Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort

1460 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 57% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE, NOISY HOTEL!

The WORST hotel experience I have ever had! I stayed at this hotel the night before my MCAT exam since it was close to my test center and I live one hour away from that center. One of the WORST mistakes I have ever made! The hotel was right next to a night club so there was SO MUCH NOISE that I got a migraine that night! What poor construction planning! I called the front desk and they switched me to a new room at midnight. Problem solved? No! At 2 AM, the people in the room across from mine started screaming, partying, and laughing so much that I woke up 5 times that night! I stayed at this hotel so that I could get more sleep the night before my test instead of waking up early to commute to the test center. On the other hand, I got less sleep than if I had just decided to commute!!!! I had a headache the day of my test thanks to this horrible hotel! I still don't know my test score yet, but undoubtedly I could have done better if I had gotten more sleep! Heed my warning: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!

Unique Quality: INCREDIBLY NOISY HOTEL!

• ErinJill's Profile Photo

Awesome Location, Nice Rooms

We stayed here in 2001 on our first trip to Disneyland. We got a sweet rate (around $100/night). I loved this hotel. The rooms were standard, but clean. The lobby was really pretty and the guest services desk was super nice and helpful.

From the balcony in front of our room, we had an awesome view of Disneyland Park - we could see Space Mountain, the Materhorn, and a little bit of It's a Small World. It was fun to stand on the balcony and watch the monorail zip by!

Unique Quality: The best part about this place is it's proximity to Disneyland. It's only about a 10 minute walk from your room to the entrance to either Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure. This is awesome, as it saves money on driving and parking, and it's nice to not have to take a shuttle or walk forever as in some other hotels in the area.

More about Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort

Anaheim

by Jordie about Fairfield Inn by Marriott

This hotel was in an excellent location as we were dirctly accross the road from the Disneyland gates so we could walk to and from Disneyland and California Adventure whenever we wanted. It saved the hassle of waiting for buses. the hotel itself was quite large. We had a room on the second floor and had an excellent view of the Matterhorn Mountain in Disneyland from our door. The rooms were very clean and a substantial size. The service was excellent and it had great facilities. The pool and Spa were central to all the rooms and it had a coffee and gift shop, a games arcade and tourist desk in the foyer. McDonalds was accross the car park which was very handy! At the front of the hotel it had a restaurant named Millies. We ate there 2 nights out of 5 and enjoyed our meal everytime.

Great Staff / Convenient Location

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim from June 12, 2004 through June 18, 2004 and found the hotel staff to be wonderful and the location (within walking distance to Disneyland) convenient. We were given a room on the 8th floor facing the front of the hotel. This offered us a wonderful view of Disneyland's nightly fireworks display. The room itself was adequate with a unique fold out bed in a "chair and a half" and two queen sized beds. The room was clean and comfortable. If you use the bed in the chair (which was surprisingly comfortable) either ask for additional blankets or dress warmly as it is next to the AC and when the AC goes on it can be cold. The staff is always happy to provide you with anything that you may need and are very accomodating. I never saw them grouchy or not smiling!

Their restaurant, Millies, offers good food at moderate prices (dificult to find cheap eats near Disneyland) and the service is excellent. The strawberry pie they make there is wonderful and they make a small one which is just enough for a family of 4.

All in all a great place to stay. Aloha!

Great Family Hotel

We stayed at the Fairfield from March 9-13, 2004. I was a bit worried after reading other reviews, but I was NOT disappointed. We are a family of five with three boys ages 9, 7, and 4. The room was a bit small, but standard for that area. The room has two queen beds and a pull out "kids size" bed. It works great for a family of five. One thing to note is that the kids bed is very close to the A/C which makes that spot a cold place to sleep. Bring appropriate jammies! The room does not have a microwave, but the fridge was very convenientas we brought our own breakfast stuff (no cont. bfast served there). The "deal" of kids eat free at Millie's is really only good if you are going there for breakfast, as you are gone from your room all day/evening anyway. We ate there once and it was fine. Kind of like a Denny's. We did eat two or three times at Mimi's which is next door. SUPER service and the food was very good. Reasonable prices (our family ate dinner for about $30). The waiter we had on the first night, "Matthew", was just teriffic! McDonalds is next door too, which was nice. The hotel is certainly within walking distance to DL/DCA. We never took the shuttle from the hotel to the park. It would have seemed silly. My second choice was HoJo and it was a longer walk by about 1/3. At the Fairfield, the pool in the parking lot is really the biggest drawback. It does not look like it belongs there and can be a bit noisy at bedtime. The other option is having a room face towards the highway, which is noisy too. We brought our white noise machine and that was a lifesaver. My boys loved the arcade at the hotel. It was nice to have someplace for my husband to take the kids while I got ready. The hotel staff were great. We got there early (before check in) and they were nice about it and stowed our bags in a secure location very quickly. My son lost his italian bracelet there and they did find it and mail it back to us (after I called). When we used to pool, they were out of towels. I called from the pool phone and new towels were delivered within 5 minutes. We asked housekeeping for an extra pillow and blanket and it was delivered in minutes. For as little time as you spend in your room, the Fairfield is a great hotel to choose. Sensible, nice, clean and has a great location. Certainly was a good choice for our family and we will stay there again next time!

