La Quinta Inn And Suites Anaheim

1752 Clementine St., (formerly Hawthorn Suites), Anaheim, California, 92802, United States
La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim Disneyland
Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 55% more and rated 17% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about La Quinta Inn And Suites Anaheim

Creepiest Stay Ever

I can affirm some of the negatives already described in the other reviews, but I must add one that might give you pause if you still have thoughts of staying here.

We were booked in a suite with two TV's. On the third night of our stay, we came back late from a day at Disneyland to discover that someone had been in our room without our permission. We had left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door when we left, but, upon returning, we noticed that somebody had swapped one of the two TV remote controllers for a different one. The one that had been taken was very distinctive, particularly because of the black electrical tape that was wrapped around the battery compartment. That remote had been replaced with a different model--left where the other one had been, with no note from the hotel staff.

I called the night desk clerk and asked who had been in our room, and I told him about the swapped remotes, the giveaway that our privacy had been violated. He said he didn't know who had been in our room, but said he'd leave a note for the day shift explaining what had happened. The next day, nobody from the staff contacted our room. We checked out that morning.

I don't know why--with no request from us--that remote was swapped for another, but it occurred to me that it might have been a pretext for invading the room. Nothing was stolen, but we were creeped-out by the knowledge that someone had entered our room in our absence.

We LOVED our stay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member IdahoTravelers

I have to say that when I read all of the reviews, we were nervous (to say the least). We booked our Disneyland trip to stay 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel (to utilize the unlimited FastPasses – which, if you have not looked into this, you should), and 7 nights at the La Quinta. (June 2nd through June 11th.)

Everything was great. We booked the “Family Suite” which had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a sitting room. There were 3 televisions - one in each of the bedrooms, and one in the sitting room. The rooms were extremely clean, even the bathrooms were spotless. My husband and I had a king sized bed, and our children’s room had 2 queens. (I believe the couch in the sitting room also folded out to a double, but we didn’t use it).

Contrary to what I have read, there were plenty of towels, the rooms were HUGE, the beds were clean and comfortable, and there were more than enough pillows. The staff was SO courteous! (Thank you Martin and Caesar!) It was everything we needed and wanted for our stay.

Any stay at a hotel is bound to have it’s mishaps. We had three, all of which were remedied IMMEDIATELY and without catastrophe.

The ONLY thing that I saw as an issue would be the parking. The parking lot holds I’m guessing 100 cars at best. It was never an issue for us because we were always back by 10:00, but I did see several cars a night having to leave the lot. I am guessing that they have overflow parking, but if you think you will be getting back late, you might want to check on this first.

I spoke with a member of their staff, and they said that they had indeed been going through some renovations over the last year, and that had caused some headaches in the past. I encourage anyone that is visiting Disneyland to consider this hotel. We would do exactly the same thing we did again: stay two nights at a Disneyland Resort Hotel to utilize the unlimited FastPasses, and then stay at a more affordable and roomy hotel for the remainder of our trip.

Dissappointed in La Quinta

The first night we were there we could not get any sleep for all the noise above us and out in the hall. We called to complain about the stomping above twice to no avail, then a repeat performance on the next night, so we quit calling knowing nothing would be done. This hotel looked great when we looked it up on the web but that is as far as it goes, the outside!! Once inside there are paper thin walls, dirty worn out couches, no fan in the bathrooms and the tubs won't plug so we had to give a shower to a 3 1/2 in a slippery tub (try that sometime!), drawers that won't even pull out, a table with only one chair, lamps that are loose and seem to us to be a dangerous accident waiting to happen! The pool is always cold plus it is under an alcove that has wind blowing through it all the time, could be a good thing on a hot day with all the smokers out there. During our stay the elevator was stuck with someone in it and no one seemed too excited. Considering the condition of the hotel we weren't going to get in it anyway, turned out to be a good thing! Breakfast buffet was in a clean pretty area but very lack luster, same ole same ole, apples and oranges, dry egg patties, bland dry cereal, really bad flavored water that was labeled "juice", a toaster that was so slow with the number of people there we never even bothered to try to use it!! We had to leave because a fire alarm went off, after that no one payed attention anymore so that seems like a bad situation also, staff acted like it was commonplace. A shuttle pass must be purchaced at the hotel in 1,2 or 4 day pass well we needed a three day one so wanted to buy a 1 and 2 pass but they were out of 1's so we bought the 2 and were assured we could get a 1 when we needed it. Our final day came and with 3 1/2 in tow we tried to buy a pass and were told the manger had gone to get some because they were out and wanted us to wait a half hour or more until he got back!! Were they crazy? Wife came unglued so I didn't have to and we were allowed to board the shuttle and pay for it later with the shuttle company (there is a machine at Disney to purchase the passes). The shuttle stop is around back in the parking lot (no shelter) and sometimes they stop on the street sometimes in the lot! Let's see now, oh yes, we were told we would get a call from the manager but never did but we do have his card!!

