1150 Magic Way, Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Expedia.com Tingo.com Venere.com

Costs 123% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Wonderful hotel for Disneyland trip

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last couple of years, once in a suite and once in a normal room, both in the Frontier Tower. I absolutely love this hotel! The headboard of the castle and fireworks behind the beds light up and play music! It's absolutely magical! The MONORAIL SLIDE in the pool is also amazing. It's extremely memorable. The staff is 5-star and go out of their way to assist you. My only complaint is out of the 3 official Disney hotels, this one is the furthest from the parks.

• walterwerner's Profile Photo

Best overall and all-around place to stay

We've stayed here many times and find it very consistant and enjoyable. The cast members are always helpful and nice. The property is always clean. You really can't go wrong here.

Unique Quality: We really like this hotel because it's right at the end of Downtown Disney, which has numerous restaurants and all kinds of stores to occupy the non-amusement time. And, getting into Disneyland is easy if you use the monorail, which is probably 100 yards from the hotel entrance. For breakfast there's Goofy's Kitchen, which is nice, however, we found we likes Mikey's Breakfast at the Paradise Pier to be less crazy, and the kids were able to participate more in the activities during the shows.

Directions: At the end of Downtown Disney

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Disneyland Hotel

I usually dont stay at a hotel when we come to Disneyland because we dont live too far away but every now and then we plan something special. My parents have done this for all the grandkids where they get a weekend at the Disneyland Hotel. It is alittle pricey especially when there are cheaper accomodations near by but you are paying for the experience.
    My kids love it and so do I. The best part is that after all that walking around you can walk right out of the park and right into the hotel.
    We have the Disneyland annual passes so the room is alittle cheaper but not by much. I also like that they have a few places to eat in the hotel and in Downtown Disney. One of our favorites is Goofy Kitchen.
    We have always gotten the best service here and will continue to stay here because of it.

Unique Quality: My kids love the Neverland pool located in the middle of the hotel. There are quite a few life guards and a bar there. There is also a big slide or adults or older kids and a small slide for smaller kids.
    Everyone is always happy here and they have great customer service.

Directions: At Disneyland

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Convenient and friendly

If you visit Disneyland, you're going to find yourself standing in a lot of lines and doing a lot of walking. No sense in making it any more difficult by staying in a hotel outside the park (and there are a LOT of them). At Disneyland Hotel you're just an easy monorail ride or walk from the main gates of Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. There's really nothing special about the hotel itself. It's nice place and has a good pool. Mainly I liked it because of the convenience factor. And of course it boasts Disney's signature friendly service.

• Terrible Hotel

Think twice when staying at the Disney Resort Hotel. My family and i had traveled from Washington State for our family vacation. Upon arriving at Disney Hotel we checked in and found the rooms to be filthy. Fingerprints, old food on the floor hygene products on the floor. Our baby was picking old food off the floor....and putting it in his mouth. Just a bad, bad experience! Dont stay there its not worth it! We stayed at a casino hotel when traveling to san diego and it was like a 4 star hotel for far less then what disney is charging. So much for the happiest place on earth! Probably more like the crappiest place on earth! We got the room for some downtime for our kids as we enjoyed the theme park. We had no downtime because we were too upset by the fact that our child was eating the leftover food off the floor. He then was sick the whole time! Disney did nothing to make our situation better....You would think they would jump through hoops to make it all better ...they didnt....

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

It Doesn't Get Any Closer Than This

The Disneyland Hotel is across from the theme park and has a magic all of its own. It is connected to Disneyland by a monorail.

If you have a multi-day flex pass, you can have early admission to the Park each day (about 1 hour before standard opening time) and take the monorail for unlimited trips back and forth.

• Disneyland have their own...

Disneyland have their own accomodation - Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Resort Hotels, I think they were pretty expensive, but do call them up and see if they have discount and stuff. http://www.disneyland.com
    But, if you don't want to spend as much money staying in one of their resorts, there's plenty I should say TONS of other hotels and inns outside the park, all are just driving distance and some are even walking distance, take your pick! We stayed at the Resort for a week but we made a reservation beforehand and they gave us a discount, it was great. Oh yes, if my memory serves me right, they give you free pass to the park if you stay at their hotel for 3 days if I'm not mistaken :) ... We stayed at Red Roof Inn also which was a good break because there were too much expenditure involved hehe, I think we got a pretty cheap room with king size bed and tub etc which I think was a good price, not as luxurious as Disney resort but a very decent place for a good rest after a long day working on the rides hehe
    $100 - $300 disneyland resort
    $50 and above - motels and inns I think

