Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park

7762 Beach Blvd, (formerly Embassy Suites), Buena Park, CA, 90620, United States
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park

Embassy Suites - Nice Value, Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member saellis3

I was also a little skeptical about the Embassy Suites Buena Park after reading some of the reviews posted. However, April 6-10, we were pleasantly suprised. This hotel is indeed an older Embassy with lots of character. So, if you only like new properties this is not for you. Our room was clean with lots of room. The furnishings are quite old but provide lots of storage and function well. The grounds are well maintained, staff is very friendly and attentive to the guests. Managers reception and the complimentary cooked to order breakfast make this a great deal. Located across the street from Knotts Berry Farm Park (and more importantly Starbucks) off Californa 91 & Beach Blvd, this hotel is 10 minutes to the disney parks, a very easy commute and a straight shot 25 minutes to Huntington Beach for a day on the beach. Shuttle service also available to theme parks. The hotel restaurant, Capistranos, is well priced and easy to order during happy hours or other times. The food is good, not great but after a hard day of parking this is the easiest alternative to feeding the family without leaving after happy hour. The pool is kept ery warm, great to keep the kids entertained. Well done Embassy Suites we will be back!

Loud music ruins the stay

by TripAdvisor Member mblant01

We stayed at the Embassy/Buena Park while on a Disneyland stay. The hotel overall was nice with friendly staff, clean rooms, free cook-to-order breakfast and free shuttle to Disneyland (have to call down to front desk to reserve pick up and drop off times). However, the week we were there the hotel had a religious convention going all week in the meeting/conference rooms in the middle of the hotel. We had loud preaching (with microphone) and very loud singing and music every night - so loud we had to turn the TV way up to even hear it. Calls down to the front desk did nothing as they claimed it was booked by catering staff so they couldn't do anything. I called the company that I booked my stay through and they contacted the front desk who then gave me a refund of one night's stay. I really enjoyed this hotel overall but hesitate to give my whole-hearted approval of this place as the music went on past midnight 3 out of 4 nights. I would suggest if you are going to stay here to ask what conferences/meetings are going on while you are there just to be safe.

good place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member winterbrrr

Our stay in March 2005 was great!
Yes the hotel is older and some rooms are getting a bit shabby, but overall it was fine. The free breakfast is wonderful and we never found it too busy, there was always room to sit. There is a large selection of fruits, yogurts, breads, etc. besides the cooked to order eggs, bacon and sausage. This breakfast area also doubles as a restaurant later in the day and evening. One time we had pizza which was pretty good. Another evening we had the special of the day which was a roast beef dinner. It was very good and the price was affordable.
We also enjoyed the daily happy hour. There were unlimited alcoholic drinks for over 2 hours each evening. Each day there was a different drink special, but the bartender would make anything you ordered. Supposedly there is a coupon that you have to show to the bartender, but we never did and he didn't ask to see one. He was very friendly (maybe it was the tips we left each time we went to get a drink?!) Each person could take 2 drinks at a time, and either sit in the bar area or take them to their room. For the kids there were soft drinks and juice. There was popcorn, nachos with cheese sauce, pretzels and chips. By no means was this sufficient for supper, but the drinks certainly made us relax after walking around Disneyland all day!
Our room was on the first floor with the door facing the pool area. We had to close the curtains because of all the people walking by our room in the evening. It made it sort of dark, but fine for just watching TV and relaxing. The sitting area had a pull out sofa bed, table, chairs, wet bar with fridge and microwave, and an extra padded chair. There was a little hallway going from sitting room to bedroom which the bathroom was in. The bathroom was small, but it was clean. There was enough counter space and there was a hairdryer.
The bedroom included 2 double beds, an armoir, and another TV. There was also a sink area with large mirror. For our family of 5, there was more than enough space. Of the two beds, one was more comfortable and had a newer mattress. You could feel the dampness, but it got better with the a/c on.
The pool area was nice. It had lots of greenery and walkways throughout. The pool wasn't very big but was never crowded when we used it. It was clean and a nice temp. The whirlpool was hot! Maintenance personnel were around each morning testing the water and cleaning in and around the pool.
The only downside of our stay was the crowded parking lot. Sometimes we had to park far from our room later in the evening. There are gates from the parking lot to the hotel in which you must use a room key to gain access. This makes it feel secure.
All in all, we had a great stay. I agree the place has seen better days and there are newer/nicer hotels in the area, but for our needs, it was fine. We also got a good rate by pre-purchasing our stay on hilton. We never did make it to Knott's which is just down the road. We spent our time at Disneyland and CA, and enjoyed our vacation.

