Lemon Tree Hotel Suites

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• toontown's Profile Photo

Great family accommodation

A one-bedroom suite at the Lemon Tree was perfect for a family of four. There was a fully equipped kitchen meant we could refrigerate drinks, make our own breakfast and pack a lunch before we headed out for the day. The hotel is clean, reasonably priced and has a nice pool and hot tub that we all enjoyed. It is a bit further away from Disneyland than some of the other hotels, but if you have a vehicle that is not an issue and the price is a lot better because of it.

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

Bit of a disappointment

We spent 8 days at the Lemon Tree #151 in Dec 06.It is far enough away from DL to escape when need be yet was only a 5 min drive.The check in staff was super friendly & helpful.

Our room had a queen bed & full kitchen. The bed was saggy.The room was nicely decorated, as was the lobby & grounds.We were well away from the street & experienced no traffic noise.

I had read complaints about the showers but we never had any problems with hot water or water pressure. The plumbing was another story.The toilet drain was partly clogged & always needed to be flushed 2 or 3 times before it would flush. After the toilet flushed water would back up into the kitchen sink & then slowly drain away.This was a daily occurence.When I mentioned it to the front desk staff one morning, they asked me if I needed a plunger to fix the drain!

The landscaping for the hotel property is really beautiful.There is an inner courtyard with a pond & fountain, a bbq & outdoor fireplace area,lots of trees & flowers. Our room had a private outdoor seating area,with a table & chairs.I really enjoyed sitting out here in the evenings with my wine & my laptop.The wireless internet connection worked perfectly.

The free breakfast consisted of pastries,hot & cold cereal,fruit,yogourt,juice, teas,coffee,hot choc.

I am not picky as far as hotels go but I noticed a few things that the hotel could brush up on.There were grimy hand prints on the doors & light switches, a build up of grime in the corners of the floor & I wondered about the cleanliness of the wood tables & cabinets with their very rough surfaces.The bed linens were not changed once.

The most disappointing part of our stay was that the website said the pool was heated & it was not.It was TOO cold even for us crazy Canadians!

The problems with our room were certainly not earth shattering & we never let it put a damper on our vacation.It was just disappointing since this hotel has the potential to be very classy, if they'd just pay a little more attention to the details.

Unique Quality: Very nice decor. This isn't a typical chain hotel. It is a very unique place.

There was a "freebie" bag in the bathroom when we arrived, which contained a disposable razor (very much appreciated, since I left my own at home!), a small tube of toothpaste, some gum, a short romance novel, a vitamin C drink and a couple of candies. I thought this was a nice touch.

On Christmas day when we returned to our room after a day's outing we found a bag of chocolates on the table with a small card that said "Merry Christmas from the Lemon Tree Hotel". This was another really nice touch.

They also have weekly and monthly rates which makes a longer stay a little more economical.

Directions: From Disneyland, go north on Harbour Blvd to Lincoln Avenue. Go east on Lincoln; it's about a four minute drive. You'll see the hotel on the right side of the road. It's just west of State College Blvd.

More about Lemon Tree Hotel Suites

Excellent value!!!

The Lemon Tree Hotel is an excellent value for the money. The room was good - we even cooked Thanksgiving dinner there. There is a pool, hot tub, exercise facility and laundry facility. A fine family atmosphere.

Best Hotel for a family to stay at near Disneyland

We have stayed at this hotel twice now, and it just gets better every time! We travel with children and are always looking for affordable family accomodations...but you usually cannot find those amenties in the same place...unless you stay at the Lemon Tree Hotel. It is a small hotel with several room types, we love the one bedroom apartment! It gives you a full kitchen, so when you need to make lunch in between your trips back and forth to Disneyland (and when you prefer not to eat your fifth churro for lunch!) you have a kitchen in your room. We are frequent travelers to Disneyland and we will always stay at the Lemon Tree, it is better than any of the other hotels in the area!

THE DISNEYLAND ADVENTURE

ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA - The lemon tree hotel: one of the cutiest hotel in California!!!!

