Holiday Inn Anaheim

1240 S. Walnut, One Block from Disneyland, Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
HolidayInn.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Welcome to Holiday Inn Anaheim

It was a great experience. The room was very nice and I really liked the in-house restaurant. The pool has perfect bath temperature water and was very enjoyable. The hot tub was nice and big. The personnel was vey friendly, they were all very pleasant. I don’t have any staff names, however, the restaurant staff was very kind and professional. It was wonderful. This is where we had the best service overall by the staff in the restaurant. I was really impressed with their service. The room service individuals cleaned up the rooms very nicely as well http://www.hianaheim.com

Unique Quality: # One King, Two Queens or Two Double Beds

# Downtown Disney - 0.5 miles
    # Anaheim Convention Center - 1 mile

More about Holiday Inn Anaheim

Last Minute Vacation

My family and I went to Disneyland the week before Thanksgiving.
Because of all the bad reviews on Hotels there, I was really terrified of what kind of service we would get. I must say that I thought the Holiday Inn Anaheim was great. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The rooms were very clean. When I need something the staff came right away. We stayed in a one bedroom sutie. My 15 year old and my 2 year old also loved it, as did my Husband. I would stay at this Hotel again and again. I do recommend it.

Comfortable, pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member roomfinder

We hadn't made a reservation here and we drove around a few of the hotels in Anaheim to ask about prices & availability. The receptionist tried very hard to find the best deal for us and managed to give us a good deal.
The hotel is not walking distance to Disenyland but is on the shuttle which costs $3perperson for unlimited use of Disney shuttle.

Good size room with child friendly TV channels.

Imagine our surprise...

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter as part of a larger trip to the area. We came early to the hotel, expecting to stow our baggage and hit Disneyland. Imagine our surprise when we were allowed to check in. Staff was helpful. Location is a reasonable walk. A really good rate for what we got. If I come back to the area, I will definitely stay here again.

Read this before you decide!

After reading the past reviews of this hotel I must say I was scared! Especially the "roaches" review (I will get to that in a minute)

Location: The hotel is right next to the "Mickey & Friend's" parking structure. Literally; right next door. However, there is a massive brick wall surrounding the property therefore, you can't just cut corners. You have to go all the way down this very long block then make a left and go all the way down half a block to reach the Parking Trams, then take the parking tram into the them parks Or you could just cut to Down Town Disney whichever you prefer. They are both about the same distance (time wise). The walk was 15-20 TO THE TRAM station NOT to the parks. They do have the Anaheim Shuttle if you prefer. I insist that no one drives into the structure from this hotel it is a HUGE waste of time and a big pain. Either walk or take the tram.

Hotel:

The hotel it self is clean when you walk in. A restaurant is located on site along with a lounge (we used neither during our stay) Check in was an issue. We arrived at 1pm for check in which is 2hrs early. The lady at the desk said she had no rooms yet and to come back in an hour. We came back a little after 2pm and she still had no rooms left (smoking) I asked her if we waited a while longer would a smoking room be available she said no they were booked EVEN THOUGH I booked a smoking room!

So I requested at least a bottom floor room so I can go in and out with ease. The front desk staff wasn't exactly nice but wasn't exactly mean either just so/so.

The Room:

Newly remodeled, has two queen beds, a drawer unit with a tv, a desk and chair and a closet with iron. There was a dressing area where the mirror was and the sink was outside the bathroom. The bathroom was dark , VERY DARK and misty. The shower curtain was a horrid color and when you shut the curtain it was pretty much dark in the shower since the light was on the other side of the shower . Water pressure was good and the water warmed up very well. Tub was enough for me to take a bath (I'm 5'9 and not fat) A/C worked well and was somewhat new.

The reason we chose this hotel was the "FREE" Wireless internet. This was a JOKE!

The speed of the wireless I would say is half then 9600baund modem! You could not browse the web nor could you send/receive your email with out it taking more then fifteen minutes. Not to mention the service would drop at a constant rate. So if you need wireless I would suggest you either order them to put you in a room where the signal is strong at least. By the way, they do not offer any type of free anything when it comes to breakfast. A cup of coffee, orange juice, muffin and fruit is 7.50 plus 17% tax and a 1.50 service charge. I believe your better off paying full price in Disneyland! (you forgot to mention there was a coffee maker in the room with complimentary coffee)

Now the bug issue: It's easy they don't have any from what I saw. As soon as I got into the room I went through every corner and nook including behind the bed and furniture with a flash light and found nothing. No little holes , no poop , nothing . I think this reviewer was just upset about his experience and tried to get them where it hurts. When you mention bugs, that’s never a good thing.