La Quinta -Not a Good Choice

I read the reviews on this site before our stay and then decided to stay here despite some of the negative views because there were some positive things.

I have to agree with the person who posted "this was my creepiest stay ever"! What a trip!

Good things:

I actually thought the breakfast was the best part of the stay despite someone else's comments. Although, my breakfast only consisted of cereal, milk and juice. My husband doesn't eat breakfast and my 7 year old twins were thrilled with all the choices. I was concerned that they didn't have coolers for the milk and simply left gallons of milk setting open on the shelf. I thought the orange juice tasted fresh and was excellent. For my family, the breakfast included as part of the stay is a very important part of the hotel so this went a longs way in offsetting all the negative aspects of the hotel.

The room set-up was great. The kids were located in the room away from the outside door with bunk beds and child size table and chairs. They had their own t.v. (although remote didn't work) and were separated by a closing french door.

Okay, here are some of the bad parts.

Swimming Pool: During our stay the pool was much warmer than I believe is normal or acceptable for a public pool. On our last day they posted a notice in the elevator that the pool was being closed for "emergency renovations". My son and I both came home with an inexplainable rash. Also, there were many people there drinking alcohol (not in obvious containers but you can tell) even though they had signs posted "no alcohol". I'm no adverse to drinking, but these people were obviously drunk and acting up.

Sticky spot on the floor: there were several in the room that we couldn't seem to get them to clean up - yuch! And on about the third day there (we stayed six nights) I found an old dirty sock (not ours!) under the edge of the bed!

Keys to Extra Things: Fitness Center: a big thing for me was being able to do my work-out. When I went to use it the first morning at about 6:30 am, I couldn't get in. I went down to the desk

- and here I have to go into another story - you can't get to the front desk from inside the hotel. I went up and down elevators and stairs and kept ending up at an outside exit. Finally, I went outside and walked around the corner and in through the front desk. I have to tell you that was pretty creepy and made me feel very unprotected at 6:30 in the morning! -

and the man there told me that sometimes the kids go in at night and lock it and they have to wait for the morning crew to open it. He said they would be there at 7 am. That didn't do me much good since I needed to be done with my work out and available to my kids by 7:30.

Another time I got lucky and caught a lady coming out who let me in and I was able to work out. I went back and forth in several discussions with the front desk personnel over being able to access the fitness center. I exercise early in the morning so the answer always was that they were the only one on staff and could not help me, despite the hotel's claim that they had a 24 hour fitness center. The really HILARIOUS part, after all was said and done, was that we had so many problems with the keys working correctly that it occurred to me that something was wrong with that. I gave a really good yank on the door to the fitness center and discovered that it was not locked at all, only tightly jammed. The reason the light wasn't coming on with my key is because it was open the entire time!

There were several other "creepy" things that I don't even want to go into. We purchased our package from Disney and had our Disneyland and transportation packages with the buses so didn't have the issue that others had with trying to buy it there at the hotel. I think having those things in advance was geat.

All in all, this hotel very dirty and creepy. I felt unsafe while we were there and it would have been worth the extra money to stay somewhere else.

great choice

by TripAdvisor Member katieinla

we stayed at the hotel for five days and throughly enjoyed it. the rooms were clean and spacious. the breakfast was plentiful and tasty. the staff very helpful. the shuttle easy and frequent. i would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Nice room but needs maintenance

2 room suite. Nice. Maintenance needs to go over this place. Door lock problem. Ice machine Problem. Bugs at night. Great parking area. Secure. TV volume problem. Would be a really good value if problems fixed. Reported problems to LaQuinta website.

