Travelodge Anaheim At The Park

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 48% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Anaheim

Fullerton arboretumFullerton arboretum

JumpingTwins with yellow caps from Iceland@ DisneyJumpingTwins with yellow caps from Iceland@ Disney

to disneyto disney

the mountainthe mountain

Day trips from Anaheim

by amandajayne81

My fiance and I are hoping to return to Anaheim at the end of this year. WE would love to do a day trip to the Wild Animal Park (we did the San Diego Zoo last year. I have looked on Greyline and searched on google but can't find this service. Only to the main Zoo. The other day trip to San Diego that might be an option is just to have time looking around Balboa Park. Is there transport between the cities? If someone could recommend a link that would be great. Also we would like to see more of Anaheim than just Disney and the Block at Orange ;-). We won't be driving what are ways can we maybe see the beaches? We used the little red Disney buses and once or twice the OCTA buses(I think that was the name). Thanks heaps.

by HarmoniousBotch

Amtrak will get you from Anaheim to Oceanside, the Sprinter train from Oceanside to Escondido, then the Breeze bus #386 stops at WAP. I've never used the last two, so I don't know if the schedules are well coordinated. But you can get there.

by Hopkid

Besides Disney there isn't a whole lot more to see in Anaheim unless you want to see an Ducks hockey game. Of the beaches I would recommend Huntington, Newport, and Laguna. Check out the OCTA bus schedules and maps at

They also have a trip planner that should help you figure out what lines you need to take to get to where you want to go. Personally, I'd rent a car.

by Jokerit_pl

You want to see more of Anaheim, huh?

There's quite a lot going on during the holiday season in Anaheim, so let me know what your interests are and I can recommend some places either in Anaheim or in a neighboring city.

by amandajayne81

Our interests are pretty varied. We enjoyed walking from Santa Monica to Venice beach on our last trip and just enjoying things like lemonade and pretzels (things we don't get here in Australia). We don't mind museums and historical places but probably would prefer to be outside. Shopping is good if it is quite reasonably priced. We are not really into the whole celebrity spotting thing or top of the market designer shopping. Thanks for the suggestions people have already made.

by kenstan

Why don't you rent a car and drive down its only about 90 minutes and you can stop along the coastal towns.The only thing in Anaheim is Disneyland The Angels baseball and Ducks hockey.Head to the beach Huntington Beach Newport Laguna Beaches.Knotts Berry Farm is close by on Beach Blvd.

by bchekuri

Hi,

I know that you are not looking for a rental car service but i recommend renting a car while you are in California. I visited Disneyland last year with my family and we also visited the San Diego Zoo. We rented a minivan for 1 week for We rented from Anaheim and dropped it off in San Diego. The one way drop off service was very convenient for us. We rented it from Rent4Less Car Rentals. check out their website: http://www.rent4less.com.

Thanks,
Bharath

Travel Tips for Anaheim

Park Hopper Passes

by Camping_Girl

The Park Hopper Passes are the only way to go to see Disneyland & California Adventure Park. They are cheaper than paying by the day, and they get you into both parks as many times as you want during the time period you purchase for.

If you order your park hopper passes in advance (go to Disney's website to do this), you will save even more than by buying them when you arrive. They mail them to you, or if time is tight, you can usually make arrangements to have them sent to the hotel you will be staying at. A new enhancement to the "order in advance" service allows you to print your passes at home, and bring them with you.

Stage Shows & Parades Brochure

by Yaqui

As you enter the park, your usually handed some very handy brochures. Make sure you keep them handy because this one gives you all the times, locations, and which shows. Let's not forget when the parades start to. You have to attend some, because they are done very well and your children or the child at heart will enjoy them too! Very worth the time and effort to attend some! The ones with the magical costumes and sing the wonderful musicals are the best to see!

Get the cheap single park ticket

by dan_hicks

I recently visited the Disneyland resort on spring break weekend. I was curious to see the CA Adventure park but knowing that it would be crowded, I just wanted to take in as much of Disneyland & save the extra money for the cost of 2 park hopper tickets.
When I bought the single day tickets, the guy at the booth asked where I was from & I said Santa Cruz,(a town in CA) & he gave us two Resident 2fer Tickets. We got to play all day at Disneyland the first day & then checked out CA Adventure the next day FOR FREE!!!
You don't even have to do both parks the same weekend, the ticket is good for a month after the first use.The only thing you're getting by paying the extra $20 for a park hopper is entrance to both parks on the same day, which is too much for me anyway.
The ticket says valid proof of residency on it, but they don't go there at the entrance. They just scan the ticket without looking at it & you're in. Just tell 'em at the ticket booth you're from CA if they ask...

Packing List

by thechels

swimsuit, shorts, long pants=chilly at night or on water rides, bring plenty of 'spare' clothes, socks, etc.... beach towels, sun tan lotion, especially for the face whatever time of year! Good Walking shoes...OMG...GOOOOOOOD WALKING SHOES...LOTS OF WALKING AT DISNEYLAND ...LONNNNNG LINES!@!!

Anaheim Ice - Year Round Ice Skating

by Jokerit_pl

Tired of the usual destinations in Anaheim? Here's one that flies under the radar. Anaheim Ice (formerly Disney Ice) is one of the premier public ice skating facilities in Orange County featuring both NHL and Olympic sized rinks. Disney Ice is also the practice home to the Anaheim Ducks (formerly Mighty Ducks) pro hockey team when hockey season is in session.

Ice skating sessions are open to the public all year long on most days at various times. Call or check the calendar provided on the web site for updated public skating schedules as ice skating exhibitions, practices, and hockey games are frequently in progress.

Admission is between $5-$8. An extra $3.00 is required if you need ice skates.

Address:
300 W. Lincoln Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92805

Driving Directions:
Anaheim Ice is located at the corner of Lincoln Ave. and Harbor Blvd. From the 5 Freeway, take the Harbor Blvd. offramp and head north till you arrive at Lincoln Ave. Anaheim Ice will be on your right-hand side. From the 91 Freeway, take the Harbor Blvd. offramp and head south till you arrive at Lincoln Ave. Anaheim Ice will appear on the left-hand side.

Comments