Desert Inn And Suites

Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites
Travelocity eDreams Priceline.com

More about Desert Inn And Suites

Great Stay

We stayed at the Anaheim desert inn and suites on our honeymoon when we went to Disneyland. The location could not be beat. We would walk back to our rooms during the day when the crowds got too much; it was that close to the gate. The rooms were nothing to get excited about but they had all the basic amenities. The bedspreads and curtains looked a little out of date and needed to be modernized, but the rooms were clean and the room service good. Overall I would stay there again because it is so clean and the rooms were in good shape.

Great Location and Price!

We stayed here May 23-25, 2004. We usually stay at one of the resort hotels but we planned a trip on a budget this time. I found the Anaheim Desert Inn on the internet and liked the price. There were 9 of us and we stayed in a C2 suite. LOTS of room and the location was GREAT! The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and plenty of towels(my personal fetish). The breakfast left alot to be desired - a danish, apple, and toast. Either bring your own food or go next door to IHOP. The parking was REALLY tight but the staff let us park our 2 cars there instead of going down the street at the other hotel parking lot that they offer.(@ $10 a day at other hotel parking) This isn't one of the resort hotels but it's not a dump either. I would recommend it just as long as your aware of the "breakfast" and parking situation.

Great Stay

Our family group of 20 stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites the last week of February 2004. We had a great stay, for an affordable motel. Disneyland was just across the street which was wonderful for our group which included 4 strollers and 2 wheelchairs! We had two suites and 2 regular rooms and there was plenty of room. We made use of the refridgerators and microwaves each day. The free breakfast was sparse, but you could get full. The indoor pool was wonderful for the kids each evening. The people that worked at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping kept our rooms neat and clean. Parking was limited, but we were always able to find parking on the street level. (We didn't move our cars often though.) We were all thrilled with the service we got for the price we paid.

Disney Gem!

We were very pleased. The location in relation to Disneyland couln't have been better (with the exception of the Disney hotels). We arrived, parked the car and for four days we walked where we needed to go.
Didn't get back in the car until the ride home. Rooms were very clean and amazingly quiet (we were there during a cheerleading competition).
Forget the Disney hotels, for the money this is a great deal.

Wonderful Vacation

We had my family of six and my mother staying in the C2 family suite, my brothers family in a deluxe standard, both which provided lots of room and privacy for our entire families. Rooms were clean and well supplied. Hotel is located directly across the street from the park walkway which was an added bonus after a long day at the parks. Easy to walk for young and old. Plenty of parking on the 2 levels. Helpful and courteous staff. Indoor pool small but good for evening dips with the kids. Continental breakfast of danishs, toast, apples, coffee, juice and milk started off the morning well. We are already planning a return trip and will definitely be staying there again.

Desert Palm Inn & Suites

Stayed Apr 7th -11, 2004. Family suite that was clean and comfortable for my family of six. Small indoor pool but water was not heated. Very small jacuzzi. Upon entering the suite you are in a room with the two queen beds, tv, fridge and micro and large closet. You walk thru the very large bathroom/vanity area and enter the kids room with the bunk beds, pull out couch, another large closet and a dresser with tv. But the way it's set up, the room with the two qn beds has no window at all. We enjoy lots of windows and being able to see outside so this was a big problem for my wife and I.

WOW! We were happy, happy, happy!!

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! This place has it all! Large rooms, well equiped! We were a family of 7 spanning 3 generations and we were all comfortable in the family suites. The free breakfast was adequate and saved us $$$. The indoor pool was perfect for any season. We would definitely stay there again! :-)

Impressed

by TripAdvisor Member vickeetickee

This place was perfect for us. You can't beat the location or the price. Compared to the other hotels we stayed at during our trip, this was by far the best. The staff at the front desk were very friendly, helpful and professional, I felt I was in an expensive hotel. The rooms were nice sized. We loved having a refrigerator and microwave. We arrived there two hours before checkin, but they found a room we could check in early to, so we were able to get to Disneyland sooner than expected. They day we left we checked out that morning but wanted to go over to Disneyland for a few more hours since we had another day on our hopper pass, so the hotel let us keep our vehicle parked there until
3 pm.

We really enjoyed using the indoor pool & spa each evening. The breakfast was satisfactory, but convenient and helpful when you are on a budget. We would definitely stay here again. It was so nice not to have to worry about times for catching the shuttle to Disneyland

Our home at the Happiest Place on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member disneylandkids

This is the place we stay when we travel to Disneyland. And we travel to Disneyland at least four times a year. So, we've stayed at DIS quite a lot of times! We get a repeat guest rate, and usually, our requests for specific rooms are honored whenever possible.

