Hotel Menage

1221 South Harbour Boulevard, (formerly "Holiday Inn"), Anaheim, California, 92805, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• iPad Stolen, terrible service

Me and my girlfriend stayed at hotel menage in june 2011. Pool area is nice but we booked a king bed room but got a queen and handicap room! Service was terrible, bad mood and not willing to help! Got my iPad stolen from hotel menage too. Called for room service to get my room cleaned and left my iPad on the bed and when we came back later that day the iPad was no where to be seen and we looked all over the room. So we went down to let the hotel know and they barley helped and did anything and blamed it all on us and said they couldnt do much. So we looked all over the room again on our last day and couldnt find it so told them again and wrote a report and all they said was well there was only two keys using to your room, your key and the maid, so its pretty damn obvious that she took it. And been trying to get some help after and trying to get them to cover it but what they say about it is just embarrassing!!! So be very careful with your personal stuff if you are gonna stay at this hotel but I recommend not to. It very very bad service! Bad restaurant service too. Super thin walls too, we heard our neighbours every night!

Stayed June 2011

Unique Quality: Terrible service overall

More about Hotel Menage

Anaheim's Hip Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member 808Chinagirl

We had the most wonderful 2 week family vacation with our two girls--ages 8 & 12! Hotel Menage has captured that edgy, hip -California Chic style. We are from Hawaii and upon our arrival we were offered bottled water! Forget the cookies, the water really hit the spot! We were impressed that the front desk was very friendly and helpful to all our needs that we had. We had received 2 - newly remodeled adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor with a fantastic view of the poolside. Our daughters were in heaven. We were also happy that we were able to get a refrigerator in our room.
We hosted an intimate party in the New York & Zen room. I highly recommend booking a party in a theme room. Our catering managers went above and beyond to help us make our event a true success! They were very detail oriented. The menu selection was delicious. We were pleased that the staff delivered excellent service that evening!
There is alot of availiable parking for the hotel. The parking lot area is well lit at night and safe.
Disneyland is within walking distance but they do have an Anaheim bus service for you.
The K'ya restaurant was a good option for our family with tasty food, reasonable prices and friendly service.
Overall, our family had a fabulous, relaxing stay at Hotel Menage. The ambiance of the hotel is very stylish. Far from the ordinary. Great lasting impressions for our family. We highly recommend this hotel to our friends, family and business associates!

Loved the room

by TripAdvisor Member disneyfanca

I stayed at Hotel Menage from 8/8 thru 8/11.

I requested a room on the 5th floor so I didn't have to listen to the music and I got a really nice room with a king bed. The room was very comfortable and the bed was heavenly.

The bathroom was ok, nothing exceptional. Mine was clean and the shower head worked fine. The bathroom door closed inside so it was a bit inconvenient but I got used to it.

I also swam laps in the pool and the water was clean and cool at 8am.

The only reason I gave this hotel 4 was the noise from highway 5. From inside the room, you could hear an echo but not much noise, the room was very well insulated. However, as you stepped outside your room, the noise was deafening. If the outside noise doesn't bother you. then I recommend this hotel.

The concierge was friendly and helpful.

Parking at the hotel was $10/a day.

If you don't want to drive, there is a bus going to Disneyland and you pay $3/a day instead of parking in Disneyland for $11.

I forgot my cell phone charger and asked them to send it to me and they said that they would have to send it COD. Is this normal? I don't know since this is the first time I forget something at the hotel.

Hope this information helps.

40th Birthday Party

by TripAdvisor Member nikkita60

I threw a 40th birthday party for a friend at Hotel Menage and have to say that we had a great experience. Mark Biery in the Catering Department worked with me directly to set up the party and and I have to say that he went out of his way to accomodate our requests and to make sure we were happy. We rented a couple of cabanas by the pool for the day and had our own server; everyone had a wonderful time. The hotel does not show pictures of the pool area on its website so I was a little unsure about it; however, it really is a very lovely and tropical setting with super comfortable chaise lounges and chairs. Although some of the people that attended the birthday party did not stay at the hotel, some of us did and very very pleased with the rooms. We had loft king rooms with a pool view so it was convenient to go from the pool to the room whenever necessary. Overall the room was very nice and suited our needs just fine. After the pool festivities we went to the restaurant on site called K'YA, which was pretty good. The staff there was very accomodating and the service was good. I'm looking forward to having my own birthday party there next year and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Not quite there yet...