Convenient place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member DreamingSue

This hotel was slightly more above average. The service was fast and our room was cleaned like new everyday. The location was excellent and even with a 3 and 5 year old we never had the use for a shuttle since it was only minutes to walk to Disneyland. The pool is heated and clean. Excellent parking room. No complimentary breakfast but you get a "kids eat free anytime" with a paying adult at Millies located next door. The food is good and the price is reasonable for the Disneyland area. My only complaint is the air conditioner in the room was very loud which woke me up several times throughout the night and it is located right next to the pull out sofa chair that my 13 year old slept on. He complained how the air conditioner would blow on him and was very cold. Even with the extra blanket he was still cold but like I said, that was my only complaint.

Delightful staff and property

by TripAdvisor Member Tamira58

I've just returned from the Fairfield Inn with a group of 20 students and parents. It had been 8 years since my last stay and I was pleased with the upkeep and noticed a change for the better since it had previously been a Ramada. The rooms were clean and great size for families traveling with children of all ages. The hotel is located directly behind McDonald's and is a short walk to the entrance of Disneyland and California adventure. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful with directions.

It's Okay

I was going to be joining my husband at the end of a business trip and the hotel we usually stay at was booked. I found the Fairfield Inn and was able to get a rate of $89.00 per night. We usually spend much more $$$$, however we just wanted a inexpensive weekend at Disneyland. I was able to call the hotel directly and get the rate lower to $62.00 per night using the Entertainment Book rate.
The hotel was worth $62.00 and it was still across the street from Disneyland and still 3 doors down from where we usually stay. I arrived before my husband and they did allow me early ck in but at
11:30 a.m. the room was not ready, and was told to
return in 1 hour. I returned after eating and shopping at Downtown Disney about 2 hours later and the room was ready. I requested a high floor (7th) facing the park so we were able to watch the fireworks that night. The room is simple and very economy. This was even more of a shock after spending the weekend prior to this trip in a top floor penthouse at Mandalay Bay LV. But this trip we wanted cheap and clean, and that is what we got. The entrance is nicely appointed with flowers and the pool looked well kept. The weather was too cool to use.....June Gloom they call it. The down side......very inexpensive toletries, and day two our keys would not let us in our rooms. Front desk had to reissue new keys. They also do not have anyone to take your bags to your room. No bell desk, no bell man.
The view from our door was the back of McDonalds and of couse Disneyland's Space Mt and the Mattahorn. But no matter what time of day it was you could always SMELL McDonalds. We do not generally eat there, but all summer with a Big Mac Value meal they would give you a vouchure for early admission into Disney's California Adventure. So we suffered to get in 1 hour early beating the crowd to ride the newly opened Tower of Terror. I don't know if we would stay there again, we are partial to the Carousel Inn if we are not staying at a Disney property. Also staying at this type of a economy hotel a completely different experience than what we had the week before for in Las Vegas with a multi room Penthouse. But if anyone can get a cheap rate with a AAA discount or even the Entertainment Book give it a try.

Good choice for Disney

We stayed here for 3 nights while touring Disneyland. The room was very nice and clean - larger room. It's definitely within walking distance to Disney (we had our 4 yr old) and there's a McDonald's right next door for a quick and cheaper breakfast. The only downfall is that it's a large hotel so the elevators are very crowded during peak times and the pool was always packed.

Great place to stay

The hotel was very nice. We had excellent service from all staff from the front desk to housekeeping. The pool was clean as well as the hot tub. The hotel was within walking distance to Disneyland. We stayed for 10 days and not a single problem. The rooms are average but very clean. We would stay at this hotel again.

Fantastic Location

by TripAdvisor Member Regeena

We chose this hotel because it was recommended by 3 different friends of ours. Staff was friendly. It was clean and had a fridge. Housekeeping was excellent...they had some extra touches that was much appreciated. We had a room with 2 queen beds and a chair that pulled out into a single bed. We were very pleased. It is in a perfect location for a very easy walk to Disneyland. The only complaint would be that our room did not have a microwave and the elevator was slow. It was also difficult to buy stamps. It took 3 tries to connect with the one person who held the key for the stamp drawer. Although this was a problem at every hotel we stayed at on our vacation. The rooms don't have a safe but the front desk has safety deposit boxes. If you have something larger than the safety deposit box....security will lock the item in their office. Excellent service. We are looking forward to staying here again!!

Comments