Motel 6 - Anaheim

100 West Disney Way, (formerly Red Roof Inn), Anaheim, California, 92802, United States
Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Motel 6 - Anaheim

Good accomodations, close to park

We checked in on the afternoon of the 17th for 5 days. Front desk was helpful, even when needing more towels. Beds were comfortable for the 4 of us. Room was cleaned on time, and the front desk was able to answere questions. The only drawback was the lack of internet free service as we were led to believe during booking, but most of the time we were too tired to bother anyway. I would stay there again. as it is close to Disney, and reasonable for rates.

One word: fleas.

by TripAdvisor Member WhoGirl16

I had expected to have a nice stay at this inexpensive hotel that was close to Disneyland park. I had high hopes when I came into the lobby, very nice and clean (and according to the website, newly renovated), and the staff was very nice. However, when I came to my room on the bottom level, my hopes sank.

The room smelled musty, like it hadn't been used in a long time. On top of that, it looked NOTHING like the "renovated" rooms that are pictured on the website.

Here comes the bad part:
Upon unpacking, I noticed some bug on my socks lying on the bed. I freaked out when I realized what it was.

Fleas.

They were everywhere, on our clothes, the bed, the floor, it was horrific. We had to shake out all of our clothes in the bathtub, it looked like we shook pepper in the tub, there were that many. We carefuly packed back up and went back to the lobby. They were sincerly sorry about the incident, and gave us another room on a top floor. Still, we found more fleas that apparently hitched a ride with us to the new room. We couldn't stand staying there so we went back down, brought down more dead fleas for evidence, and with no fuss gave us a full refund.

I don't know if this happens a lot or if there have been other reports of fleas, but I believe this is due to the fact that they allow pets in the rooms, which is just a bad idea in the first palce and that should be reconsidered.

Just a fair warning to travelers, be careful when booking your stay here.

Thieving cleaning staff

We stayed in the Red Roof in 2003 and found it to be an acceptable hotel, so we decided to return on our trip at the beginning of December.

The rooms definitely seem to have had an upgrade and our first impression is we were in for a nicer stay than before.

This was before coming back from our first day at the park to discover the maid had stolen my fiancee's pain medication.

Our first attempt at resolution the night we found the theft was ignored. The next morning when I reported it to the desk clerk, they said we would have to delay our trip to the park and wait for the manager and maid to show up. They would not take my cel for a message. After getting Disney involved, I was able to goto the park and await a response.

The response basically stated the maid said she didn't take the medicine so it didn't happen. After arguing with the manager for quite awhile she finally agreed to refund a portion of our money for the stay there, a refund that still hasn't come.

I will never stay at this hotel or the rest of its chain again, since not even our medicine was safe in the room.

Great Budget Inn

We stayed at the RR 4 years ago, and were not disappointed this time either. Upon checking in we were given a choice as to what floor we would like and found our room to be exactly as we expected it to be....clean and quite adequate. Our reservations were booked through the internet and included tickets for the Anaheim Trolley. All went well and as expected. The RR was very busy as it was Christmas but it was quiet in our room. One down side is that there is no choice of restaurants within easy walking distance, and there is no continental breakfast offered. We knew this from before and it was not an issue to us. There are plenty of order in menus available. We would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member DJFSanDiego

This is a great hotel that is near everything. The staff provides immediate attention to all your needs. I used to stay in another Red Roof Inn for vacations but this is my spot of choice now. Staff is very friendly and caring. They are very honest with their billing practices.

Great pool for kids and you can see the Disneyland fireworks from the third floor!

Did Disneyland with two teenagers

I am a single mom with two teenagers, and it took us a while until we could afford our first vacation to Disneyland, and we let DisneyTravel Book this hotel for us. I could not have been happier. The staff was patient and helpful, the rooms clean, and atmosphere was genuine and it was close to everything. I would certainly stay again. Only changes...better water pressure in the shower and maybe get a little shuttle for two and from the park. (But the local bus line was more that adequate). Will recommend to my freinds on a budget...

Very much enjoyed our stay here....

by TripAdvisor Member klcvs

We enjoyed our stay here in early April. My kids are 2 and 4 and they enjoyed the pool, and I loved how clean it was. Catching the ART shuttle was easy and nice after three long days in the park with a trip back for resting in the afternoon. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. A breakfast service would be nice, but we paid the $5 extra a day for the fridge in the room and went and got yogurt and fruit for our breakfast so it worked out for us this way. Used the laundry facility after a day of rain at the park and it was clean, dryers took a little long, but it was loaded with jeans so no big deal. Would stay here again!!

