1700 S Clementine St, Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

Booking.com ResidenceInn.com Orbitz.com

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Residence Inn in Disneyland

We passed by this hotel and thought that I share it to travellers. When you are going to Anaheim, this hotel has one of the nicest gardens. We passed by here every day for three days going to Disneyland.

It is closer than where we stayed at Sheraton. So, if you are looking for a place to stay when you go to Disneyland, this place is recommended by me because of its proximity to the main gate of Disneyland. You can either walk or take the bus.

As for us, we walked every morning and at night, when we were already tired walking around Disneyland, we took the bus.

Unique Quality: This hotel is accessible by bus or by walking (15-20 minutes).

More about Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

Great Service at the Residence Inn Maingate

by TripAdvisor Member LuvtoRelaxFL

It was our first trip to this area. My son recently transferred to Disneyland from Orlando. My 85 year mother had never been to California, but had always wanted to go. We needed a room that would accommodate her. So I reserved the Penthouse Exception. I'm not sure what the exception means. Maybe it is supposed to be exceptional. My mother needed a place to sleep away from the rest of us. We put her in the downstairs bedroom and she was very comfortable there. She had her own bathroom. My two grown sons slept on the pull out couch and it was okay, but I have never found a really comfortable pull out couch. My teenage daughter and I slept in the kingsize bed in the loft upstairs. There is a bathroom just off the loft. The suite was nicely furnished and had three televisions. The only problem is that it is pretty much an open suite. You can hear everything. All three TV's going at once was a bit noisy. Although the first floor bedroom had bifold doors, it didn't totally keep out the noise. But for my family it was great. We went to bed pretty yearly and didn't watch much TV. My son's spent most of their evenings on their laptops. The wireless internet connection worked well for them.

Although there is a full kitchen we did not use it, except for the refrigerator for drinks. We stayed for a week and had the buffet breakfast every morning. It is located next to the front desk. The longest we had to wait was 5 minutes. We usually got there around 9am. Some days it was crowded, but the staff was very effecient in clearing tables and making sure there was plenty of food. They had a hostess that took our name and seated us when a table became available. They had cereal, biscuits with gravy, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, cottage cheese, fruit, toast, muffins, coffee, juice, soft drinks and more. One day my son had to work so he stopped by and picked up the breakfast in a bag. It had yogurt, a fruit cup, orange juice and I think something else, but I don't remember what it was.

We went to Disneyland twice and drove both times. I did notice the shuttle picking up and dropping people off right in front of the hotel. They sell the tickets for the shuttle at the office. It really is too far to walk to Disneyland. The fireworks went off at 9:30pm every night and for 20 minutes it was pretty noisy. You can see them from the hotel and they are pretty spectacular, but it is much better to go to the park and see them.

The only real downfall for us was our suite was upstairs. It was hard for my mother to walk up the steps and they are not in great shape. The wood is beginning to show it's age and was a little warped. It looks like everything else has been recently renovated. The toilet was running when we got there and wouldn't stopped. We called the office and they sent someone right away to fix it. We needed a rollaway bed for one night and they delivered it within a half an hour. The parking lot is pretty full and we did have a hard time finding a parking place near our room. My son would usually drop us off and park the car.

All and all I would highly recommend this hotel. The service was great and the room was nice.

Loved the New Residence Inn

We love this hotel. This is the newer hotel on Harbor Blvd. My husband, and three children stayed in the two bedroom family suite. We had a full kitchen, two bathrooms, and three telivisions. It was very clean and very spacious. It was like a home away from home. The staff were very friendly, and was always helpful. You can't go wrong with the free continental breakfast daily. The hotel also has social hour with light snacks from 5pm-7pm Mon-Thursdays. One day we had macaroni and cheese, and the other day we had hot dogs so i didn't have to buy the kids dinner. The kids were always eager to go back to the hotel because it was like being at home. The hotel is near Red Robin, Outback steak house, and other resteraunts so it's not a problem finding a place to eat nearby. The Resteraunts also deliver to the hotel for a small fee. It's about 4 blocks from Disneyland and the shuttle was free, sometimes crowded, but the ride is a very short ride, I have no complaints. I would reccomend staying here to other families who are looking for a newer, spacious, clean hotel!

