Ramada Inn Maingate Saga Anaheim

Ramada  Anaheim Maingate/At the Park
Booking.com Ramada.com Expedia.com

More about Ramada Inn Maingate Saga Anaheim

Just right!

Wonderful experience. Clean, quiet, friendly (met some really nice people by the beautiful pool) and super convenient. We expected to pay much more for the kind of stay we had at the Ramada Inn Maingate. We had been staying at another near-by hotel for years and switched for some reason this year. I'm so glad we did. See you again soon.

Loved the convenience!

by TripAdvisor Member angelbaby67

Just got back from a stay at the Ramada Inn Maingate and it was "okay"
Good things first.... it was convenient, convenient, convenient. We loved it! We could go back to our room at anytime of the day we choosed, dining was plentiful in the area and the prices were good. The pool was nice and our kids loved it and the free breakfast was a plus. The breakfast room at the pool was always well taken care of and everything there looked fresh. The room was also clean and the area was very safe. Also we enjoyed that fact that we could pull right up to our ground floor room door and unload our luggage and that there was an ice maker and soda machine near our room.
Now the negatives... the tub always clogged, the room was small, and the air conditioner was loud. The so called service at the front desk was far from friendly the few times I asked for directions during the day. But on the other hand when I called for extra pillow at night the gentlemen called me back to make sure I received them. Did I complain about any of the negatives to the management? NO! because in all honest reality I felt these negative things were minor compared to the convience of the things mentioned above. Would I stay there again? For $50 I would but I wouldn't pay anymore as there are other hotels in the area that are larger and just as convenient. But if it is a good pool you are looking for this one was a wonderful plus......

Not That Bad People

by TripAdvisor Member Belladai

My family of 5 (my husband and I, kids 14 & 11 and my 77 year old Mom) stayed at the Ramada Maingate for 5 days (two rooms). I was scared to go because of these reviews, but I tell you it was great! We stayed in the back section that was refurbished most recently. It was clean, not at all dirty, workers were friendly, and the rooms were cleaned every day. Breakfast was great and in fact we were given trays to take whatever we wanted back to our rooms. Grant it, it was only pastries, fruit, muffins and toast, but it was plenty to fill up on before a long day at the parks. We could see the fireworks from the balcony as others have posted. We did not use the pool, but it appeared clean. I would recommend this place to anyone that needed a clean and cheap room to sleep in while spending most of the day at the parks.

LOVED IT!

We stayed at the Ramada Maingate across from Disneyland 10 years ago and were happy with it, so when we planned our family vacation this year we immediately thought of the same hotel. Having not been there in 10 years, we looked at the reviews and saw a lot of reviews that were not good. We chanced it and stayed there again and it was wonderful! We did note that the hotel's location did change, it used to be about a block and a half down the street behind the McDonalds, it's now closer to Disney Way. It's a basic hotel, nothing really fancy, but the purpose for being there wasn't to stay in the hotel it was to visit Disneyland! The rooms were clean & comfortable, they have a terrific pool, staff was friendly, they had great service AND it's right across the street from Disneyland & California Adventure, a very short walk! Every morning, the parking lot and walkways got a good scrub down. There were great restaurants and a great coffee shop right there on the property! The air conditioning could have been a bit cooler, but if we just left it on while we were at the park, it was nice & cool when we got back. Overall, we had no complaints!

Clean & Close to the Park

by TripAdvisor Member Icebergtip

After some searching through reviews we booked the Ramada Maingate Saga based on proximity to Disneyland and comments about cleanliness. We were not disappointed. The staff at check-in and throughout our stay were friendly and competent. Our room was average motel size, but clean (even smelled clean)and bug free. Bug free was my main selling point, as many reviews for other places kept mentioning bugs. The price was average for the area, a little high for a motel, but still worth it because of it's closeness to Disneyland. Plan on a 5 minute walk to the entrance plaza and another 5 minutes to the main gate. Mimi's Cafe, Denny's, Tony Roma's and McDonald's are all within easy walking distance. Another plus is free parking. We were there for two days and did not need the car at all. Downside: The decor was not exactly up to date but we were only in the room to sleep. Our only real complaint is the free breakfast in the morning. The only thing they give you are two pastries (danish or tiny muffins), juice and coffee. Everything else is extra (cereal, yogurt, milk) AND it's served outside! AND it was raining and still outside!

Great Disneyland location

Located one block south of the East entrance to Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney negates the need for a car if you're only in town to go to Disneyland. Literally a 5 minute walk to the entrance of all three attractions.

The cost of the room was very reasonable. An online booking got us a king, non-smoking room, Thursday through Sunday for under $350 including all taxes.

