Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort

Satisfaction Average

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• ketulgandhi's Profile Photo

Very economical near Disneyland

This hotel is very economical if you plan to spend entire day at Disneyland. Given the trade off of price vs. walk able distance this hotel beats other hotels that advertise as across the street from Disneyland. Other hotels' rates are lot higher than Quality Inn, charge $10+ for parking and may save you only couple of minutes of walking.

We had planned to spend most of our day at Disneyland and wanted a nearby hotel so that we can go to the room in case kids want to take a nap. Having a hotel closer means we can go back to the park to see fireworks. The room interior is designed nicely. We have stayed in bigger room (sqft. wise) at other hotels, but the way the room was organized with microwave, refrigerator, safe, ironing board, wall mounted flat panel TV giving extra table space this hotel room felt bigger.

Check-in and check out was very quick. Staff was courteous. We were in Disneyland till midnight and by the time we reached hotel room everyone just wanted to go to sleep. We made sure that next morning we wake by 9 so that we do not miss their breakfast that included hot waffles, donuts, cereals, fruits, juice among other items. My kids were happy with breakfast items and large seating area. I would stay there again.

Pros: Economical. Walk able distance to Disneyland. Large breakfast room and large selection of items in free deluxe continental breakfast.

Directions: Less than 10 minutes walking distance from Disneyland.

• tracyskf's Profile Photo

Value for money near Disneyland Anaheim

I was looking for an affordable accommodation (with free parking) and within walking distance to Disneyland Anaheim. This hotel is about 10-15 minutes walk to/from the Disneyland main gate. There were other hotels which were nearer to Disneyland but they are far more costly. Hence, I think this is value for money.

Rooms are pretty small though, but is sufficient. Facilities and breakfast provided are basic - but I have nothing to complain. Check in and check out is hassle free.

More about Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort

awesome.

myself and a friend stayed at the penny sleeper inn for 5 nights from the 10th to the 14th of november. we were a little weary to begin with, as we had read some of the reviews on here and other sites. however, it was an absolutely fantastic experience. the location is fantastic, housekeeping were also great (maybe a little too keen even!). the staff at the lobby were always kind and helpful, even if some of my questions were stupid. fridge/microwave in rooms were also helpful. no complaints at all with the size of the rooms or facilities. for the price paid for the room, we got a fantastic deal.

i'd definitely recommend the penny sleeper inn to other people who are looking for accommodation in anaheim.

At least it has location

Okay, first i would like to say that the location is quite good. Although we walked through deserted car parks at night (short - cut to and from Disneyland) we kept reminding ourselves how much money we must be saving. The room: we arrived after midnight and had to lug our heavy suitcases up two flights of stairs to a second storey room - no help was offered!! After finding long brown hairs on the pillows (we are both blonde) was slept with towels over our pillows. The room had an air-conditioner but it made the room smell funny. The bar fridge was useful for keeping drinks cold. The bathroom: you step into the bathroom (which smelt like the lion cage at the zoo!!) and you fall into the toilet! It was tiny. THe laundry: You need to have your quarters at the ready - no change facilities, and the laundry powder machine was broken so we had to buy it from a deli at another hotel. I dropped a t-shirt behind the machine and when I asked for assistance I was told i had to help myself but at least they gave me a metal pole when i suggested it may help. Final remarks: At least we only had to sleep there! There are a number of hotels much closer to Disneyland, so do your research and hopefully you'll have a better place to stay than we did.

fantastic place to stay!!!

I stayed in pennysleeper inn with my family we had a wonderfully stay. At check- in time the employees were really friendly and big smiles on their faces, we checked in. In a two double room. The room was really clean the sheets, carpet & bathroom were shinny from cleaness. We always had our room clean their were always enough towels for the kids , the most thing I love about it we were really close to Disneyland. When we make plans for another vacation we well make sure we stay in pennysleeper Inn...

I did not like this hotel.

We were checked into a dirty room and when we complained the staff was like - whatever. Then the next room we checked into was dirty as well. Third time was the charm for us and we finally got into a decent room about an hour later. Through all of this it was like the staff was surprised we wanted a clean room!! Plus the motel faces a busy freeway. Not fun. There are other motels for the same price that are better.

Had A Great time (Didn’t find anything wrong)

We had a great 3-day stay here in January, We had a quiet and a very clean room overlooking the pool and found the walk to Disney a quick 5 minutes or so just enough to walk off the free Continental breakfast we enjoyed. We stayed at many other hotels during our 4 weeks touring holiday and for value for money and friendliness the Penny Sleeper Inn could not be beat.

Good deal, if you want to sleep on a Rock.

I stayed at the Penny Sleeper in on February 12, 2005. Got a great deal from one of those internet sites. Front desk clerk was very helpful and professional. I was placed in a room above the registration office and the noise from the freeway (I-5) was loud. However, that was fine, as I am a deep sleeper. From reading some of the other reviews, there are rooms that have undergone renovation. However, since my rate was quite lower than those who booked at the hotel directly, I was placed in this aged room. Bathroom was aged and it showed. It needs an upheaval. The bed was not comfortable, but I returned late and slept like a rock. I did not want the bed to feel like a rock though. TV was operational. Beware that there are no alarm clocks and hair dryer. The nice touch was to find a Sunday paper at my door in the morning. Breakfast was just a simple continental one and it looked plentiful. The close proximity to Disneyland is one of its strengths. I am sure the beds are a little better in the refurbished rooms and they are not like rocks, such as the one I slept on Saturday!

Can't beat the price

Stayed at the Penny Sleeper from Feb 13/05 to Feb 20/05

- really close to Disneyland (little over 7 mins walking)
- can't hear the freeway once inside the room
- free breakfast of donuts/pastries, cereal/milk, and juice (7am to 9am)
- relativley clean, some rooms better then others, (ours wasn't bad at all)
- front desk really helpful with tours
- small pool, looked clean and was functional
- room cleaned well everyday
- newspaper deliverd outside of room every morning (check there for weather reports since we couldn't find the weather network on the TV)
- coffee maker in our room (no coffee), new fridge and mircowave

No complaints for about $50 (CDN) a night. We would stay there again.

Some Points To Consider

Okay this motel is a simple and ordinary motel providing the basics. There are better rooms than others and the backside of the motel that is facing the Marriott next door seems to be occupied by monthly type guests. The rooms are quite small for the price per night charged. The maids do not honor the "do not disturb" signs and knock on your door relentlessly until you open it. Television was non operatable in my room as well as that of an associate. Prostitution is rampant as we were propositioned more than once.

Don't do it!

I've stayed at a dozen different properties around Disneyland, and Penny Sleeper was the worst! The first room we were put in reeked of smoke (despite being a non-smoking room) and we couldn't hear ourselves think over the freeway noise. So we got moved.

The second room was only slightly better. The smell and noise were gone (mostly) but now we had a room with a barely-working AC, and a TV that only got 4 channels (very fuzzy). The bathroom was clean but VERY old and dingy looking. We were shorted on towels, the sheets were as thin as tissue and the bed was like sleeping on plywood (that is, if plywood had ends of springs which would poke you in the back).

Yes, it's cheap, but after staying there I would consider anything else a bargain at twice the price.

Comments