The worst motel we've stayed in the US

by TripAdvisor Member brandonhu

We took a trip to the US for about two weeks, and this motel was the worst out of all.

First, the sound-proof qualtiy is low.
Second, the receptionist had my name said wrong, i corrected her and she did not seem to care about it at all. VERY RUDE!!
Third, the location was not easy to find.
Fourth, although the price was low, I don't recommend anybody to stay here.

SURE there are far better hotels to stay while having fun at Disney, right?

On a budget? Choose another Hotel

OK, I understand that alot of travelers are looking for the best hotel for an inexpensive price. Unfortunately, The Red Roof Inn at the Maingate (Anaheim), is not in that category. My friend, my son, and I stayed there for three nights and we will never stay there again.

First, this hotel is in need of repair. The outside stairs on the south end of the property are rotting, the building itself is in need of a paint job, and there is an 'air quality' issue in the lobby due to the fact that the public bathrooms are just around the corner or the ventilation system needs repair. The rooms (or at least the room we stayed in) are below average. There are a few rooms that have been upgraded but, NOT all of the rooms. The layout is bad. Non-smoking rooms are right next to most of the smoking rooms. Smoking and non-smoking rooms should be in different sections from each other.

More about the room; it was bland. The toilet worked some of the time but, most of the time it needed 2 and 3 flushes to work properly. The sheets were not clean and when we asked for clean sheets they did not arrive until the last day of our stay. We also asked for a 'roll away bed' and did not receive that at all. At checkout, the charge for the extra bed was on the bill. This was not acceptable and I asked the charge be removed which they did. The Red Roof Inn allows guest to bring pets but, they allow pets in any room which is bad if you happen to be allergic to cats or dogs and one or the other (or both) was just in your room. Only a certain section/number of rooms should be designated for guest with pets

Next, the customer service was average. We did receive excellent assistance from one of the 'attendants'. She gave us extra towels. But, for the most part, the service was average.

Lastly, I want to say the if you don't care about amenities, below average rooms, pet odors, smokers by your door (even though you are in a non-smoking room), not having a restaurant in or near the hotel, poor building quailty, and/or you just need a room to sleep in.....The Red Roof Inn at the Maingate is just for you. If any one of these issues bothers you, spend 20 to 40 dollars more and stay in a much nicer hotel.

One more thing, The A.R.T. bus stops right at the front door of the Red Roof, The gift shop has the best prices for bottled water in Anaheim, the property is easy to find (just off Hywy I-5) and is within walking distance to Disneyland.

Great Hotel for the Budget Minded

by TripAdvisor Member ZonaTraveler

My daughter and I stayed here while attendinga dance competition held at the Disney Land Resort. The rooms at the Disney resort were atleast $200, this hotel was $76 before taxes and fees. For those of you on a budget, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

We stayed in a delux double queen room that included a fridge, microwave, table and desk. The room had recently been re-modled and fitted with new and improved bedding. It was plenty big for the two of us, and probably would be for 4. The TV had plenty of channels including Cartoon Network and Disney Channel for my daughter.

Most of the other guest here at the hotel appeared to be budget minded families.

The fridge and the Mircrowave allowed us to save on food expenses as we went to the Food 4 Less a few blocks away on Katella to purchase cold cuts and salad items for breakfast and lunch. .

I also noticed that they had a security guard patrolling the property at night.

The hotel does have outside corridors. Our room was right across from the landing of the stairs, so I did have some concern about nighttime noises as people made thier way up the stairs. On my first night there I was awakened at 9:40 pm by what I thought was slamming doors. Turned out to be the Disney Land Fireworks. On the next night we went up to the top floor and watched the fireworks from walkways up there.

Only one nigh,t I was awakened by people outside around midnight. (I am really light sleeper) If the AC had been on at the time I don't think I would have heard them.

I thought the bed was very comfortable and they had several styles of pillows to choose from. I think this is one reason that I was able to get back to sleep so easily after having been temporarily awakened.

The pool and the hot tub were a welcome sight after our long days at the dance competition.

I was very pleased and would definitely consider this room again for next year's trip to Anaheim.

Comments