700 West Convention Way, Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Staff is great - building not so much

For the price of a hotel, I expect better up keep. I had a leak in my room that took several tries to get it fixed, they did not offer to move me. Then I went to breakfast there and when I was put in the booth, the springs were gone in the seat and I dropped an extra 6". Not comfortable for some one who is only 5'2".

The management seem to have the idea that it is best to squeeze everything out of a guest possible. The charge for the internet is exorbitant at $13 a night for the cheep one. Then they even charged for the business center. It was $0.40 a minute to be on the computer and it cost me $1.99 to print out 3 pages. That is just being cheep!

The staff seemed to always be smiling and attentive.

Unique Quality: Very close to Disney Land

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Marriot Hotel is so close to Disneyland!

We didn't stay here but I can say that if you are travelling with family, this hotel will be a great place to stay because of its proximity to Disneyland. It's a walking distance, too. If you are travelling with a family member who has a hard time walking, across the street is the bus stop. You can catch the bus and stop at the main gate of Disneyland.

Unique Quality: The hotel is accessible to Disneyland. You can just walk to the main gate. The hotel is also accessible via bus.

There are also many restaurants nearby.

• SedonaDee's Profile Photo

Very Close to Convention Center & Disneyland

We stayed five nights attending a convention. The hotel is very clean and, of course, very close to the convention center, but also Disneyland. Several restaurants are within walking distance to include: Morton's Steakhouse, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, IHOP, and several other small restaurants. The hotel has a nice, large pool, whirlpool, and fitness center. Concierges are knowledgeable and helpful. They have a small bar, but several restaurants on-site- Cafe Del Sol, Degrees Wine & Patio Bar, Starbucks, and a small Pizza Hut. There is also supposed to be JW's Steakhouse as part of the property, but I didn't see this. Perhaps I just missed it.

One thing I didn't like is there is only one chair in the room for reading and there is no light by it. This was probably my only big pet-peeve with the room.

Overall, we had a nice stay with a comfy bed and pillows. LG LCD TV was large and worked well. I do NOT like paying for wireless internet, which one must do here. It is $12.95/day.

Unique Quality: Because they are very close to the Convention Center, they have many large meeting rooms and can handle big groups.

There are several special deals at this hotel, which you can see if you go to their website- especially targeted toward families.

There is a refrigerator and safe in the room. There was no microwave.

There are ATM's in lobby area.
    Parking
    •On-site parking, fee: 22 USD daily
    •Valet parking, fee: 28 USD daily
    •RV parking is 30.00 USD per spot per day. Each additional spot taken up is 30.00 USD per day.

Directions: •Next to world-class Anaheim Convention Center

• doug48's Profile Photo

near the convention center

the marriott anaheim is located across the street from the anaheim convention center. a good place to stay if you are working the convention center and it is also walking distance to disneyland. the marriott anaheim has all of the amenities that you would expect from this better hotel chain.

Directions: anaheim convention center

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Alternative to Disney resorts

Anaheim Marriott was a nice alternative to the Disney Resorts in the area. Close enough to get there and back in minutes and a shuttle service if you do not want to walk. Double rooms were a bit small for the price but the king room was really very nice. All rooms have a refrigerator and a coffee maker in them. Water pressure in the shower was just ok and the bathroom in general was rather small. The pool area however was very nice and the hot tub was large enough for at least 10 people without getting to friendly. If you need to print the return tickets for your airline the front desk will be happy tpo assist you at no charge. There are several restaraunts on site if you are hungry. The wine and patio bar is next to the pool area. A very casual setting.

Unique Quality: Restaurants & Lounges On-site

JW's Steakhouse
    Open for dinner
    Intimate, unique steakhouse offering prime meats and world class wines.
    Open select days.

Starbucks/Marketplace
    Coffee House
    Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
    Serving pastries, light fare and specialy coffees.

Cafe Del Sol
    Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
    Offering California cuisine

Pizza Hut
    Pizza
    Open for lunch and dinner .

Degrees Wine and Patio Bar
    delicious food and drinks.

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo

Anaheim At Its Best

It was a very pleasant stay indeed and the place is "THE" place to be. Marriot offers everything that u can imagine except *ehem* LOL... oh well nice views i guess... but the bed woohooo... u might wanna try it out.

• AshleeS's Profile Photo

Marriott

I enjoyed my stay here, in fact we stayed here in December and then again in April

Unique Quality: The pool was nice there are two of them, there is starbucks and pizza hut in the hotel

Directions: A five minute walk from the entrance of disneyland

More about Marriott Anaheim

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Matt&Nikki'sMom

Our family of four just returned from a seven night stay March 20 - 27 '05 at the Anaheim Marriott. This was our second time staying at this hotel (first time was December '03). This is our favourite Anaheim hotel.

Our room was on the garden level in one of the wings overlooking the pool courtyard. We really enjoyed the easy access to the pool area (not having to wear a towel over a wet bathing suit in an elevator was a big plus!). We enjoyed the excellent buffet breakfast each morning in the main restaurant and also enjoyed a few lunches and dinners at the hotel when we weren't eating at Disneyland. The food at the Marriott is excellent and the portions are huge. We are not big fans of fast food and although the children's menu still only had the fast food "regulars" we were able to order fresh fruit instead of fries to go with the hamburgers and Kraft dinner and were also able to order split orders with no fuss.

