164 Cleveland Ave., Auburn, California, 95603, United States
Orbitz.com AMOMA.com Travelocity

More about Auburn

Vere in Julie's kitchen cooking up a stormVere in Julie's kitchen cooking up a storm

DELIVERING MAIL SINCE 1851DELIVERING MAIL SINCE 1851

PANNING FOR GOLDPANNING FOR GOLD

Auburn Alehouse, Old Town AuburnAuburn Alehouse, Old Town Auburn

Travel Tips for Auburn

In the kitchen of Julie&

by Grazina

"Trying to cook up a storm"

Okay, I have to say that It's not all the times that you will see me in the kitchen cooking only because I'm not a very good cook...but I do have to admit that I do make a mean dish of spaghetti. The other day my son said that when the time comes he will take care of me in my old age, in return to that I said I will cook for him and do his laundry. He then said "but you only know how to make spaghetti, will we have spaghetti every night?" Of course I said "no" the other 6 days you will take me out to dinner.
Believe it or not he was okay with that.

Come HOME to Julie ^O^

by Martin_S.

So I know that most people visit "places" to see views of nature, old structrues, historical sites, whatever...but then there are places you go just for PEOPLE...and Auburn was one of those. Julie visited us here in Israel and we felt right at home having her with us, she invited us to come visit her in HER home and needless to say she and her sister Jo made sure that WE felt at home... I will have more pictures here to show some of the natural beauty of the area, but for now it suffices just to say thanks to the friends there (hey even if Julie did try to get us lost in Auburn, WRONG turnoff indeed ;o)))).

Julie being the sweet person she is, and knowing how I like seafood, decided to prepare Alaskan King Crab for me....and you can see here in the picture that we were very serious about it.

Now you know you are welcome in a home when they really make you "work" for your dinner. Julie, Jo and Zohara were slaving away in the kitchen getting dinner while I was out on the porch BBQ'ing the steaks...and very GOOD steaks they were too.
First time I have every used a grill that does not require charcoal, was quite fun to experience the difference.

Whitewater Rafting on the American River

by Jokerit_pl

Typical scene along the South Fork. The first couple of miles is pretty shallow and calm. I believe this is near where we decided to stop rafting and have lunch. By the way, the rafting companies on this river make some great lunch spreads. Mostly cold cuts and picnic type side dishes, but it's pretty damn good.

This is our fearless rafting guide, Ian. He looks pretty calm, cool, and collected here. However, that night he got seriously lit at the campgrounds. The second day on the Middle Fork was .. interesting given his mental state and the fact that we were going to see some tough rapids ahead.

This particular drop was rated as something attempted only by expert raft guides and kayakers. The drop is off to the bottom left. I didn't bother taking a picture because all you could see was mist. I found out afterwards, the mist went down about 40 feet, the length of the drop straight down.

This was part of the area where all of the river rafters portage, or take their rafts off the river and carry them around this area. According to Ian, our guide, even the experts say you have to be pretty nuts to try and negotiate this part of the river.

Comments