435 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Hotel Indigo Anaheim
IHG Booking.com Orbitz.com

• CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Affordable Hotel for a Disneyland Trip

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Anaheim the day before Thanksgiving and I was pleasantly surprised to get a rate of $103 per night (with AAA discount) on the night before a holiday! My sister, husband, and I stayed there after a trip to Disneyland, which is a 15 minute walk from the hotel. In general, I love staying at Holiday Inn Express because they’re clean and affordable. Ever since they launched their “Simply Smart” motto, they give you two sets of pillows labeled “soft” and “firm” and they don’t put those nasty comforters on the bed that never get washed. They also have nice towels and basic toiletries. Plus a good free breakfast! The room at the Holiday Inn Express Anaheim was much larger than other Holiday Inn Express rooms that I’ve stayed in before and the bathroom was larger as well. The hotel is located on a street with a ton of other hotels and restaurants so there isn’t much of a view. Parking was free in a gated structure below the hotel and it is only accessible with a room key. Since most of the guests are going to Disneyland, there are a lot of families at the hotel. The outdoor pool area was packed and breakfast time was a little crowded. But for the price, cleanliness, and space, it’s a great deal for a hotel near Disneyland.

Unique Quality: 15-minute walk to Disneyland, outdoor pool and jacuzzi, free breakfast

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Close and VERY NICE

Holiday Inn Express -- 'main gate'
    low cost alternative within walking distance of Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Center

I really like this property!

Unique Quality: Four Story Award-winning Hotel with 104 over-sized rooms, and suites have views of the Disneyland Park fireworks display. Prime location-One block from the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park. 1/4 mile from the Anaheim Convention Center. Hotel is all non-smoking and has handicap equipped accommodations. All rooms and suites have refrigerators, AM/FM clock radios, remote controlled TV with newest movies and sports . The rooms have TWO phones, the suites have Three (even one in the bath).

Directions: The Disney Area

More about Holiday Inn Express Maingate

Great Value!!! Free parking and free breakfast.

by TripAdvisor Member mi_sapphire

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate on Monday and Tuesday, March 27 - 28, 2006. There was four of us and with the advance purchase, we paid $204.84 for 2 nights including taxes etc. I also joined the Priority Club Rewards on their website and I had cookies and a bottle of water waiting for me when I arrived.

- Not a fancy hotel, but clean.
- Close to Disneyland, about .25 miles
- Nice/safe location
- Staff was extremely helpful and friendly
- Continental breakfast was awesome! Always fully stocked. There was cold cereal, coffee, juices, hot chocolate, muffins, cinnamon rolls, hard boiled eggs, toast, fresh fruit etc.
- Free parking
- Computer with internet access in the lobby for guests.
- 2 washers and 2 dryers, coin operated for guests.

Only negative is that the laundry soap dispensers did not work. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and had soap to purchase at the front desk.

I highly recommend this hotel. I was in California for about a week and stayed at other hotels if you would like to look at those reviews.
Area/Hotels:

Los Angeles(LAX Airport) - Marriott Renaissance Montura
North Hollywood - Holiday Inn, Beverly Garland
Huntington Beach - Best Western Huntington Beach Inn
Long Beach - The Coast Long Beach Hotel

Best Staff Ever -

This was the BEST of the BEST of the hotels that I have ever stayed in - The STAFF goes out of their way to help you and make you their primary focus. When visiting the area again - Holiday Inn Express Maingate is my choice!

Tammy was the greatest!!!!

Family of four just returning after a week at Disneyland, Knotts Berry farm and San Diego Seaworld.
We arrived to the Holiday Inn Express on Saturday afternoon and their were severel people checking in. Tammy took her time with each and every guest equally when it came my turn she explained the hotel to us continental breakfast served 6:30-9:30, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, laundry area. She then gave us our room number and we headed off to check it out. When we arrived at our room it was on the third floor looking over street I informed Tammy that we wanted to see fireworks and she quickly changed our room to the other side of building. When I went to ask questions she was always quick to answer and make our stay the best. She arranged a trip to San Diego quickly and sent us on our way. I am so glad to see smiling faces like this, it makes hectic vacations with kids more pleasent.
This hotel was in walking distance of Disneyland, the ART system also offers a daily pass for $3. kids 9 and under free. After a long day a Disney it was worth it.
The continetal breakfast was well stocked. Fresh fruit, bagels, cinnamon rolls, coffee, tea hot choclate.
The pool is outdoors as well as the hot tub a few nights the tub and pool were a little chilly but upon telling management it did heat up.
The only thing that we saw that could of been better was the daily maid service they don't clean your room till after all the daily departures are cleaned, therefore, in the afternoon when we took a break with kids our room was not cleaned on two days. The maid did come around 3:30 but kids were sleeping so I chose fresh towels and she did garbages but not beds my chose due to kids resting.
The parking was free and underground behing gates.
We look forward to returning and staying here again.

not what the reviews cracked it up to be!