Very Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Borrego's Trips

This hotel was great overall. The breakfast is excellent and the staff were courteous and helpful. The only downside is that the temperature in the room is only controlled by a central system, thus, it was very cold some nights, unless you turned the air off. That made it too stuffy. The only other downside is the beds are a bit hard. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will probably come back again.

Good service

by TripAdvisor Member redgecko

We stayed here for 6 nights on a stop off to the UK and I was really pleased with our choice of hotel. The hotel is on Beach Boulevard and we had a one bedroom appartment by the pool with two double beds in it which had its own living room with a sofa bed if needed and microwave, fridge, coffee maker, iron, & ironing board, really comfy beds, bath and shower and a TV in each room. There is also a remote access internet service for lap tops as well as internet service in reception. There is a complimentry breakfast and a happy hour each evening for drinks and nibbles There is a complimentry shuttle service to Disneyland every day which was great. The reception staff were great and very accomodating indeed when it came to helping us with travel arrangements, driver even dropped us off at a bus stop so we could go shopping. A great stay, I can highly recommend this hotel.

Okay, but a little overrated

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while in the Orange County/LA area from 11/28-12/4. Overall we walked away disliking a few things, but essentially feeling as if we had gotten our money's worth.

ROOM: Our room was on the first floor on the back side of the hotel facing out toward the parking lot. All rooms were outside entrance with curtained windows facing the "hallway". This wasn't so bad, except every day the maid would leave all of the curtains open after she cleaned, even when we made sure to close them and even wedge things against them before we left. I personally wasn't too fond of people being able to peer into our room, especially since the hotel had some sort of holiday parties going on during our stay. I have to agree with the review that disliked the fluorescent lighting in the room. The bulbs were the very cheap energy saving bulbs so they cast the industrial/school blue light everywhere. The furniture was on the old side, very dark and dreary. It was convenient to have the second sink in the bedroom area though.

CLEANLINESS: The room started off and "okay". Upon our arrival we found the bedroom & bathroom to be clean. The living room area however left something to be desired. I found a mug full of coffee stuck to the microwave turn table, the carpet could use some cleaning (vacuuming even would help). The second day we had lost the remote to the living room tv in the chair, upon digging for it we found a second remote (so third to the room with 2 tvs), some change, and some food. You'd think they would clean that out every once and a while. Throughout our stay the cleaning declined. We had eaten some pizza one day, and came back to find some crumbs still on the floor day after day. The maid did however do something that irked me. About the middle of our stay she moved our toiletries (including toothbrushes) around the bathroom. You'd think if you aren't going to vacuum, sweep, or wipe anything else down you'd not touch the guests items on the counter top.

BREAKFAST/RECEPTION: Breakfast was all right. I wasn't as impressed as some were. The eggs tended to be cold and on the burnt side, same with the meat & pancakes/french toast. We found we were much better off ordering omlettes. Each day they didn't seem to have enough people to keep the milk & juice full. The fruit, and yogurt especially brings back memories of back dorm food, and when i asked for some oatmeal I was told there was no more for breakfast that day about halfway through the breakfast hours.
The reception was nice enough. The first night (Monday) they offered chips with salsa, nacho cheese, & chili, snack/chex mix, veggies and dip, and popcorn. But every night following (we did not attend on Saturday) there was just chips & salsa, snack mix, the same breakfast fruit, and popcorn. The bar was nice to have though, who doesn't like free drinks?

MISCELLANEOUS: The lack of vending machines around the hotel didn't draw me to give their machines my money. I wasn't interested in walking all the way to the opposite corner of the 4th floor to buy a soda. The laundry room with its inconvient hours was located in the same place which I didn't appreciate. I hoped these things would have been more centrally located.
On our third day the paving began earlier that it was supposed to. I was not too happy to hear equipment going right outside my window an hour earlier than the letter we received (at home and in our room) said it would.
We arrived back at our room one night to find the lot packed full of cars (even illegally parked) due to party that was going on. I wasn't too fond of having to stalk someone to find a spot when I am a paying guest.

