Embassy Suites Hotel Anaheim-North Located near Disneyland Park

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Anaheim-North Located near Disneyland Park

The Embassy Suites is always great

by TripAdvisor Member Leofoenget

My husband and 2 small boys stayed there Feb 20-24th to do the Disney thing. While it is smaller than the Embassy South, it is still wonderful. Right off the freeway, plenty of parking. The inside of Embassy is a large atrium with trees and a fish pond which the kids loved. The room was very clean although the living room area was a bit smaller than other Embassy Suites I have been to. The main bedroom had 2 double beds, the South had 2 Queens. The sofa bed was awful and i pulled the mattress off and put it on the floor for the baby. I guess kids dont' care. We were right behind the recyceling center, but the boys thought it was wonderful, and would stand out on the balcony and just watch. Disneyland?? why when we can watch large trucks smash things?? The breakfast is much better than a cheap continental breakfast of hard begals and cheerios. It's cooked to order,good coffee, juice and the kids watched the fish as they ate. The rooms had plenty of storage for your stuff, the beds were excellent but the bathroom was a bit 1980's but clean. Eventhough we were right behind the "plant" I didnt' hear it. I LOVE the Embassy Suites and it really isnt' that far from Disneyland. Usually we stay at the Embassy Suites South but if you can't get a room there stay at the North you won't be sorry!! I figure it this way, you can stay somewhere else that is cheaper but pay everyday for breakfast for a family of 4 and end up paying pretty much the same price. This way you get free food and a very very nice room.

Island Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Chitown962

This hotel is as far away as you can get to anything in Anaheim. It seemed that you were on a island, away from anything. I would rate it lower than what is shown on this board. We had one dinner there. It was ok, a place trying to a 4 star with 2 star food. The hotel needs to be updated. The carpets need to be replaced in alot of the common areas. The "balcony" doors are hard to open and the cleaned as well as updated. I wouldn't stay at this location again.

Best Disney Hotel for a Large Family

by TripAdvisor Member bassetlady

This hotel was a wonderful choice for a large family enjoying a Disneyland Vacation. The rooms comfortably slept five and actually had adequate closet and drawer space. The cooked to order breakfast was first rate! We ate a large, hot, yummy breakfast each morning and then headed off on the FREE shuttle to Disney. While this hotel is a couple of miles further from Disneyland, their shuttle service was free, dedicated to our hotel only, and very dependable. The other good neighbor hotels use a shuttle system that charges three dollars per person per day. For a family of five for a week, that runs to over $100. We simply booked our rides each night for the next day. One day we got tired and hot and wanted to come home early; I called the hotel, and they came to get us. The front desk was wonderful. The complimentary evening drinks and snacks were welcome money savers as well. As to the complaints of noise, it was no worse than the noise levels at the "on site" hotels that charge hundreds of dollars more each night. The only drawback was a musty smell in the elevator that led from the pool to the upper decks. Too many wet feet without adequate drying time. We calculate that between meal, snack, and shuttle fees we saved $350-$400 on top of the already lower price than staying on property.

Not the Best Embassy Suites

by TripAdvisor Member tmarcone

As a business traveler I have stayed at my share of Hilton Properties. This does not live up to their standard. The employees seemed disgruntled and the location was not ideal. It is remote from Disney - which familes should know - but offers a shuttle. It abutts a metal scrap facility so it is very noisy especiallly on the upper floors on the x20 side. The plusses are the happy hour and full breakfast as well as a nice bar and pool area. If you are a seasoned traveler you will be disappointed. If you are heading to Disney with the family yo may not notice what I pointed out above.

Don't Go To ThisOne!

by TripAdvisor Member pleasebelieveme

This was one of the worst hotels I have stayed at for $139 + tax a night. We stayed there 3 nights, and we basically had a problem every night. They tried to give us a smoking room when a non-smoking room was guaranteed. Then we had a room right next to the recycling plant. We were awoken by the many semi -trucks and earth moving equipment. They say that they are 6 miles from Disneyland. It might be 6 miles as the crow flies - but it takes about 20 minutes to drive. Don't always rely on their shuttle because people were complaining that they had made a reservation, but that the bus was full and the driver did not have their name - so we never attempted this because we didn't want to be stuck at Disneyland with only the option of a cab and a need for car seats. The last straw was that we could not get a hot shower. I don't think I should pay those kind of prices and not get a hot shower!!!