All in all we paid 59.00 for this room on a Holiday weekend during a sold-out time. Would I stay here again? NO... just because of the location. I like the hotels RIGHT across the street from the parks. It's most likely the closest full service hotel from Disneyland or at least the parking garage anyway ;)

by TripAdvisor Member IslandTravelr

Me and my family stayed at this hotel duriing the whole christmas vacation during this whole period our stay it was nothing but great hospitality from the whole staff. The food was excellent in the resteraunt. When we needed anything a Mr Sam at the front desk took care of us as if we were family. Rooms are very cozy and the Silver saloon staff was great as well. Me and my family will definetly stay here again thank you Sam for everything.

SUPERB Staff and Service!

by TripAdvisor Member MLD31

A five-star service at a 3 star hotel. We stayed here for a couple of nights to attend a conference at the convention center. There was a FREE shuttle taking us back and forth. It is on a quiet street so you avoid all the noises and cars. ALL the staff we encoutered were courteous and professional. I mean ALL. Room was very clean and roomy. For the price, this was a bargain. If you do not mind the shuttle to go to the convention, this hotel is a great deal!

It's just "okay"

by TripAdvisor Member chris248

I had booked a king non-smoking room over 5 months ago. To my surprise, we were given a room with two single beds. This was a second honeymoon for my wife and I. After coming down to the front desk, we were told that nothing could be done.

Kids will run the halls all night, screaming, slamming and otherwise being loud. I realize that it's close to Disneyland, but it was getting out of hand.

On our last day, we had to catch an early flight so we ordered room service. They even called to confirm our order which we had placed on the door the night before. Much to our surprise, only 1/2 of what we had ordered was delivered and the bananna was rotten. After speaking with the manager and having her look over our order, she was very nice and did give us a gift bag with various snacks and beverages for the long flight home-which was very nice of her. (Thanks again) :)

The hotel is located on a quiet street and there is a Subway and Taco joint inside of a convience store less than a block away which is nice. The hotel is also on the Ahaheim Resort Tranist for Disney which was also convienent.

I will stay here again only if nothing else is available.

Nice hotel

We stayed at this hotel for a week over Spring Break. We were very pleasantly surprised. The room was OK, nothing exceptional, but it was very quiet at night. There were several groups of teens/tweeners booked onto our floor at the same time as us and we never heard them at night. Hard to believe that they were being quiet!!!!

The rooms were very clean. Yes, the bathtub was very dark when the shower curtain was drawn. Big deal.

We seemed to get several newspapers each day, most of which went unread, but nice touch anyway.

The restaurant was perfect for breakfast. We got down there around 8:00 each morning and apparently just beat the crowd each day. We arrived later on the last day and were kept waiting about 30 minutes to get a table. The serving staff was wonderful. There was however, a funny, officious little man acting as the host who really served no purpose whatsoever other than going out of his way to annoy the staff. Food at breakfast was good. Had one dinner there, really not to my taste. The single drawback to this hotel is that you are truly in a residential area, so with the exception of a Subway, there are no other restaurant choices within easy walking distance. It was handy to have the convenience store at the same location as the Subway to get snacks, beer etc.

The walk to Disneyland was far easier than posted by others on this site. Even with a 6 year old and a 9 year old in tow, it only took about 10 minutes to get to the parking lot trams. Once on the trams, they took you right to the gates of both parks.

We would likely try to get a hotel on Harbour next visit just for the ability to eat at different restaurants.

Couple of other tips about the area: Don't eat at Captain Kidd's just outside the gates on Harbour. Vile, vile food. And don't go out of your way to get to the Block at Orange Mall. Really depressed retail situation. Only saving grace there was we had our first ever Krispy Kreme donuts.

Random thoughts: In a country populated by a great number of overweight people, what is the attraction to putting weigh scales that require money to operate at various locations in a mall? Similarly, at Innoventions in Disneyland, you really should not step on the scale which reports your weight on various planets (including Earth!!) if you are going to tip the scales at twice what your body type should be.

Noisy, noisy, noisy, but a nice suite.

by TripAdvisor Member Lonna_LB

My mistake was not finding out which building/floor/exact room previous reviewers who rated this joint "quiet" stayed. We were on the 6th floor of Building 3, DEFINITELY not a quiet building/floor/room.

On the up side, we were able to check in early, around 2 pm and the suite was great. The sitting room was as large as a standard room and had a big TV, HBO, desk, sofa and chair. The bar area had padded stools, microwave and fridge. On the down side, even though we were in a non-smoking suite, the sitting room and pillows smelled smoky.

We fell asleep just after the Disneyland fireworks stopped at 10 pm, but were rudely awakened just after midnight when the Disneyland crowd returned, then again after 2 am when the nightclub crowd returned, then again just after 4 am when a wedding party returned.

I called the front desk once after the Disneyland crowd returned. He said he'd send someone, but if anyone came it didn't stop the noise. With only catnaps in between yelling, banging, running, etc. I would NEVER stay here again and would only recommend it to someone who does not consider sleeping a priority.

Comments