The room was a little tired and the maintenance team was obviously not skilled. (I think they got more caulking on the fixtures than they did in the joints.) We had a little trouble sleeping because of some ongoing, intermittent rattling of the water pipes in the walls. The linens were well worn, but fresh and clean every day. The fact that we spent 12 to 14 hours at the parks and only 7 to 9 hours in the room each day made a less than stellar room all the more acceptable.

The hotel desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially assistant manager Cassandra.

I would recommend this hotel for it's price/value. But if you're looking for a 3 or 4 star experience, you will need to move up the price ladder.

On a budget? This is the place for you. You won't be disappointed.

Good place to crash for Disneyland trip

Travelers to Disneyland will be satisfied with this hotel. It was clean, safe, etc. Checkin/checkout was smooth. There will be a good number of kids (this is Disneyland of course) so you may want to request an upper level room if you have concerns about noise. The price is good for the proximity to the main entrance of Disney - about a short 1 block walk. You also have a choice of some chain restaurants if you'd rather eat there than in the park - Denny's, IHOP, Tony Roma's, & a cafe are all easy walks. You'll love the 50th anniversary fireworks and the parks - try to avoid Sat as there are so many masses of people it gets difficult to function and you can't get to as many rides.

The one thing bad about the hotel is the continental breakfast. They figured out how to give you as little as possible and as slow as possible and still call it a continental breakfast. They give you coupons for your food and then you wait in line for your choice of micro-mini-juice or micro-mini muffins. They put real size muffins in the windows and then try to con you into "upgrading" your muffin & drink into a human size one - and then charging you for it of course. You'll see the line start to back up around the corner as the waitresses get easily confused if you don't order all the drinks first, then all the muffins second etc. I recommend going into the park and paying sky high Disney prices and get something that tastes good and save your time. One morning I waited 20 minutes and couldn't make it through the line.

I probably won't stay there again.

I just returned from five nights there and I can say I probably won't stay there again. It wasn't horrible, but there are definitely nicer rooms for about the same price at many of the hotels on that strip of Harbor. Now I realize that this is an economy hotel, but I don't think it's asking too much to have a cart available to tote luggage from the front desk all the way back to my room wich was on the third floor at the rear of the hotel. I wasn't too soured by this, but it wasn't a pleasant beginning. The floor in my room was uneven all throughout, which was very weird. The toilet would make noises all by itself for no apparent reason--loud noises as if it were about to blow or something-- and the sink didn't drain properly. The second day of our stay, I returned to the hotel at 4:00 ready to take a nap after being at the park since 8:00 and my room hadn't been cleaned. When I left in the morning, I had placed the "freshen up" sign on the door, so I called the front desk to ask about having my room cleaned. They told me that "maybe the sign had been turned around or something," it hadn't. To their credit, there was someone at the door within five minutes to clean the room. No nap that day. That night when I returned to go to bed, I discovered that they had only put the bottom sheet halfway down the bed. I was so tired, that i just ripped the sheet from under the matress and re-made the bed myselt. The following day, I didn't put the "freshen up" sign on the door because I didn't want the same thing to happen. I returned at 2:00 and the room hadn't been cleaned. This was the point at which I decided I wouldn't stay there in the future. I put the do not disturb sign up and just took my nap in the uncleaned room.

To their credit, the staff is very friendly. The pizza and coffee places are pretty good, except I would stick to ordering pizza and not order sandwiches. I had one "turkey" sandwich that was actually a lettuce sandwich with a slice of turkey or two. The continental breakfast was nice and the little courtyard is a great place to sit and have coffee, pizza, or your breakfast. The ticket place in front of the lobby offers excellent service.

Absolutely Wonderful

We stayed in the hotel from Oct 3 to Oct 7. Family of 4. 2 adults and 2 small children (2 1/2 & 1). Purchased via the internet and requested 2 cribs on an upper floor. I did call a few days before the stay to confirm the cribs. Was advised they had plenty.
When arrived, was surprised on the room they gave us. This room was huge. (estimated over 400 sq ft). Not only did it have the 2 cribs in it but it could of had another 2 and still have plenty of room for the kids to play on the floor. It was room # 200. The room was close to Harbor but you could not hear it from inside the room.
No troubles or leaking from the a/c system which other reviews had complained about.
If i had anything bad to say about the stay, it would be the shower seems to make noise at nite but nothing to lose sleep over. Just seems the pipes are noisy. One minor issue with the hotel key on our 3rd day. They had recoded it in error and was fixed in 2 minutes.
Alot of positives about the place. Location to Disneyland was great. 1 minute walk to crosswalk across from the main entrance. Plenty of places to choose to eat within that same block. Price was very resonable. Very friendly staff.
Will come back again and will request the same room.

Comments