Del Sol Inn

1604 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Anaheim Del Sol Inn
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Misleading pictures on web site-Bad place to stay

The bright yellow rooms on their web site are now dark and the rooms smell bad. The "Family Suite" they advertise is just two adjoining rooms with a connecting door, no actual "Family Suite" exists. We booked a Family Suite six months in advance (for two parents, two kids and grandma), however, we were given two NON-adjoining rooms next to each other. When we complained we were told that adjoining rooms (aka the "Family Suites") was "a request, not a guarantee." We got little sympathy from each of the 3 desk clerks we spoke to. The old refrigerator in one room was so loud we had to unplug it. The heater/air conditioners were also very loud and not very efficient. The TV remote control needed to be replaced (batteries were fine, it just did not work). The outdoor pool was cold as was the hot tub. The money we saved staying at this very inexpensive motel was lost (and then some!) when my iPod classic I left in the room was replaced with a broken one. We filed an incident report but we are not holding our breath.
    Stay somewhere else.

Unique Quality: none

Directions: In back of Denny's

More about Del Sol Inn

Great place to stay

I just got back from a 5 day stay at the Del Sol Inn in Anaheim directly across from the entrance to Disneyland. I wanted to share with others that it is a very clean Inn and an excellent location. Everyone was very professional and I had a great stay. The price was extremely reasonable. Not a fancy room but very well maintained.

I will go back again in the future and will recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. The best place to stay for the money and location.

daughter developed allergies

We stayed at Del Sol Inn because it is very close to Disneyland. Soon after we entered the room, my 2.5 years old daughter started itching her body badly. By next morning she had rashes over her body and because of the itch, she even had bad scratches. We stayed there for 3 nights and my daughter was miserable. I felt it could be because of the carpet. It looked really dirty. Also, I saw 3-4 dead ants in the bath tub when we had checked in. I would never ever stay at this place again.

Great location, cheap accommodations

by TripAdvisor Member Yendor

We stayed at Del Sol Inn Feb 20-25, 2005, in room 218, just above the swimming pool area. In short, it's a great price for a great location if you're willing to put up with a couple of deficiencies, including:

- Slow dataport speeds (21-24kbps).
- No garbage bags provided in room.
- No extra toilet paper paper in room.
- No 'do-not-disturb' sign provided in room.
- Laundry room needs new light bulb.
- Inadequate bathroom ventilation fan (often necessary to open the front door after someone takes a shower or uses the loo).
- Inadequate sound insulation on doors connecting suite-paired rooms. (Baby cries and loud voices carry through the connecting door.)
- Inadequate sound insulation for the bathroom pipes. (Water flowing through shower next door creates signifigant noise.)
- Hot tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks (green water), and the swimming pool was very cold.

Breakfast is provided 7-9am, and includes cereal (cheerios or corn flakes), milk, orange juice, orange slices, danishes, and toast (with butter & jam). There's a Denny's right in front, and a couple of other dining establishments within a few minutes walk.

Parking is tight, but it seemed that everyone was able to find a place to park.

We were there during one of Southern California's rainiest weeks ever; that said, the drainage in their parking lot (and most others in Souther California) was far inadequate for the amount of rain they received. (Puddles took 5 days to evaporate...and had to be careful walking home at night, as you couldn't see how deep the water was!) Usually this shouldn't be a concern, but lately it seems you should check the weather before you head to Southern California!

Not bad for the money

Just returned from 6 nights at the Del Sol Inn. Stayed in connecting 2 queen bed rooms. The rooms were larger than your average motel room although the bathrooms were a little small. The TVs were little and only got a few channels.

The motel was extremely clean. They clean the rooms promptly each morning and leave plently of clean towels. The beds were very comfortable. The fridge and microwave provided were large and new. There aren't irons or ironing boards in the rooms but they can be requested from the front desk. We found the staff to be extremely pleasant and friendly. The let us check in 2 hours early and accomodated our request for connecting rooms on the first floor.

We had a problem with one of the toilets when we first checked in. It wasn't flushed and when I flushed it, it overflowed. They sent someone over to fix it within 5 minutes and we didn't have anymore problems with it.

This is not the motel for light sleepers. Being on the first floor, we could hear every move our upstairs neighbors made. When they took a shower it sounded as if they were in our room. We woke up when they did. We could hear everyone walking by outside our room.

The pool and hot tub were both very nice although small and the water was freezing cold in the pool. The kids still enjoyed it though.

Parking was extremly tight. My rental car was hit by someone trying to get out of their space. The spaces are VERY small and there aren't enough spaces. I had to get a special permit from the office to park at the Denny's one night but was told I had to move my car in the morning or it would be towed. Thank goodness we were checking out that morning because there still wasn't any spaces in the motel lot. Where did they expect me to park????

The breakfast room is tiny. More than 6 people in it and you can't move. The danishes were pretty good. They also had toast and cereal. We brought our own peanut butter and it filled the kids up.

We would probably stay here again because of it's fabulous location. It is a 5 minute walk to the park.

Great location, nice place.

by TripAdvisor Member Santarosacat

My family of three stayed there at Dec 18-21, 2004. Nice place with the great location, friendly staff. Cons -musty odor in the room and loud airconditioner, yes, even though it was end of December, outside temperature was 89 F. There was no problem with the hot water or parking. Breakfast was ok, two choices of cereal, danish, toast. Well... hotel next door had bacon, eggs and potatoes ( I felt kinda jellaus about it, but they do pay more for the room). In conclusion, if you need safe, clean and close located to the park place to stay--that's it. If you want granite countertops in the bathroom and crowns on your snow-white towels, look for something elce. For us it was enough to sleep in and take a shower, you go to Disneyland, what elce do you need? Btw, internet service is around the corner, only $5 for 40 minutes. Try to book the room at least 32 days in advance, the closer to your date, the higher the price goes. Enjoy!