HOTEL EMPLOYEES: Excluding the maids & bus staff we found everyone to be very helpful and professional. The bartender and front desk staff were very helpul in helping us find good restaurants in the area besides the normal chain places.

Ultimately, for what we paid we felt we had an all right deal. I think with some minor tweaking this place would be great. Not sure I'd stay here again anytime soon though, I'd maybe try another area hotel.

Dark, Dingy, Old & in need of renovation

by TripAdvisor Member StephanieC

I was very dissapointed in the quality of this hotel, especially for an Embassy Suites. This hotel was far from the standard I've come to expect from them.

After checking in, I actually called other Embassy Suites in the area to see if we could change hotels. Unfortunately everything was booked.

The exterior is lovely, it has a old Hacienda feel to it. But as soon as we found the dark, dingy staircase that led to our room I was getting an eery feeling. Our door was a glass french door that opened to the pool area - not great for keeping out noise of the pool area. Inside our room, it was incredibly dark. So much so, that I thought I'd just entered a seedy motel. The carpet was dark and red, very 70's - and looked like it hadn't been changed since then. Icky stains and the edges of the carpet had obviously not been vaccuumed recently. Someone had left the lamp above the table in the living area on for us, but it did little to light the area, and the flourescent glare from it was TERRIBLE. It was that horrible, flickering flourescent light that you have in offices, but it did little to provide actual light.

The pull-out couch was dirty and ripped in two places, definitely did not look like something I'd like to sleep on. It looked like it had been dragged out from grandma's basement. It was also a dark red color.

The bedroom was equally dark and dirty looking, and though it was bright and sunny outside, with all the lights turned on inside it was still dark looking.

The bathroom was clean, thank god, or I wouldn't have continued our stay there. In addition, after stripping the bed of the pilled and old bedspread, the sheets and blankets looked ok.

One positive thing was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. The shuttles to and from Disneyland (the purpose for our trip) were frequent, quick, and easy to use. They were also flexible so we could change plans if we wanted to. That was very nice.

Despite this, I wouldn't stay here again. I'd choose another Embassy Suites.

Good Place to stay.....

by TripAdvisor Member dinadm

The Embassy Suites in Buena Park was in a good location. Close to the freeway, next to Medieval Times and within walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm.
We only stayed one night and decided to have dinner at Downtown Disney. The Hotel provides a free shuttle to Disney. Door to door service at very convenient times. That feature alone was enough to make it a good stay.
This Embassy Suites was different than other ones we have stayed at as it features and open air courtyard. It was cold and we did not use the pool as a result.
All in all, the bus driver, Karen, was a delight and she made our stay.

great place

by TripAdvisor Member oregon5

This property was great. After reading many negative reviews we were worried we had chosen poorly. We couldn't have been more surprised and relieved with our over all stay. We stayed 5 nights during spring break. Our room was comfortable and clean. The pool area is beautiful and well kept. We had new beds and bedding. Breakfast was great; never too busy. The manangers reception was nice too after a long day in the parks. The service we received was good. Very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service was always on time and painless. Rey the driver was OUTSTANDING. He knew my kids by name and made their day with his magic tricks. This is an older property but doing a very good job keeping it up. It had a more intimate feeling than some of the huge Embassy Suites we have stayed at and we liked being away from the crowds. Complimentary Highspeed should be offered but we were told its on the way. Also could use new hide a beds. Can't beat the value of this place. We would recommend it to anyone traveling with a family to the Disney area.

Good enough, but it could be better

by TripAdvisor Member Paul_Hewsen

Overall, we found this hotel to be a good value, but it is definately falling apart at the corners. It is nice to recieve the managers reception and breakfast, and Knott's Berry Farm is very close. But our room had many little issues that made this hotel not quite as luxury as they might like to sell it as. The bathtub was moldy, the handle bars in the tub were pullling out of the walls and a lawsuit waiting to happen, the faceplate for the outlet was hanging off the wall, the walls were relatively thin (noise, )and so on. But, the pillows were wonderful, the pool was great, the front desk staff were nice and the amenities were good across the board. If I need a hotel in Buena Park again, I will be returning to this hotel.

Comments