More about Disneyland Hotel

disney dream = disneyland hotel nightmare

I took my wife & 2 daughters to disneyland for 5 days mid dec 03.We decided to spend a bit extra & stay @ the disneyland hotel.Our first impression was 3 bell boys who pretended to be mickey mouse statues(nice to look @ but not useful) roomservice had 'problems'collecting menu's- so no one got breakfast.Room service is open -5am-1am (however it's closed @ 10pm).Safe deposit boxes were promoted(we wer'nt told a safe was in our room)& once forms were filled (as we were told to), we were refused access to our box because the card had been signed in the wrong place(although we had the only key,we were told we had closed the box)All front desk staff were rude,very ignorant & totally disinterested.Breakfast was refunded but only after I had 3 days of bad attitude from people who should know better. We rang for a bellboy on check out -they didnt show.I went to 'borrow'a trolley & was treated like a thief.I asked to see the duty manager & was told that she was on a break.Only after voicing my displeasure was I offered the general manager(who still didnt turn up)I left the hotel lobby & was greeted with a rude remark from the head porter.It is with these & 6 other 'problems' that I promise I will never again stay or promote a 'Disney dream'The attitude of the staff of this hotel promotes the saying "a fish goes bad from the head down"From the general manager to the bellhops-it's with their skilled indiference that our dream turned into a nightmare.The disney park experience was second to none,but the disneyland hotel has got a lot to answer for .andrew

Disneyland Hotel is a classic...

by Mr_Cooper

Disneyland Hotel is a classic in L.A.
Zinfandel Bed and Breakfast in Napa Valley.
Spanish Bay in Pebble Beach. Disney Hotel is convienent to the park and fun to stay at with the huge pool and activities at the hotel.(Monirail)
Zinfandel is a great romantic b&b to experiance Napa Valley.
Spanish Bay is an amazing resort with awesome views of the Monterey Bay.

Disneyland Hotel 1998Disneyland Hotel 1998

But this is disneyland!But this is disneyland!

DisneylandDisneyland

DisneyLandDisneyLand

lax to anaheim

by stelnel

I am travelling to the U.S in August with my husband and 5 y.o son. We arrive at LAX at 1030pm and are wondering what is the cheapest way to get to Anaheim?
We have been told cabs are very expensive, but considering we would have to buy 3 bus tickets, would it not work out at a similar price? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks, Stella.

by lmkluque

You might consider checking out the hotels/motels in the Anaheim area to see which might offer a free/low fee shuttle to and from LAX.

by lostsooner55

There are two companies that operate shared ride shuttles from LAX to Anaheim, Prime Time Shuttle and SuperShuttle. You could visit their web sites for prices. The web site for the Disneyland Express Bus: www.graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.shtml. Gary

by Camping_Girl

It seems to me that the Disneyland Express is the cheapest shuttle.

by listenandlearn

Hi there Stelnel,

As often as we visit our relatives in Anaheim regardless if there are 3 or 4 of us traveling together, this is what we do and yet we save on commuting from LAX to Anaheim. After we walk out of the airport we then look for the Disneyland Bus. A round trip ticket per person is $30.00 each. This Disneyland bus would drop you at any of the 3 major hotels of Disneyland, which are California Grand Hotel, or at The Disneyland Hotel and or at Paradise Pier Hotel Disneyland. For your five year old son, we think he will be charge half the price. Just make sure that you board and doube check with the driver that the bus is Disneyland Bus, as it can be deceiving there are many airport buses wherein you would see photos of Mickey Mouse, but has nothing to do with Disneyland Hotel and Resorts...so, be aware of that!
As far as your arrival at 10:30pm the last bus that leaves LAX is at midnight, although try not too take your time wondering in the airport. Just walk out to the streets and look for the Disneyland Bus which takes to to those hotels. Once you get to any of the hotels (the best and most convenient hotel we prefer the California Grand Hotel as there pay phone is about 3 minutes away from the main door, in the event you need to make a local call.
Well, whoever will fetch you in Anaheim, it surely is the cheapest means and most effecient way to get to Anaheim. Indeed taking a taxi from LAX to Anaheim could easily cost between $80.00 and that is still no tip for the driver...
HAVE A HAPPY TRIP STELLA AND FAMILY!

Comments