Great Value!

by TripAdvisor Member shy

Stayed for 8 nights Oct 6-14, 2004. We decided to book based on reviews and location. We were not disappointed, in fact, when we drove up, we realized that it was the same motel we had stayed in 14 years ago (then, Marco Polo). Though it is dated compared to some of the relatively new places around it, it is clean and offers more than just danish and coffee for breakfast (toast, juice, coffee, tea, cereal and fruit), which saves on the pocketbook first thing in the morning. It is off the road (behind Denny's) and very quiet considering it is across the street from the Main entrance to Disneyland. The pool, though small, was not busy, eventhough the motel was fully booked. The parking, however, was full and did not appear to have enough stalls for all guests. Close enough to the park to take a mid-day break, and enough amenities for those who need a place to relax after a day of park-hopping. Definitely worth checking out if you are on a budget!

Just okay

by TripAdvisor Member Monikeyta

During a stay of family and friends, March 21 -23, 2005, our stay was mediocre. We accepted a bump of two rooms with a king and rollaway for a discount on our nightly rate from two rooms with two queens, due to an overbooking by the hotel. The room was average, the microwave and mini-fridge came in handy on our second morning. We decided to purchase milk, juice and donuts which we kept in our room due to the continental breakfast being so simple and basic. One of our rooms rollaway was so concaved that we decided to lay the mattress on the floor. Room service replaced the rollaway on the second night for a tolerable rest. Hot water is very limited in the late afternoon and night as it was for both of our rooms. The bathroom fan in one of our rooms did not work-anytime we took a shower, room windows had to be opened. One of our room’s window lock was in disrepair, of which the front desk offered a stick to prevent anyone from entering the room. After we hesitated to accept the solution, an interior lock was placed on the window. Customer service was less than pleasant overall, check-in was nice and attentive, but on 4 other inquiries, responses were less that hospitable and cold. This hotel's saving grace is its location, less than a 4-minute walk to the entrance for either Disneyland Resort Park. My family and friends do not plan on ever staying there in the future.

Good Location-Great price, new carpet and mattresses

by TripAdvisor Member sgnelson

We stayed here just after they had installed new carpets and new mattresses in all the rooms- so I felt that it was nice and clean. The price was exceptional and you can't beat the location.
I thought the service was alright. The breakfast was fine, a bit simple as posted, but it was nicely kept.
Pool is not heated. (pretty cold, when the sun is not out)

Hotel from Hell

Well I should have known by the smell of the raid or chemicals that I was in for a nightmare. The first night was a good indication of why the rooms were so cheap. I guess ya get what ya pay for. Anyway, I awoke at around 7:00AM to the sound of water pouring out. I turned on the light to find my sink overflowing with stench-smelled water that apparently was coming from the drain and poured out onto the carpet and continued to pour out all over the room. I raced to find two waste baskets that filled to the brim with the nasty stenched smelled water. I called the front desk and told them of the emergency problem I was experiencing. They sent over a maid that didn't speak any English. What a way to solve the problem. Then the maintenance guy showed another 15 minutes later, he didn't speak much english either. Finally I was told they would allow me to move to another move. So we had to quickly pack all of our belongings, I was still in my wet soaked nightgown from the stenchy water and move to another room. We were not compensated in any way, but I was so tired I wasn't going to try to raise a big stink. It was just the worse thing that could have happened. I guess it goes to show........ Cheap can suck! Big time. I will never stay at the Anaheim Del Sol and would advise anyone else to rethink their decision to stay there also.

Its a place to crash

by TripAdvisor Member Malcon10t

It was cheap, but it was a place to crash. The staff was very nice, rooms were very nice sized. But the walls were SO thin. There is no vent in the bathrooms, so the bathroom really steamed up. It was close to DIsneyland and it was cheap. Didn't get to experience the breakfast, so can't rate it. We travel with a service dog, and they were very accomodating.

Woodfin Hotel Cypress / Anaheim, CaliforniaWoodfin Hotel Cypress / Anaheim, California

presentpresent

JumpingTwins, Grand Opening of Disney Store, AZJumpingTwins, Grand Opening of Disney Store, AZ

HEY! THOSE R THE STARS IN CALIFORNIA ADV.& DISNEY!HEY! THOSE R THE STARS IN CALIFORNIA ADV.& DISNEY!

Nice hotel neer Disneyland?

by calibug

I am looking for a nice hotel neer Disneyland, preferably walking distance. I don't really want to stay at one of the Disney hotels, but would like a high quality hotel. Thanks.

by Jamesr3939

Comfort Inn is nice as is the Peacock. There used to be a bus that picked up from the hotels along Harbor. It was free and just did a round robin every few minutes.

by RBCal

In my opinion, the best hotel is the Candy Cane Inn. I know the name doesn't sound impressive. However, it is adjacent to the main gate, the rooms are very nice and the hotel has wonderful grounds.

by lmkluque

There is a Howard Johnsons's a few blocks away from Disneyland that is pretty nice and is connected to a mid priced restaurant that was opened 24 hours a day. They offer--as most of the hotels in the area do--a free shuttle bus to and from Disneyland which runs every 20-30 minutes. The door to door service is much more convenient than walking from any of the hotel/motels that are just across the street from the park.

Hope this helps,
Linda

RE: RE: Nice hotel neer Disneyland?

by calibug

Thank guys for all of the info!

Comments