Royal Pacific Inn

Fullerton arboretumFullerton arboretum

It's a Small Worls, Disneyland AnaheimIt's a Small Worls, Disneyland Anaheim

posepose

our friendour friend

What is the most economical rental car

by COMEONDOWN

We are calling some car rentals here at Anaheim and they average $45.00-$50.00 per day. Has anyone out there experience renting a very resonable and much cheaper than the prices we had come across. We will need the car rental in a matter of ten days to be exact and we wish to rent the car rental for the weekend for 3 nights. Any suggestions per your experience would be interesting to know and thanks for your sugggestions. Many thanks.

by Scotty1023

I rented a car in San Diego a couple of weeks ago and searched through Travelocity. I got a very good deal, 175 per week. So that worked for me, I hope it helps you. Good luck.

by OiKnow

Sign up for email notices of last minutes specials from all of the major rental car companies. I get these on a regular basis from Alamo, Budget, and Enterprise. Frequently the best value is to rent by the week, but I have rented for the day for as little as $14.99 in Washington DC.

Also use the search sites like Orbitz and Expedia.

This may be a time to try PriceLine.

Good Luck

David

by lmkluque

Sorry, I don't know specifically about Anaheim, but in San Diego have rented a car in National City and Clairmont Mesa branches of Avis for about $30.00 a day and there is Bargin Auto Rental in SD that will rent an older car for about $15.00 a day.

Either of these places probably will not be of help to you and I only mention them to give you an idea of what you might consider in the Anaheim area. Avis Rentals at the SD airport were more expensive because of it's convenient location and "Bargin Auto Rental" is one of those, "Rent-a-Wreck" type places. If you go out of the way a bit from the Disneyland/Knotsberry Farm area of Anaheim or consider one of those Rent-a-Wreck" type rentals, you may find a more attractive price range to choose from.

by Jokerit_pl

I'm seeing a $30/day at the Avis website for Anaheim. Check around on the Internet, as better deals can be had versus calling.

You may want to secure the rental this weekend instead of the 10-day window you are giving yourself. Tourist season in Anaheim peaks around this time of year.

by COMEONDOWN

Thank you all for all your helpful respond! Many thanks again.

Travel Tips for Anaheim

On Disneyland Shots

by marinarena

What I take the most from Disneyland now(as an adult) is the look of it. The color schemes and archectural features are spectacular in many spots- more so than any roller coaster or some Mickey Mouse routine! Here's a little photographic advice: take pictures near some impressive building or facade or have someone else take a shot if you are including yourself in the photo. This shot was taken from from the Aladddin attraction from Frontierland /Adventureland area. ( The exact name of the Aladdin attraction is escaping me as of now....any Disneylandian freak help me out here!) The look here of course is something out of the Middle East - like Moroccan. Fool everyone by saying that you went to Marakesh and took this shot instead of Disneyland!! Hehe!!

Main Street Electrical Parade

by b1bob

Unfortunately, 1996 was the last year of the popular Main Street Electrical Parade. Clint told me this was the best spot from which to view the parade because the crowds did not think to converge near the staging area. I got special high speed film to get the parade in the dark. I like the lighted floats and synthesised music. The music may not be the greatest, but it's sure enough better than some of that rock these days! Since we were at the beginning of the route, we could see each float being waved through. After the parade, Clint, Natasha, and I followed the last float, dancing and snapping our fingers to the catchy tune. At one point, Clint and Natasha were square dancing and I was afraid the boys from WESTBROOK (our local funny farm which has since closed) would be after them.

Note the strong Middle Eastern influence

by marinarena

There is a very noticable middle eastern influence in this city with a Spanish-German name. Anaheim is close to Detroit as far as being the central U.S. city for Middle Eastern culture. Various Arabic nationalities, Persians, and others of the Middle East region make up the city's population. Mosques mark common places of worship along with churches, cathedrals and temples. Anaheim, though dominantly with stores signs in English and Spanish, has several establishments in Arabic and Persian. Perhaps the most seen store are the butcher shops with "Halal Meat". With all this considered, Anaheim is easily the most ethnically intriguing city of Orange county.

Don't forget to "feed" the Ducks!

by rmlopez74

This Tip was a toss up between "Things to Do" and "Sports". Sports won out. The Arrowhead Pond is the home of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. Whether you are a hockey fan or not, everyone should experience a hockey game at least once. There is an energy at the games that you don't really find in any other sport. If you are in town between October and April, you owe it to yourself to come see a game! Tickets are as low as $15, and you will have a great time! Bring a light jacket. It is an Ice Rink after all, and it can get a little chilly in the Pond.

Mile High Comics, 12591 Harbor...

by BuickMackane

Mile High Comics, 12591 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, CA 92840 (714) 741-2096, gardengrove@milehighcomics.com

I must confess that I didn't have much enthusiasm for this stop at first, but my cousin insisted we check it out. Thank God I listened to her! Mile High is a branch of a famous store in Denver which sells not only comic books but cartoon-related memorabilia and collectors' card games. My daughter's been absolutely brokenhearted because we can't get 'Yu-Gi-Oh!' Duel Monsters cards in our hometown, but at Mile High, they not only came through, but their enthusiastic sales staff and on-site tournament teachers carefully custom-built us a playing deck that made us say 'It's time to d-d-d-duel!'

Comments