Nasty and disgusting

I will never stay here again, it was the worst 4 nights I have stayed in a hotel in my entire life! Its flat out nasy and disgusting. The carpet is dirty, sticky and the rooms smell. I decided on this hotel because it was a two room suite. I thought the space would be great. I was wrong. The pool was nasy too and small. The water was dirty. Housekeeping does not do a good job and we didn't even make a mess and we pick up after ourselves. There was only three of us and we were never there. The breakfast is not good, you should not stay here just for the free breakfast. Its the same everyday, it never changes and the eggs were green. Yes, green, lol. We didn't eat the breakfast the last three mornings just to give you an idea how bad it is. The staff was nice, it was not their fault. The location is good, not too far from the park, but you can get closer and nicer for about the same price, trust me!!

best trip ever

I would definately stay here again. My family of 8 stayed over a month ago, and it was awesome
I read some reviews before going, so when I was actually in my suite, I looked for any examples of breakdown, big or small, and found nothing. I'm a professional painter, and I was very impressed with the paint job.
I loved staying there! The breakfast was good (not the greatest), but one of my favorite memories of the whole trip was having breakfast together as a family (my family is all over 20, by the way) before heading off to Disneyland for the day.

Nice clean comfortable hotel

My son (9years) & I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights.
Before leaving Australia I had read some of the reviews & was not expecting too much upon arrival. I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean and well maintained. The bed was new, extremely comfortable & everything worked except the hairdryer. When I mentioned this to staff it was replaced straight away.
The continental breakfast was fine with fresh fruit (apples, oranges & bananas). I loved having a guest laundry which was very clean & only $1 for washer & dryer. Vending machines & gift shop were also at this hotel. Will definitely be returning again.

One of the worst Hotel stays ever

O.K. here's the problems.

1. Lost my reservation.

2. Maids didn't clean room first 2 days there. Emptied garbage myself.

3. Holes and cracks in ceiling.

4. Towels on floor left for first two days there.

5. 3/4 in. Copper pipe protruding from ceiling in bathroom. Presumably draining from leak in ceiling?

6. Hotel called my room at 12:30 a.m. to request I pay the night before I was to check out, even though I requested to pay cash at the beginning to save myself the hassle of carrying large sums of cash around on trip and was told to pay at checkout.

7. Staff lied the whole time to our faces. First our room was not in the computer, and they had no vacancies of the double suite we ordered then when I suggested that they pay for the first night as it was their fault a double suite suddenly appears. Then when told about the housekeeping it was determined that we must have left the do not disturb sign on the door, though I've never used one in my life.

8. Many of the power outlets in room didn't work. I couldn't get my phone to charge in the room and needed to use my cell phone to meet up with my wife when they got into town.

9. Hotels phones didn't work for the first 3 days there. Which wouldn't have been so bad if my cell had a charge.

A bunch of junk representing my day at DisneylandA bunch of junk representing my day at Disneyland

Disney castleDisney castle

shopsshops

AGAIN ANOTHER DISNEY CHARACTER!AGAIN ANOTHER DISNEY CHARACTER!

Question for using Fastpass at Disneyland

by swdke

I understand that with the Fastpass system, you are provided with a return ticket with a time stamp providing a one hour timeframe to return. What if you arrive after the "stamped' time, or even several hours after the "stamped" time. I've read a little that they still permit you to enter that ride, or is this not true? Are they strict about that one hour period? Thanks.

RE: Question for using Fastpass at Disneyland

by southofla

They are VERY strict about the starting time, they will not let you use your FastPass before the starting time, not even a couple of minutes before. However, they do not really care about the ending time so if you go past that 1 hour window you will still be allowed on.

RE: RE: Question for using Fastpass at Disneyland

by Camping_Girl

Hi,

Try to get your Fast Passes as early as possible in the morning. They are good all day, after the start time on the Fast Pass.

If you want some more great info on DL, check out the book "Unofficial Guide to DL". I just bought the 2007 edition, and it is full of great tips and information, plus suggested itineraries to maximize your fun time and minimize your standing-in-line time. It even includes a bit of info on Universal Studios.

Comments