a good family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member svince99

We stayed at the Embassy Suites North in Anaheim from Dec. 30 - Jan. 3/07. It is a very nice hotel with an indoor atrium that has koi and turtles in it. They have a complimentary reception every evening from 5:30-7:30 when any drinks are free (alcoholic too) and some snacks. They also have a complimentary cooked to order breakfast that is great (just like a restaurant buffet). They have an indoor pool and hot tub. They have a shuttle to Disneyland that runs every hour (which is great because we found out parking at Disney was $11 per day - you can go in and out though). The room was big enough (a separate bedroom with two double beds) - the sofabed in the living room was really uncomfortable though. Internet access was not included but was reasonably priced at $10.00/24 hour period. I thought the "Build a Bear" package was a bit of a rip off. The pack came with a $5.00 off coupon to take to a Build a Bear location, and a little Embassy Suites t-shirt. I didn't think it was worth the cost of $9.95. There was a little gift shop in the hotel where we picked up t-shirts for 3/$15.00 for kids and 3/$18.00 for adults, with Hollywood/LA on them. Good hotel overall.

Great Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Vickithemimi

This Embassy Suites is actually a little ways away from Disneyland; not as close as it sounds.
The hotel is very nice. The lobby is great and the rooms were standard Embassy Suites.
The breakfast was the best we've had in an Embassy Suites. Many selections of everything; nice setting, koi ponds.
The room service was very good, somewhat pricey.
The only problem we had was we left an item behind in the room and called the management right away after we left. The room had not been cleaned yet. They said they would call us back, which they didn't. After many, many phone calls up the ladder, they found the item (a week later).
If it had not been for this problem and the slightly farther distance from Disneyland I would give it an Excellent.

had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member thetravelbug101

Easy access to the parks. Comes with a shuttle, but it was easier for us to drive. The lobby is just what you expect. The room was clean, the bed comfortable...the most important detail. We spent a couple days at Disney then went to the beach. It is close to everything including the airport. The breakfast was something to look forward to. We had dinner at the on site restraunt, as there is nothing within walking distance, it was good and the service was better.

Wonderful Saty!

by TripAdvisor Member m0m_in_pa

After numerous days of searching for the perfect hotel, with a smal child, I decided on this hotel. I personally feel I could have not picked a better place to stay. The rooms were large, with a separate bedroom and very clean. Everything was top notch from the lobby, made to order breakfast, nightly receptiona and the shuttle service. I am a very hard person to please when it comes to hotels and this was a very enjoyable stay. I would recomend to anyone. The only complaint we had was the pool was too cold to swim in, it was an indoor pool, but we tried!

Business travelers: Beware!

by TripAdvisor Member Charla

Don't be fooled - this is NOT a business hotel. I'm a happy mother of a son, but when I travel for business I don't want to deal with much of what I confronted. For example, (1) small, screaming children fascinated by the sound of their shouts echoing through the atrium. (2) small, wriggling children running through the hallways unattended. (3) Small children wandering around the breakfast area, handling with the food on display, leaving messes on all the tables, and generally making it a real teeth-gritter just get something to eat. (4) my guest room tucked in a corner off the atrium where the ($9.95/day) wireless didn't go; I had to sit in the hallway (along the atrium) to check my email. But, of course, for most of that time, six feet farther down the hall, a six-year old boy was banging on a room door screaming for his father. (I finally suggested that maybe Dad wasn't in the room, since the amount of noise he'd already made could have awakened the dead.) (6) and this is a personal "FIRST" - the junker auto reclamation plant directly adjacent to the hotel, on the side of the building opposite the main entry - where my room was - that tirelessly smashes car chassis after car chassis all night long. Except for the grinding and gnashing, it was sort of hypnotic. (7) Grit and dirt just about everywhere they didn't expect you to look, like on the electrical outlet when I unplugged the hotel-issue hairdryer to plug in my own. (see provided photos). (8) No desk, just a small circular table with a low-wattage chandelier above. Not very worker-friendly! Given the location, this may be the only hotel that's a practical choice for you, Road Warrior, and if so, at least you've been warned. However, I still suggest you look for another place to stay. Or, consdider bringing along your OWN screaming, wiggly kids, just so you can compete.

Comments