Loved it, Loved it, can't wait to go back

My husband and I traveled there for our honeymoon......and it was perfect, in april it is going to be our 5th anniversary and I think we'll go back, this time with our 2 beautiful children. The staff was so friendly, we told them that we're on our honeymoon, after we got back to our room we had a surprise waiting for us, bottle of wine and a big basket with fruits and sweets in it. Just gorgeous. The room was perfect, with a fireplace, and a kitchen with everything you need. They even do shopping for you so if you want to go have fun at the disneyland and dont have to worry about shopping or looking for a store nearby. Breakfast is really good and fresh every morning. Location is just perfect. Beautiful pool with jacuzzi next to it. Everything was just perect and I really can't wait to go back. And really worth what youre paying for.

Great family hotel

Stayed with my wife and daughter in the Residence Inn on Harbor in early Feb. 2005. We had a 2 BR suite which was clean, in good shape, quiet, and spacious. There was lots of variety at breakfast and the food was good. The Disney shuttle only stops at one other hotel than this hotel. This was a great time of year to go to Disney as the parks were not busy at all - we never waited more than 10 minutes for a ride and most of them we were able to walk straight on.

Good family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LynneV15

We just got back from a five night stay at the Residence Inn, and we have mixed reviews. On the positive side, we had three adults and four kids in a two bedroom suite, and felt like we had lots of room. Our kitchen was well equipped and a good size, and the hotel did our grocery shopping for no extra charge! The pool was great (if a bit cold), and the hot tub was nice. The breakfasts were substantial and free, which was a huge bonus. (there was sometimes a bit of a wait for a table).

On the other hand, we had originally reserved two rooms, which weren't available when we checked in. We waited for two days (after asking three times) for a crib. There were ants in the kitchen, and an open electrical outlet in the middle of the floor. Our maid service wasn't until 5 PM on the first two days, and when we complained they moved it up by a couple of hours.

Despite the problems, we would probably stay there again for the great family facilities.

Acceptable but not top notch

The hotel is reasonably priced. Great for families, there were lots of noisy tourists running around with their kids. I was staying there for a conference and rest didn't come easily with all the yelling and stomping from the tenants above.

There is an Anaheim Resort Transit shuttle stop right at the hotel so getting around is easy. The shuttle passes are a great bargain. I bought a 5 day pass for $12. This allows you to ride the entire shuttle system an unlimited number of times for the length of your pass. I got back and forth from the Residence Inn to the convention center with only one transfer and shuttles come by every 20 minutes.

The room smelled a bit musty and old and was smaller than expected. I was staying alone so I didn't require a huge space. I was skeeved about walking on the carpet in bare feet so chose to wear house slippers. I also found a few strange hairs in the bathroom (yuck) plus a few spiders. But having the full kitchen was great. The wireless internet access was also a plus.

I tried out the free breakfast one morning but it was really crowded. Get there early if you don't want to wait long. I grabbed some oatmeal and a bran muffin to go.

The staff was enormously helpful and always willing to serve. There is also a mini-mall with a Subway and various other restaurants within a mile's walk of the hotel. Overall it was satisfactory for my needs and great for if you're on a budget.

Get place for a family.

by TripAdvisor Member Marry H

My family of 6 stayed here for 6 nights from April 18th to the 24th. I paid $159 a night for a 2 bedroom suite with french doors. The room I reserved was the penthouse suite with the loft. It was very busy while we were there.

The good:
The room was clean with a full kitchen.
We had 2 full baths one with only a shower and one with a tub/shower.
The master bedroom had a nice plant shelf above the bed with lighting.
We had a private patio outside the master bedroom.
Breafast was good (scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage, waffles (frozen kind) french toast, 2 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, biscuts and gravey, breads and muffins along with several kinds of juice, soda, coffee, tea, hot cocoa. best of all it was free.
In the afternoon Mon-Thurs they served food and it was enough to tide the kids over until dinner.
Short walk to Disneyland in the morning maybe 10 minutes.

The bad:
Parking was hard to find near the room.
Pool was crowded.
Birds in the patio dining area at your food if you left the table for a few minutes.
Long walk back from Disneyland in the afternoon (seemed like forever)

Overall we had a great stay and would stay here again if in the area.

We like it!

by TripAdvisor Member LittleMaleficent

I paid to take my parents and my younger sister to Disneyland this year, along with my hubby and a friend. We had a great time during our stay.
We stayed in one of the Penthouse Suites w/ full kitchen and two baths.

