Holiday Inn Buena Park

HolidayInn.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Buena Park

Nice stay

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel on our Disneyland trip. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was friendly, especially the bell captains who shuttled us to Disneyland. (Jacob during the day and Benny at night)
The food in the restaurant was ok. There is a Denny's across the street that I suggest you eat at instead. There is also a Fuddrucker's and Subway next door and a Target across the street if you need essentials.

This Is Really 1.5 Star Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jessica

Do not stay here, dirty, old and disgusting.
1) I was charged twice, and they refused to refund my money until today. My Visa company had to fight it for me, and withheld the funds after three months. They have not even replied to any of my letters, emails, telephone calls, e.t.c. I even wrote to the head office of Holiday Inn, apparently it is franchised, so there was nothning they could do. When we checked out, the check-out staff gave me a reciept showing $0.00 that everything has been prepaid before we checked-in, but they sneakily charged me again for almost $1000. I did read a similar story from someone who had the same problems with them.

2) We stayed at this hotel during xmas 2005 for what is supposed to be four days,. We checked in on the 29th to check-out on the 2nd Jan. We eventually left early to move into the Hyatt which is much much better. When we first checked into the Holiday Inn, we met the manager, the hotel seems lovely with a large roaring fireplace, and grand piano (which my kids loved,) We were informed that we were being upgraded being a member of their Priority Club member. If we were inded upgraded, God knows what the regular rooms must have looked like. The rooms was just okay, nothing special. Our rooms were not cleaned for two days, and we had to go and call the cleaning ladies after the second night upon our return from Disney, with everyone shattered and tired, looking forward to a nice rest, we had to hang around, while they clean. The common parts are always dirty. Seriously the streets are cleaner. They do have cleaners, as we do see them chatting in groups, but they obvisouly just run their vacuum cleaner and dont bother to clean properly. I cannot imagine any public place being left like that. There was a nappy left by god knows who, and it was there for at least 2 days before anyone picked it up. we were so grossed out. My children refused to use the pool or the jacuzzi. The staff at the reception were very nice, pleasant, but i think the problems is much deeper. I dont think anyone actually takes full resonsibility or ownership of the hotels, unless the managers just sit in their office and wouldnt walk around the hotel. It is not just because it is old, I have stayed in may old hotels, but very clean.

I read somewhere that this hotel was the Winner of the Quality Excellence Award. I do not know what they based this award on, should have been winner of the worst 3* hotel.

The only good thing about the hotel is the free shuttle.

Never ever coming back.

Just what we expected

by TripAdvisor Member abbyndrewmom

This hotel was excatly what I would expect from a Holiday inn. The room was a typical Holiday Inn room with two beds and a bathroom. It was a non-smoking room and it was clean with no musty smell. The room was very quite we did not hear any other guests. The lobby was big and looked very nice. The front desk staff were very effecient and I had no problem picking up a package that had arrived at the hotel for me ahead of time.

This hotel is right off of Highway 90, about 2 blocks to Knotts Berry Farm and 15 minutes to Disneyland. I thought the hotel was closer to Disney but it was really not a problem as long as you took surface streets in the morning and avoided the freeways!! Coming home at 10:00 pm it only took us 10 minutes on the freeway. There is a Target right across the road from this hotel and a variety of restaurants in the area.

The pool was very large and deep which was great for my children but might be worrisome for people with younger children. I found the pool area to be clean, the pool furntirue was older but still functional and seemed to be enough for everyone. There were lots of towels available on the pool deck.

Overall for the price this hotel was excatly what I expected it to be. if you are expecting anything more than your typical Holiday Inn you will be dissappointed. However if you are looking for someplace to call home while exploring Southern California for the price this is a great option.

Wonderful stay exceeded expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member Iluvkids