by TripAdvisor Member Laurentina

Hotel Menage claims to be the first boutique hotel in Anaheim but it is not what one would expect from a Ian Schrager Hotel or even a W. The hotel was recently renovated from a motel to give the establishment a more modern and upscale look. While the pictures on the website depicts a ultra chic, 4 star hotel, in reality it was a different story. The trouble started when I checked in. The reservations I made online could not be retrieved from the hotel computer. Then I was told that my pool view loft was not available for some reason. While the hotel staff was trying to find another room for me, another guest was having problems with his reservations as well. It turns out that the hotel had a wedding going on that night and chaos broke out at the front desk. The unfortunate gentleman had his room "given" away to another person with the same last name. In the midst of this madness, I was told that the only loft room available is the one with "city" views. I agreed to it after inquiring about a discount for the confusion. I stayed 2 nights at $88 + plus and parking instead of $109. I was more satisfied afterwards thinking that I was getting a bargain but I was wrong. The location of the room was directly in front of an elevator and in between a couple of steel gates. To make matters worse, it was right next to the wedding party!!! Once I stepped inside, my husband and I thought we were in a room designed by "Trading Spaces". The color schemes and overall decor is very sophisticated but the details were horrific up close. It looked like a couple of teenagers painted the room with poorly patched up walls. The only impressive element was the flat screen TV. I had to remind myself that it only cost $88 (after negotiating with the front desk) and it shouldn't expect much. It was a bargain and the close proximity to Disneyland was great. But since the property is located right next to I-5, the noise level from every single room is deafening. In short, don't be fooled by the pictures on the website. This place is not quite the boutique hotel that it wants to be yet.

Don't let the lobby fool you - It's a Total Dive

by TripAdvisor Member Mika047

We stayed there in May 2007 for one night. We walked in to find a beautiful lobby and friendly staff.

When we got to our room, it was like a completely different hotel. The room was musty with dirty carpet - there appreared to be blood stains near the sink area. The bathroom was completely DISGUSTING.

It wasn't that cheap either - we paid $200 for the ONE NIGHT.

It looks like they put all the renovation money into the bar area, lobby, and pool. The actual rooms are completely nasty!

Not all it is cracked up to be

by TripAdvisor Member macnchz

The hotels website is fantastic, first of all - they must have hired a fancy photographer to make the property look that good. When you actually get there you know immediatly it is a remodeled Holiday Inn. It is nice, dont get me wrong - but it was not what I was expecting at all, especially after viewing the website.
My husband & I brought along our little chihuahua/pug mix dog & it is nice they accept pets, but I was suprised when I checked in, dog in tow, that I was given no guidelines as to where to take the dog to go potty, not to take the dog to the pool, leave her in the room unattended, etc.
I think they spent alot of money on the room furnishings though, as they were very nice - but the fixtures, such as the tub, sink and toilet were old and seemed out of place with all the new items.
We stayed in what they called the "studio loft with a pool view" that had polished concrete floors & an open ceiling. The pool view was a view of the far end of the pool chairs and the floor was okay, although it was super obvious that all they did was pull the carpet up and slap a coat of sealant on the floor.
The best thing about this place was the front row view of the Disney Land fire works, supurb!
All in all, it was just okay. Would I stay here again? No.

Hip and Attractive Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Fuzzy850

This hotel is a Hip hotel that the young or young attitude will like. It's very modern, romantic and it amazing this use to be a Holiday Inn. Management did a outstanding job and I will stay here again. The pool was not busy and had palm trees everywhere. The hotel is like a cross between Vegas and Cabo. Only complaint is that the wireless internet didn't work, though they do have internet in their bussiness center.

Great hip atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member jcentanni

I thought this place was a great option for Anaheim. It is a refreshing change from the "disney" type hotels known for the area. My husband and I attended his 30 year high school reunion. Our room had just been remodeled and it was nice. Clean and stylish. It is a bit of a party atmosphere and right next to the 5 so not real quite but we were never bothered by it while in our rooms. The pool is open 24 hours which is pretty cool. The staff was very nice the entire time. I will stay here again.

it was cool at the menage

by TripAdvisor Member dannyboy760

the room was pretty cool i was not expecting a 42 inch plasma when i walked into the room. the only thing that bothered me a little bit was the loud music and parking when we came back from Disneyland i dont know why the gave all that parking to people going to the bar instead of saving our parking space yeah they did have someone vallet park the car for me but overall it was a pleasant stay and i would recomend this Hotel to anyone that would want to pay a little less for a lot more

Best Hotel Near Disneyland

by TripAdvisor Member rheediego

I stayed at this hotel cause it was near Disneyland. It's got an excellent resturaunt for dinner and breakfast.. The lobby is very modern and it has a great bar with friendly staff. My son loved the swimming pool and the tiki bar and bungalows around the pool makes it a very relaxing atmosphere.

Even if you're not going to Disneyland, is a great location in Anaheim and easy access to main freeway.

The rooms look new and clean. Especially liked the HD flat panel televisions in each room.

The hotel is well made for families and younger people who want to have a good time.

Oh....at night you get a great view of the fireworks from Disneyland by the Tiki bar and pool.....very nice!

Will stay again.