Our only complaints:
1. The second bed in the room was a wall fold down and was uncomfortable. Not unbearable, but for someone like me with a bad back, it was hard to sleep. I was told by my friend though that the fold down couch was ok. My parents loved the bed in the loft.
2. The light above the fold down bed didnt work and was missing its bulb.
3. It is a fairly long walk to the park, especially if you have children.

On the plus side:
1. The room had just been completely renovated so it was very clean and even had a slight new carpet smell. (I would much rather be bothered by a new carpet smell than a bad carpet smell..)
2. The breakfast, considering that it was just a buffet, was pretty good. The cheese eggs were the favorite amongst our group. The fruit was fresh, there was plenty of different things to drink and there were also waffles, french toast, muffins, breads, and bagels. The birds (mentioned in another review) are very friendly :-P and are not afraid of people, so make sure at least one person is at your table at all times, or they will eat your food. And sure, it was a little crowded sometimes, but that was if you waited until 10 to eat. The morning we got there early, it was very easy to find a table.
3. We never got to use the main pool, but it was very clean and never crowded.
4. The staff is very friendly and will help out any way they can. We kept forgetting to ask for stuff (i.e. extra blankets, pillows, extra flatware..) and the housekeeping staff never said anything about the numerous trips to our room and were always very friendly and accomidating.
5. The kitchen was great and was fully stocked just as advertised. Tip: Make sure they have enough dishes and flatware to accomodate 6 people if you have that many in your group. They accidently stocked our room for 5. :-)

A few side notes: We never had any trouble finding parking and the passes for the Anahiem Transportation system is totally worth the money. We didnt buy any until the last day because we thought we wouldnt need them, but trust me, that walk seems like an eternity at 11 p.m. with tired feet. The shuttles run every 20 mins 1 hour before the park opens until an hour after the park closes, except for 12-1, when they take lunch. Most of our drivers were really nice and it doesnt take very long to make the rounds. (The rounds for this hotel only include 4 other hotels, so its not really a long wait)

We will definetly be going back to Anahiem Marriot Residence - Maingate again!!

Great place to stay for Disneyland visit

by TripAdvisor Member Idlrb

We stayed two nights at the Residence Inn this past Memorial Day weekend. It turned out to be a great choice, for the comfort of the room, and the location. The staff was pleasant and efficient, though I had no special requests that might have put them to a test. We arrived about 10 AM on Friday morning and I approached the desk to ask for authorization to park my car there for the day, thinking I would return in the afternoon to check in. The helpful clerk went ahead and checked me in to the room right then, so we were able to move in our suitcases in and freshen up before our day at the parks. The studio room is quite large, with a full size fridge, stove and microwave. It was great for our needs, since we spent most of our waking hours in D-land or CA Adventure parks. The hot breakfast was good. The room was very quiet; I did not hear any neighbors through the walls like you get sometimes in hotels, though one morning I heard a rolling suitcase on the sidewalk through the patio door.
The advertisement says "walking distance" and it is about a 10 minute walk to the park entrance gates. In the morning it is a pleasant walk. But after being on your feet all day, you will be happy you bought a pass to the ART shuttle bus, G route. BTW, if you buy the shuttle pass, when leaving the park to go back to the hotel, get off at the La Quinta stop next door and walk to the Res Inn, rather than riding all the way around. The Res-Inn is the last stop before going to the parks, which is convenient for going to the parks but a long way around if you are returning to the hotel.

MuzeoMuzeo

JumpingTwins, April 3, 2010, Disneyland CaliforniaJumpingTwins, April 3, 2010, Disneyland California

signssigns

posepose

Bus tour from Las Vegas to Disneyland

by Lola001

Does anyone know of a bus tour that goes from Las Vegas to Disneyland and would stay for 3 or so days? I'm travelling to the Southern California area but would like to avoid driving in and and around LA. Does something like that exist?

RE: Bus tour from Las Vegas to Disneyland

by HarmoniousBotch

The route to Vegas is long and boring. Unless you must pinch pennies, I'd recommend flying. A round trip on Southwest with taxes and fees is often less than $100.

RE: Bus tour from Las Vegas to Disneyland

by southofla

HB has a good idea, you could just take a plane from Las Vegas to Orange County(SNA). From there you could easily get a shuttle to Disneyland area about 20 minutes away. Once in the Anaheim Area the local hotels may have a shuttle to Disneyland or you could take ART(Anaheim Resort Transit) which covers the area around Disneyland.

But you also said you were traveling to the Southern California area already so not sure why you want a bus from Vegas, that is in Nevada a good 5-6 hours away.

Comments