisor Member upwardtech

I stayed here for 5 nights during a business trip and was very happy with everything. The property is very new so everything is extremely clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The pool area is very nice and I spent a lot of time there. The wireless internet access reaches the pool area, which allowed me to do some work outside. Although I only ate breakfast in the restaurant, it was very good and the service was excellent. The bar area is great and looks out to the pool. I reserved a king room with sofa and it was perfect for me. The property is in a wonderful location, along a divided boulevard with wide sidewalks on both sides. There is a Ruth's Chris steakhouse on the property and many other restaurants within a mile. I would highly recommend the property to both business and leisure travelers. There were a good bit of families staying here as well as business people.

New, Very Clean Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member coffee_cake_224

I frequent Marriott hotel chains & decided to try this one since it’s new and new hotels are always nicer. This hotel is new, has 4 floors, non-smoking and is nice & cozy. I stayed here for 4 days in May.

I made my reservation directly on the hotel’s website for $95.20/night for 2 queen beds. I did see $89.50/night a couple of days earlier, but by the time I made my reservation the rate had changed.

The hotel is situated behind Ruth’s Steakhouse & it’s easy to miss it if you’re not paying attention the first time. Check-in was quick & pleasant. I asked for a quiet room & was given the top floor at the end of the hall. There’s 1 elevator per floor & sometimes it was slow.

There’s no Valet or Bellman however, there are big carts at the front door to help you haul your luggage to your room. Parking is $9/day (why?), other hotels I stayed at in Anaheim had free parking. You’re given a tag to hang on to your rear-view mirror your car doesn’t get towed.

There are 4 self-service washers & dryers next to the pool. It’s $1.75 for the washer & $1.50 for the dryer. You can buy a small box of Tide, Cheers laundry powder detergent for $1/box from the dispenser.

Remember to use the “bright colors” cycle if you have a large load when drying your clothes because it provides longer drying time (99 minutes) than other cycles (30 minutes). That way, you don’t have to keep checking if your clothes are dry & adding more money every 30 minutes. You can get change from the front desk.

Room had 2 comfortable queen beds, 2 desks (1 could be pulled out), 1 chair, 1 single-person couch seat, fridge, coffee maker & coffee. It looks like the picture posted on its website. The beds were comfortable, pillows were soft/ downfill feathery type. The closet is one of the smallest I’ve ever seen. Everything still looks new though.

The lobby has newspapers, Seattle’s best coffee & hot water for free in the lobby every morning. There’s a computer & printer with complimentary internet across from the front desk.

If you provided your email address when making a reservation on the hotel’s website, you’ll get an email confirmation of your reservation & a discount code when you rent a car with Hertz.

I used that discount code to rent a car with Hertz. The hotel is close to CVS Pharmacy, Albertson grocery store, restaurants. I had no problem getting around with a car.

If you have time on your hands, go to Anaheim’s largest flea market called Anaheim Market Place located on South Anaheim Blvd, less than 1/2 mile from Disneyland. It’s Orange County's largest indoor swap meet (flea market).

It’s open everyday from 10 am - 7pm & closed on Tuesdays. It has booths after booths of clothes, T-shirts, souvenirs, luggages, housewares, lingerie/underwear, 14K & silver jewelry, all kinds of knick-knacks. Most of the vendors are Mexican or Korean. I saw people bargained for some good deals.

In summary, the only negative points of this hotel were the $9/day parking charge & small closet space. Otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel. It’s new, very clean & situated in a convenient location.

Amazing Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Laurensh

My family and I stayed in a suite. There was plenty of room, and the place was spotless. The building itself is lovely and very well decorated. The staff were very sweet and kind, and the breakfast was to die for.

It made the Disneyland that much more magical. Awww.

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member belle777

We stayed at this hotel for two nights when we went to Disneyland back in March. Next time we go to Disneyland, I will definitely stay at a different hotel. It's not because the hotel is a dump or anything, it's far from that, it's actually quite nice. We just like big hotels with lots of dining options.

The hotel itself is really small, not very many rooms. I like big hotels with a nice pool and relaxing hot tub after a 14 hour day, a few descent restaurants (this one didn't have much to offer), a spa and a casino...just lots of stuff to do. This hotel is ideal if you are going to be waking up first thing in the morning at 7am and getting back at 10pm (not planning on spending a lot of time hanging around the hotel) and are eating out for all of your meals. There really isn't much to do in the hotel itself (not even a nice bar/pub to go to at night for drinks and appies), obviously it is really close to Disneyland, Knott's, Universal, etc which is a good thing. There is a tiny pool and hot tub. The rooms weren't anything spectacular. Beds were comfortable. The bathrooms on the other hand...I wasn't impressed. Our room was really clean so was the bathroom, I just didn't like the layout. The rooms are NOT soundproof either, there were about 100 cheer leaders staying at the hotel so you can imagine the noise echoing through the halls at night. As for dining options in the hotel there is not a good selection. There is one restaurant I believe and the food was very bland. We only ate two meals at the restaurant, breakfast and one dinner and that was only because we were too tired to go anywhere else. I was able to get on the computer once (there is only one) but it was hard because there forty high school cheerleaders who all wanted to check their email too. We went when it was the National Cheer Leading competition and it was so busy and loud at the hotel, I really didn't like all the noise. The staff is great. Very friendly and catering to every need.

I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. It isn't a bad hotel at all, it's a great value for your money and is really clean it just isn't the type of hotel we like to stay at. I would recommend it to family and friends, I just wouldn't want to stay there again.

No Longer A Marriott Fan

by TripAdvisor Member Mickeyone

I just returned from a stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Harbor Blvd. in Anaheim Ca June14th - 19th. I made my reservations back in Jan. of 08 and was told that I was booked for a Family Suite. My kids where happy to be getting their own area to sleep. Well when checking in I was told I was down for a reg. room with a sleeper sofa. I have stayed at this location many times in the past. I explained that I could have gotten the room for $129 for a reg. room when I made the reservation. Was told I was booked for a Family Suite at $159. The front desk told me that all the Family Suites where booked and that I could check out another Marriott in the area. Well all the other Marriott's where much more in price because we all know that making a reservation in advance gets you the best price. I was told that the reg. room was all that they could offer me. I have been in the Hotel business for many years and the front desk even the manager showed no compassion at all. I had to just take the room or risk having no where to stay. You have lost a good customer. I did notice that the Double Tree next door was very nice and had Suites. You live and learn. Show your customer that you care and not have to ask for front desk manager to come out several times???

Smells bad, Looks bad, Is bad!

by TripAdvisor Member bedford808

We booked this site through the Marriott reservation system. This was the 2nd 1/2 of our southern CA trip (SD then LA). We booked a kids suite for both sites (Double Tree in SD which was great!!!)however our expected room was not available when we arrived in LA and they had us registered for 1bd king (bad start!)

Because there were no other rooms available anywhere we had no choice. This hotel was smaller than expected, 4 floors but not a real problem.... The problem is when you walk in the smell of chlorine and wet molded carpets smell throughout the site, in the elevators and rooms. The quality was very disappointing!

The room has cheap linen and carpets, daily charge for parking (which seems to be the new standard...OK fine we're all living with that!). Also, we found lots of hair in our bed when we turned it down. I would not recommend unless you are just looking for a room to hold your stuff...

The staffs seem concerned but could do little to assist with relocation. We were told that we will be moved however if not we will leave this hotel. If you concerned about the air you are breathing don't stay here!

Comments