3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Weaslebeee's Profile Photo

Close to Disneyland/ Convention Center

My husband and I have annual Disneyland passes and frequent the park at least two times a month. We live about an hour and half away in San Diego so we usually drive home at the end of the day, however we decided last minute to stay the night. Since it was 10pm and New Years Day we did not think we would be able to find a decent hotel for a decent price. We looked on booking.com and found the Hilton priced at $115, called them to see if we could get a military discount (discount was $125!) and ended up getting it for $109 by just showing up. The different prices were a bit confusing but we were happy to get a room on a holiday with such short notice.

Hotel parking is easy enough. There is a parking garage where you get a ticket and have to pay $15/day per vehicle. A little too steep in my opinion, though we were able to leave our car there while we went back to Disneyland the next day so that kept us from paying TWO parking fees.

The hotel is very nice. They still had holiday decorations in the lobby (nice white and gold Christmas trees) and the lobby has a lounge area/bar along with an adjoining restaurant. You can easily access the Convention Center as it is connected to the hotel.

We stayed in a room with two queen beds and a view of Disneyland. The room was very clean, comfortable beds with hypoallergenic pillows and fresh linens, floor to ceiling windows, 32" LCD TV, coffee maker, large shower head, and bathroom amenities from Peter Thomas Roth.

The hotel is supposed to be non-smoking so we were surprised to find that our room smelled very strong of cigarettes. We notified the front desk and they were more than happy to get us another room within ten minutes, and made sure to check it out before letting us in. A + for service!

The room was very quiet but that also could be because we did not have noisy neighbors. I am not sure. Check out is at 11 but we were able to phone the front desk and get a free late check out at noon.

Our stay was quick and convenient.

• Benson35's Profile Photo

20 minute walk from Disney

This hotel is BIG!
    If your first impressions of a place are black and white - you won't be dissapointed here! The entrance is beautiful and everything seems fairly new.

They have a large reception area and the lifts are easy-ish to find.
    The rooms are a good size and the bathrooms are sparkling! Everywhere is very clean and neat. We never had a problem with cleanliness.
    The staff are very friendly and helpful.
    Go for self-park rather than valet parking and you save a few bucks. The car park is in the hotel (accessible from the side of the hotel) so it's a lot easier to get to your car - just hop in the lift!

Unique Quality: Everything you need.
    This hotel has everything you could possibly need under one roof. Although be warned this comes at a cost. But if you NEED it, you need it!

Location.
    It's only a 20 minute walk from Disneyland!!

• Thieves working in hotel - travelers beware!

We were robbed of our new ipad. It was taken right from our room dresser within minutes of our checking in! Security knew it was someone from housekeeping but no action has been taken against her! If you MUST stay at this rotten place, make sure you lock up your expensive belongings!

Unique Quality: NO view, long walk to disney

Directions: Good more than a mile walk to disney. do not stay here

• doug48's Profile Photo

near the convention center

the hilton anaheim is my opinion is the best place to stay if you are working the convention center. this high end property is just a block away from the anaheim convention center. also if you are planning to visit disneyland it is about 4 blocks away. the hilton has all of the amenities that you would expect from this better business class hotel.

Directions: anaheim convention center

More about Hilton Anaheim

by wish-nu about Combined Suggestions

relaxing and luxurious atmosphere. with good service and comfortable seating at the Pavia Restaurant
you can also have a casual sandwich at the Cafe Oasis
for japanese food I suggest the Sushi Bar
then you wander over to the Starbucks Coffee Bar
all in all there is much to choose from
their webpage is full of good information

OK, for the right price

I travel around quite a bit, and have stayed in rooms from 1 to 5 stars. The Hilton Anaheim is OK, but definitely not worth the rack rate. The rooms are fairly clean (we did have ants in our bathroom) and serviceable but as mentioned before, the bathrooms are small, the bedding old and cheap (think Motel 6 type beds/sheets/blankets), and the hotel nickles and dimes you to death with all the extra charges. The fitness center charges you $9/$12 for use and they don't even provide any water. You have to buy bottled water from a vending machine "conveniently" located in the spa lobby. Parking is $11/day. However, that said, it is a convenient location (less than 5 minutes from Disneyland) and adjacent to the Convention center. One thing I did not like was that the elevators (not enough) got extremely busy and the hotel was probably only 60% occupied. In fact, we left the hotel early in the morning to avoid the elevator crowds, which is not something you want to plan around if you are on vacation. You probably want to consider this if going to a popular convention. In conclusion, the Anaheim Hilton is a good buy if you can get a rate which is <$100.

Wonderful!

The Hilton was awesome! the service is excellent and they will exceed your expectations! we stayed on the executive level and our room was very large and they already had a roll-a-way bed waiting in our room at the check in. the only problem was the bathroom was a little small, but who goes to california to sit in a hotel room all day any way! the hilton staff is amazing, we left a stuffed animal in our room and the Hilton had mailed it to us and we received it within 2 days of being home. the hilton is very conviently loccated near the arena for mettings a confrences and super close to disney land and california adventures! i would highly reccomend the anaheim hilton to anyone! Note: we stayed there with about 5,000 people for our annual morning star international church confrence and 5,000 people is a lot to take care of, but the staff at the anaheim Hilton seems to do an awesome job every year! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR HILTON!