My daughters retainers were missing from the room and the maid was the only one with access to them( probably thrown away because they were sitting on a napkin in the bathroom.) The manager didn't think their maid had any part in it because she said she didn't, but I would not be so angry except I know for a fact that, I saw them personally in the bathroom before leaving the room.
The ceiling in the laundry room started leaking on clothes that I had already washed and dried so I ended up having to dry them again. The leak was coming out of one of the light bulbs and after we told the front desk all they did was put caution tape over the dryer. By the way it took at least 3 hours just to do the laundry because the dryers worked horribly.
Very over-rated hotel and awful customer service!!!!

it was ok

by TripAdvisor Member j1sy

This was a good hotel. I enjoyed the breakfast that was offered. I have to say if you are above the first floor the elevator is a major pain. There is only one elevator for a big hotel. I had to wait 5-10 min just to get on the elevator. Alot of that has to do with kids playing with the elevator. I am tired of waiting for ANY elevator in my life now. They book teenagers alot it seems, without adult supervision. Teenagers+elevators= TROUBLE. The cleaning staff also think they are more important than you. I will stay here again unless i hear that there are alot of self centered teen agers there.

Nice Value

My husband, son, and our former German exchange student (and his girlfriend) stayed here for 1 night. I was pleasantly surprised upon check-in to find out that we were upgraded to a family suite( due to the fact we are Priority Club members-it is free to sign up for membership). However, the Family Suite wasn't quite what I imagined. It isn't much more than a double bed room with a mini-fridge/microwave. So if you are looking for a true Family Suite with two living spaces, and more of a true suite style, I would go elsewhere. Another plus was that we did receive a bottled water and some nice cookies.

Once again, the Anaheim HIExpress proved to have the same amenities as the other ones I have stayed in. The breakfast area consisted of yogurt, bagels/breads, muffins, cereals, juices,fruits, and their signature cinammon rolls (yum!).

The room itself seemed to be pretty usual. I would recommend updating the carpet throughout the hotel. It is a little thin and wearing more in the halls.

Overall a comfortable , clean stay, with a nice welcoming staff!

Nice Family Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MoeMom

My 10 year old son and I just got back from a 4 day stay at this hotel. We arrived late on a Sunday night, and the gentleman at the front desk took time to explain all the hotel had to offer (complimentary breakfast, pool, how to get to Disneyland, etc.). He had also honored my request for a room on a high floor with a view of the fireworks. He gave us room on the 4th floor with a wonderful view of the fireworks. We were also upgraded to a room with a couch, refrigerator and microwave since I'm a Priority Club Member.

The breakfast is very good and kept well stocked. It is busy at all times that it's offered. If you want a hot breakfast, there's a Denny's and IHOP on your way to Disneyland.

The pool is heated but rather small. My son certainly had a good time swimming after an evening at the parks.

There is only one elevator at this hotel. We experienced no problems with it and never had to wait very long for it.

The beds are very comfortable. The bathroom was large with wonderful towels. We couldn't hear any noise coming from the other rooms; however, we did occasionally hear noise out in the halls. But that was never too bad.

It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the parks. I thought that we would use the trolley to come back to the hotel after a tiring day at the parks, but we didn't need it. The walk to and from the hotel is very easy.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

It's a Bug's Life Part II - Not a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel

We have relied on Tripadvisor for several hotel stays and the comments have been true to life and accurate.......but this Holiday Inn Express is dirty, old, musty, dreary and will drive you to spend most of your time outside the hotel grounds. The hotel is close to Disneyland but as far as I can tell, that is it's only quality; and Holiday Inn knows this. The carpets were stained, there were roaches in the hallways, there was mold in the bathroom, the rooms were worn out and outdated. The exterior of the hotel had been refreshed recently however. We were supposed to stay a week, but one night was all we could bear. Then it was off to the Hyatt for a wonderful stay. A place like this sure makes you appreciate a nice, clean, well lit hotel room.
All we could think of as we constructed our barrier against the roach intrusion was "how was this hotel ranked so high on trip advisor?" It has definitely shaken my confidence in this site and content. The staff was nice and professional but you just cant get "Excellent" out of a moldy, dark, worn out, outdated, insect ridden facility.

Comments