We are not travelers who need to have a hotel with lots of amenities such as fancy themeing, concierge service, or bellhops. We are travelers who need clean sheets on our beds, hot water in the shower, and a good basic room for a very decent price. These are the things we get at the DIS. In addition, our room has a microwave, a coffee maker, a small fridge, an ironing board/iron, and a hair dryer.

The location to the Disneyland gate is wonderfully close, and there have been times where we have come back to the room for changes of clothes or to pick up something we'd forgotten during the day. No big deal, and no hassle with shuttles. It's *way* more convenient than parking in that big Disneyland parking structure and using the trams!

If I had something to grouse about, I'm not terribly impressed with the very basic breakfast, but it is adequate. My kids love it, though.

I have recommended this place to friends and family; so far, nobody has had a bad experience other than the inevitable noisy neighbors that can happen at any hotel.

One of the things I love most about this place is the moment when my Visa bill comes several weeks after the trip is over. My budget isn't busted over several nights' stay at the DIS, which it would be for a stay at one of the Disney hotels. That lets us go even more times and enjoy Disneyland again and again!

great location, great price

by TripAdvisor Member SMITH77

I picked this hotel based on the comments that I read on trip advisor. Our family of three stayed here for four days and was quoted a price of $59.00 a night for the month of June. The room was very clean and was stocked with extra towels and pillows. The refridgerator was bigger than I expected. Their was room enough for water bottles, a half a gallon of milk, sandwhich meat, hot pockets etc. That really cut down on the meal expenses which is totally overpriced in Disneyland. ($8.00 for a big mac, fries, and drink). The hotel is located right across the street and on the next block is a Mc Donalds with regular food prices and the $1.00 menu etc. Theirs also other food choices within walking distance. The hotel has a free continental breakfast which was sorry. Your better off buying a box of cereal and milk. But for $59.00 I think we scored just right and it gave us extra money for shopping. I cant express how clean our room was because that is a #1 on my list.

Lodging question

by pharper1958

We have six adults planning a trip to CA and we plan to be in the Disneyland area from 9/15-9/20/07. We need to have a suite hotel/motel with 4 beds or two rooms (adjoining) with 2 beds each. We are on a limited budget. Two of us are senior citizens with an AARP or AAA memberships, and one of the younger ones has a disability and can not walk a long distance, so we'd like to have information on a hotel directly across the street from Disneyland or California Adventures - or that provides a shuttle bus from the hotel/motel to Disneyland.

We've stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites in the past, but can get no information about availability at the time above; we've stayed at the Days Inn Maingate recently and they provided a shuttle to the park and in the evening back to the motel.

We'd also like information on other special deals that are available at the time of year we've planned our family vacation. Thank you.

Penny Harper

by lmkluque

Howard Johnson.s is a couple of blocks from Disneyland and offers shuttles throughout the day.

I don't know if they offer adjoining suites but their prices are reasonable and it would be worth a try.

by sandyn

I have stayed at the Anabella many times and it is very nice.

by Camping_Girl

Hi Penny,

You will find that a lot of hotels have a shuttle service. Also, the ART system is Anaheim's public transit for getting to/from DL. Most (but not all) hotels in the Anaheim area are on one of the shuttle routes. The rates are around $5 per person for a 2 day pass. They drop off and pick up every 20 minutes or so at DL main gates. Incidentally, the ART shuttle will drop you off much closer to DL than you will be if you stay right across the street. In your case that sounds like a major consideration. The hotels closest to DL are generally the most expensive, so staying a little further from the park might be good for you in more than one way. I personally would highly recommend the Candy Cane Inn for a family stay in Anaheim. They are south of the park, have their own shuttle service to the park, include free continental breakfast with their rates and they come very highly recommended from many travellers with families. They are one of the Disney "Good Neighbour" hotels.

My Anaheim page has a tip about the ART system and a link to its route maps.

Accomodation - 3 bedroom suite

by travelbugau

Hi

can anyone recommend a hotel/suite that has 3 bedrooms, 2 adults and 4 kids under 9, am only finding 2 bedroom ones at moment, obviously looking as close to Disneyland as possible

RE: Accomodation - 3 bedroom suite

by Jamesr3939

Try Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites on Harbor.

RE: Accomodation - 3 bedroom suite

by LubaLorine

Email or call the Anaheim/Orange County Convention and Visitor's Bureau and they will be happy to direct you. Do a Google search for the website and phone numbers.

Comments