I booked this stay through Priceline for $54 a night, two rooms for a total of six nights. I came here and read the reviews and was rather dismayed thinking our vacation would be ruined. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I immediately called their customer service manager Rosemary and she assured me she would make sure we had a wonderful vacation. Upon our arrival at one in the afternoon a few days later she made good on her promise putting us in connecting non smoking rooms as requested. We had one room with a king size bed and sofa sleeper and a connecting room with two queens overlooking the HUGE swimming pool. The rooms were immaculate, nicely furnished, lots of towels, toiletries and the best beds we have ever slept on. The bathrooms had fantastic showers, some of the best I have experienced with great pressure and constant tempatures.
We swam at the pool each day and that was a highlight of the trip for our four children. One day it was undergoing maitenance and they arranged ahead of time for us to use the pool of the Hampton Inn next door. There were always plenty of towels at the pool for our use. There is a hot tub and a baby wading pool as well.
We ate several meals in the Ventana hotel resturant where kids eat free up to age twelve. We fed four kids and two adults at each meal for about $20 including tip. Jill served us most often and she was just a dream, she was like a grandma to the kids and gave them all the juice, milk and anything else they wanted. She made sure my husband had his coffee every morning even though we showed up after the complimentary morning coffee had been cleared away (0700-0930 weekdays). She gave us to go cups and just went above and beyond to make our meals special. She even got the cook to make Mickey Mouse pancakes one morning that were not on the menu.
The housekeepers were wonderful, we had clean sheets everyday and lots and lots of towels were left for us. They even folded our pajamas and put them on our pillows.
The location is one of the best we have stayed in. Easy on and off to the I-5 and 91 lets you get to DLR and other locations in minutes. We took Beach Ave to Huntington Beach in about fifteen minutes over city streets. There are dozens of stores and resturants of every kind nearby and the cheapest gas stations we saw in the area.
The area is very clean and feels very safe. Much cleaner than the DLR area.
We did not use the shuttle service because we prefer to drive. The bell captain offered and seemed very polite.
The hotel was very quiet at all times and we were never bothered by noise despite being poolside on the second floor. We are very sensitive to this and were able to sleep through the night until nine am.
The air conditioners were the best I've seen for wall units. They ran continiously and kept an even tempature. I hate it when you get the ones that cycle on and off all night. These were perfect and well maintained.
Lots of tv channels to choose from. We did not try the Internet or other optional services but nice to know they were available.
They could improve a bit on keeping up the yards, staircases and halls. They feel a bit dated and there is some trash in the stairwells. Not enough to ruin our stay.
The hotel laundry was small and the dryers were not as hot as we like so we used the laundrymat across the street one day. They said they would fix the dryers. Overall the employees were very responsive to our concerns.
Overall I rate this hotel a 10 and would gladly stay again. It is comparable to a Hampton Inn, Homewood or any of the places surrounding DLR. Actually much nicer than some of the places closer to the park. More like the Garden Grove area but cleaner.
For those going to Knott's this hotel is very easy walking distance.

One of our favourite places

by TripAdvisor Member allielou

For the price this hotel cannot be beaten. We have stayed here at least 8 times and love it. The position is good, the rooms have everything you need and the pool area is excellent. The reception and service is also very good. If you want a good quality hotel at a good price this one is perfect.

Just Okay

by TripAdvisor Member btowndude

I booked this hotel room via Priceline to attend a convention in nearby Cerritos. I did not know that this hotel was just two blocks from the Knotts theme park and it was Halloween weekend with lots of teens walking and driving in the area. My room was nice and clean, but faced the freeway and looked down on the offramp, which had a traffic light. The sounds of braking and accelerating were pretty constant. Restaurants looked good, but did not eat on the premises. There were too many nicer restaurants in the area. Parking was a problem during the day, not at night. Access in and out of the hotel was difficult because of the dividers in the street. Overall, this is not a bad hotel, if you stay on the north side away from the freeway.

Great Value !

by TripAdvisor Member TravilinMom

We booked the Holiday Inn a few months in advance thru AAA and got a great rate. There were some issues with the reservation on AAA part and the hotel was just great in working with me and following up. On the advice of a TripAdvisor member, I requested a room not facing the freeway and the front desk had already reserved a nice room overlooking the courtyard. The room was very nice and clean. It was very quiet also. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were traveling with two kids age 3 and 1, and I felt better than usual about letting them crawl around on a hotel room floor, because it was that clean. There was no Refrig or Microwave, but we knew this before arrival. We travel with a small 6 pack cooler and keep milk, etc. for the kids in that when no fridge in the room. We were still able to feed them cereal and granola bars for breakfast and the room had a coffee maker for us. We ordered Room Service for breakfast one morning, and I have to say they give you a lot of good, hot food for the price. Overall, I hope to stay at this Hotel next time we are in Buena Park, if we can obtain an affordable rate once again.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DNLeeper

This hotel was definitely a great value for the [--] money. It's a nicely located Holiday Inn in Buena Park, CA. The parking lot is a bit tricky to get in and out of, but for the most part, easy to navigate. If you are interested in Knotts Berry Farm, you are only a mile or so away from the main gate. The rooms were extremely clean, the beds were comfortable, and the television had an alarming number of channels and pay-per-view movies. For the weary business traveler, it was definitely a nice stop.

A really nice stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member DeeLou

We just got back from our trip to California and it was absolutely wonderful. The Holiday Inn was a great place to stay. The staff were always so helpful and kind. I was shocked the first night we were there the front desk actually called us to make sure that everything was o.k. I've never had that happen a hotel!! We ate at the hotel restaurant and we liked it. The kids ate free...so with two adults we usually ended up spending around $20 (tip included). The hotel has a nice workout area...two treadmills, two bikes and some weight machines. The pool was really nice and my kids had a great time playing in there. I also used the laundry area to wash some clothes....if you think you will use it bring a roll of quarters....there aren't any change machines. Also, the rooms were very nice. The beds were really comfortable....I slept so well which never happens at a hotel. Overall, I really loved this place. The one and only negative thing I have to say about it is that it is in a difficult spot. When we would come back to the hotel we would have to drive down the street and make a U turn to get into the parking lot. But as long as you don't mind that I think you will find this hotel to be a great place to stay!

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member whimbrelboy

Excellent Hotel, Friendly helpful Staff, Nice pool for the Children, One point to note, rooms facing the I91 Highway are a little noisey.Otherwise faultless

Comments