The restaurant staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient. They provided our two small children (3 and 5 years old) with crayons, stickers and small toys at each meal.

Our room was very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping is great. The beds were very comfortable with lovely duvets, good soft linens and extra pillows. We didn't need internet access but there was a very good desk area for business travellers.

Access to Disneyland was by the Anaheim Resort Transit bus and we found the bus service to be quick and reliable. One morning there was a huge lineup and extra busses were sent.

Overall our stay was excellent. Some of the other properties offer closer access and more of a Disney experience, but the Anaheim Marriott offers very good value for the location, level of comfort, amenities, and quality of accommodation. I find it hard to justify the cost of the Disney properties even though they are closer and offer more Disney magic. Our only complaints with the Anaheim Marriott are that some of the front desk staff are snooty and unprofessional but most of the staff actually seem to enjoy dealing with the public.

Would we stay here again? If we ever return to Anaheim, yes. Do we want to return to Anaheim? No. San Diego is much nicer and in the future we will probably just do day trips to Disneyland when we visit Southern California.

Convention friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Mr.Mom

My wife, our 5 and 7 year old daughters and myself visited this hotel free of charge using "Flex Anytime Rewards". We were not guarenteed: a non smoking room, or a room with 2 beds. At check in, a very nice and apologetic front desk worker placed us in an extra large corner king-bed room. The entire floor was designated "non-smoking" but the room smelled of smoke. It was however, big enough for a rollaway bed which worked out fine. The staff was extremely friendly, the meals were very inexpensive especially with kids eating for $1.
The day we planned to go swimming, the pool in our tower was closed due to an accident from a parent not putting their child in the required swim diaper. We had to walk accross the entire place to the other pool to go swimming. Which is annoying to have to walk back to the room all wet. At the 2nd pool we counted 9 infants in the pool not wearing the proper swim attire. After the accident in the first pool we thought that the rule might be better enforced. This hotel is more suited to the convention attendees. While we were not the only family staying here it was awkward walking through the lobby in our wet bathing suits and casual attire with everyone else in "suit and ties".
We stayed at this hotel because it was free and we were attending the Circus at Anaheim Pond. When we usually come to the area it is for Disney and we stay at the Grand Californinan which is a much better place.
We would not return to the Marriott Anaheim even if it is free.

good stay but concierge not good with direction

We stayed at the Marriot Anaheim from Dec 18th to 22nd. The hotel was very nice and the room is just about enough for my family of 5 (2 adults and 3 lil' kids-11,9 and 4 y/o). When we arrived on the 18th, late in the evening, there were X-mas parties and weddings on all the function rooms. The parking was terrible. I should have opted for valet ($20) for our first night then self-parked the following day($13). Anyway, parking area is very accesible to the hotel. Safe and well lighted.
The pool is heated and the water was warmed. It was cool in CA in early morning but we were able to use the pool and had sooo much fun on it with my kids.
Disneyland is just around the corner, you can walk for 15 min or drive for about 5 min. Parking in the park was ample and cost $8. We tried the shuttle but lost so much of our time waiting and the shuttle goes to different hotels and pick-up passengers. For a family of 5, I decided to park at Disney than pay $3/person. The hotel self-parking has in-out privileges anyway.
We didn't eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food or restaurant. LA is the place to find so many exotic Asian cuisine, well thats another story.
You have to pay $9.95 for internet access. Same with wireless on the lobby. But let me tell you, if you have a laptop, just sit in the lobby(or inside your room if you have a powerful wireless point) open up your wireless access to search for network and voila!, one of the choices is "hhonors access" which is from Hilton Hotel just across the street. It is unsecured and free. Try it and you will remember me.
Stephanie at the front desk is very nice. Our hats off to her excellent costumer service. We were supposed to stay only for 3 days ($40/night thru priceline) but decided to stay for another night ($40 again from priceline, I am just lucky!)- I was bidding on priceline using my laptop in the lobby- hey it was free access-remember! Stephanie helped us move from our room, we didn't even wait until 4pm for check-out, she moved us at 8am and we were at Disneyland without missing a heartbeat. Our next room has a king-size bed but a roll-away bed was provided to us for free.
Here comes the badside( well not really!), we were from Houston and not familiar with LA, when we asked the concierge for directions, she doesnt't know the location of Griffith observatory. She was very nice but gave us the wrong info/direction. I am glad we have a map and a laptop (hey its free access again on the lobby-remember! Mapquest is you best friend when you are travelling). The Lady concierge must be new, she just have to read more tourist info about Anaheim and LA, Ca in general. There is always a room for improvement.

The fairfield inn by Marriott, AnaheimThe fairfield inn by Marriott, Anaheim

Disney hotels

by odhrty

Trying to decide between Howard Johnson or Marriot Anaheim for 4 days during Christmas. Marriott is $15 cheaper but Howard is closer and has view of fireworks but is it as nice and comforable as Marriot. Is Marriott not within walking distance for kids 7 and 9?

RE: RE: Disney hotels

by haelleah

I used to work at the Anaheim Marriott, it's a very nice hotel with a great half indoor, half outdoor heated pool great for kids! They used to have a very convenient shuttle to/from D-Land, but I think with the downtown Disney thing going on that has changed things. I would call the hotel for more info. Because I would say the Marriott will def. be more comfortable that the Howard Johnson.

Comments