DATE: November 17, 2005
REVIEWER: A tripadvisor member, ITALY

Me and my friend wanted to visit the enchanted world of disneyland, that's why we chose to stay at one very close hotel. We booked our stay on line and when we got there we realize that it was not jut nice but also inexpensive. When you get there you have the impression of being in a tipical village of Mexico. There are many trees around the hotel, and the yellow walls make you feel the sunny sensation! The room are very neat and comfortable. We also appreciated the nice welcoming. When we first arrived there we talk to Juan Carlos, who works at the desk. He made us feel at home. He was very attentive with our needs and helped us with all directions. He also spoke Spanish and for us it was so good because as you may realize English it's not my first language. Anyway I hope you don't judge my English, but just take into account my review. Go to the Lemon Tree Hotel, it's very very nice!!!!

Ah, I forgot...there's a wonderful swimmingpoos too!!!!

BYE,HAVE FUN

Loved the hospitality

Great communication with front desk. My husband and I called in advanced to let them know we had just arrived at the airport in the morning and we were able to check in early! That was really nice specially after a long trip. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. Rick took care of both of us. And when he found out we were newlyweds he upgraded our room! When our stay ended, Rick and the staff left, in our room, a bottle of wine, two glasses and a thank you note wishing us years of happiness. That was very touching and thoughtful. The Lemon Tree Hotel was wonderful hotel to stay. Very convenient to the expressways and our personal favorite, Disneyland. The rooms were clean and the overall look and helpful staff made our hotel selection an A+.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member KCTraveler6

This smaller hotel was a great value and we enjoyed our stay. The room we had wasn't the greatest but provided all the basics and then some. The bed wasn't super comfortable but the room did provide a small refrigerator, microwave and hotplate. The bathroom was small as well but again covered the basics. Friendly staff, free breakfast and free wireless internet were big perks. If I were to stay again I would definitely go for one of the bigger rooms. The location was convenient to Disneyland, just a short drive away. The grounds were lovely. The pool seemed small but we did not get to use it, weather did not cooperate with some rain.

Lovely hotel, excellent value and very helpful staff

Stayed here in August 2005 for 4 nights. We had a two bed suite which gave us lots of room and excellent kitchen facilities. We had one bedroom and our children (aged 11 and 15) shared the other room on a fold away bed. Ours was very comfortable but the fold away was only adequate. Its a quiet setting but only a short distance to Disneyland by car. There is a great swimming pool and the grounds are well kept. The staff at reception were really helpful and made us feel very welcome. The complimentary breakfast is adequate but with so many places to eat nearby we didn't mind. We thoroughly reccommend this hotel and will stay there again if we can get back to Los Angeles.

Will look elsewhere next time..

by TripAdvisor Member Wallflower54

We were not satisfied with our recent stay. While the staff were very kind and helpful, we were disappointed in the quality of the room (one bedroom apartment). Even some basic items such as an alarm clock and hair dryer were missing. One TV remote didn't work. Our room was street-side and very noisy. The website failed to mention that there is no elevator. Carrying the belongings of a family of four up a set of stairs at the end of a long day was a bit tedious. Being a small, independent inn, they charge you for the balance of your stay (they already take a sizeable deposit at the time of reservation) at check-in. This made us concerned about checking out early as we would now have to request a credit. We were in town for a family emergency and chose not to make an issue of it, though frankly we would rather have stayed elsewhere.

charming hotel for the price

I really liked this hotel. It has very nice, clean, and uniquely decorated rooms. Definetly above your average hotel-it has real comforters and some rooms even have feather pillows! There are also microwaves, which came in handy because we were trying to save money on a costly trip to Disneyland. The hotel is also priced very well. We stayed there for only $72 a night! Make sure to ask for the AAA rate because the website does not mention anything about it and the staff doesn't either unless you ask, which reminds me...the staff there is very nice and polite. I would most definetly stay here again, but I would ask for a room away from the street, altough it isn't that bad even if you get a room near it.

Comments