Okay stay at the Hilton (with big discount)

I was so worried about staying here after reading all of the reviews. I was expecting the worst and it wasn't that bad. Price was $109.00 a night, + tax. The carpets were dirty. But I dare you to find one hotel in that area that doesn't have dirty carpets. WEAR SOCKS at all times.
The bathrooms are small but so are the ones at the DL hotel and Grand Calif. I have stayed at both. The staff was super efficient and friendly. If you arrive early don't switch your room, just check your bags at the desk until your room is ready, otherwise they will stick you in a lesser room and that could be worse! We were on the Lanai 5th floor. Our room had a private patio (not the cleanest) but being able to open the sliding door for air was worth it. Great, great view of Cal. Adv. and fireworks. Room 5-251. But be prepared to walk a long, long way to your room. It was very worth it just for the fresh air. The beds were small but comfy. There was only 1 lg. towel when we got there and they sent up more in less than 10 min. Also there isn't a COMPLIMENTARY shuttle to DL out front. You will be required to pay $3.00 per person, kids are free (10 under?) per day. So we headed out the back way, there is a walkway between the Hilton and the Convention Center. Head to Katella. Cross the street heading directly towards DL.
Turn left, walk about 30 ft. and into the Timon Parking Lot. A DL FREE tram will pick you up towards the front of the lot. The bad part is it is alittle less than 1/3 mile to that tram. We enjoyed the walk because it is peaceful, palm-tree lined. This tram runs non-stop all day until 2:00am. The hotel pool was okay. 4jacuzzis. I did a lot of homework and it paid off. Anymore questions, feel free to email.

Huge, attractive, but beware the bathrooms

by TripAdvisor Member turkeyfan

Having arrived from "beautiful, landscaped Palm Springs" I was shocked to arrive at what looked like a huge London multi-story parking lot at the Anaheim. Felt concerned about the security in that anybody could enter directly into the hotel without ID. Maybe the $11 a day charge could have covered security! The foyer was huge, attractive but rather cold. My 17 & 19 year-old daughters and I didn't manage to explore the whole hotel in the 3 days we were there! Our room was on the 11th floor via elevator and lengthy corridors (remember not to leave anything in your car). It was however large, cosy and very pleasantly furnished with fresh coffee maker provided. The tiny bathroom though was more suited to a cheap motel, shabby, plasticy and clinical, definitely needed a makeover. I also agree with another reviewer that it was a hike to Disney but didn't feel it was worth buying transportation passes as we had a car.

Nice

We were a little leery when reading the reviews on this hotel. We were there for a convention and found employees were helpful. The room was nice, but the walls were a little thin. We did enjoy our stay here. Was especially nice because it was within walking distance of Disney.

Dangerous bathroom

I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago on a FBLA convention. I found the hotel conditions suitable for the most part, but I have a scar on my hand from the bathroom. I was brushing my teeth and the light fixture fell from the ceiling. The only thing I could do was to reach up and it cut the palm of my hand. No serious injury, but a very odd circumstance I thought.

Super staff

My team member from Microsoft is a guest there, having checked in earlier this week. A medical emergency took him from Anaheim Convention Center to the UCI and surgery. Your STAFF is outstanding, awesome, incredibly helpful and you need to know it.

Thank you for all the support, understanding and consideration given to Roger 'Ryan' Calafato by your hotel & staff, for the balance of his stay at your hotel until check-out this Sunday for flight home. I hope that he was able to be discharged today and is resting comfortably in the room you so kindly held and kept his belongings safe.

You are to be commended, and thanked for having employees who will go that EXTRA MILE; that extra reassurance given is the difference Hilton makes.

Conference in Anaheim

by pingerrain

"Super Shuttle"

When it comes to airport transfers, I preferred private transport but one of our friends suggested Super Shuttle, cheap and good, she said.

Erm, turns out not exactly. Although it's cheap, you have to be stuffed with 6 other passengers in that small van that is going to around the same place and your luggage, you have to take care of it yourself.

Not much to my liking.

"Hilton Hotel Anaheim"

Got subsidised rate for hotel stay from the company for the conference.
I must say, I am really impressed by the room!

It's the first time I stay in a luxury hotel so, that's pretty good for me!

"Shopping and eating"

I'm more to shop at malls locals go to rather than those smack in the centre of the tourist area. Anaheim is a tourist-y area and I took my mates on a 20minutes ride to another mall out of the tourist area for a bit of light dinner and shopping.

Turns out the same pizza we had at the mall was $2 cheaper.
Saves a lot of money I think.

by betony

My husband and I are from Australia and staying in Anaheim for 3 days in May 2007 post cruise. Our travel agent has booked us into the Hilton Anaheim stating it is 4 star but research and reading reviews tells me it is only 3. Also many reviews have been so negative regarding cleanliness and comfort/noise, can anyone advise me directly what they have thought of this accomodation?? It has us worried. We are also booked at the Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills for 3 days, the reviews dont seem as bad. Any information would be greatly appreciated. This is our first time in the states, we are not sure as to your ratings. In Australia they are 1 - 5. Any Aussies that may have stayed at these places please advise on your experiences. Thanks!!

Re: Hilton Anaheim

by kzapanta

not an oz so can't advise.

Comments