101 San Miguel Street, Avila Beach, California, 93424, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• jason_oneill's Profile Photo

Romantic and Relaxing Hotel in Avila Beach

I took my wife here as a surprise for her birthday and we loved it. We got the spa room which was beautiful. The room had a Mexican style to it. I paid $200 for the night, although from what i can tell it usually is twice that. I booked it through hotels.com, not directly through the hotels website. This probably will save you money! There isn't much to do in Avila Beach, but if you just need to relax and get away, this is definately the place to do it!!

Unique Quality: Very relaxing! Watch a movie on the 42-inch Plasma HDTV from the in room spa, while the fireplace is going (winters of course). The hotel provides a snack basket which is all complimentary (none of that "open this bottle and we will charge you $4.00") Also, they have a pantry downstairs that they sell snacks out of without a markup in price, this is due to the only store in town closing early! Finally, they have a small dvd library that you can grab a movie from to watch in your room. Although the selection is limited, there is no charge for this service.

More about Avila La Fonda Hotel

Avila La Fonda, I dare you to find better in SLO area.

by TripAdvisor Member valleyvine

This Hotel is one of those places you have mixed feelings about telling others. It is so good that you are afraid that if everybody finds out about it you will never get a room again and the rates will go way up.

Rooms are awesome, not a detail missing. The Staff is top notch.
I travel around the world on business and only wish I could be treated as well as these people.
You can tell the owners are great people by the attention to detail and the attitude of the staff.

The Costco rate was a major bonus.
For all of us an a budget that need to get out of the Valley heat in the summer you don't want to miss this hotel.
I did not find it any more noisy than any other hotel, and we are talking Avila Beach here, you can sleep with your window open no problem, and if there is a problem, have you seen the size of the night clerk.

Be prepared to have a wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member bunnysbabe

The Avila La Fonda is a wonderful place to stay. They treat you like you are a VIP. Fresh cookies and milk, wine and cheese, lemonade, juice - all compliments of the house. A welcome gift basket is left in your room and is free, full of all kinds of goodies. The rooms are so nice and comfortable with many special touches. The bath and body products are super, too! There is nothing not to love here!
The Costco discount is really good, too! Believe me, this place is worth what they charge you. I only wish we could have stayed longer!!!

The room was so hot! Loved the cute hotel though!

by TripAdvisor Member PrincessFloofer

I just got back from a weekend stay at Avila La Fonda. I just want to start by saying that the hotel was very nice and new; very different decor and nice amenities. It was also very clean and nicely kept! On a bad note, the place is in serious need or an air-conditioning system! It was like a sauna in our room! Even at night, with the fan going we still slept with the sheets off and took cold showers. I would definiely go back but I would wait till the dead of winter (Dec-Feb) to do so. Call me "heat sensitive" but I just found it to be uncomfortably hot and stuffy. Other than that, no complaints. My boyfriend and I loved the hotel and the cute little town or Avila Beach.

felt like home

by TripAdvisor Member genelle

This is a small hotel in a small town. The rooms were beautiful, decorated in Spanish yellow, reds, and oranges. The beds were feather-topped. The floors were Sautillo tile. The appointments were top knotch. The whole feel of the hotel wasn't just a first class hotel, it really felt like a home. I have never felt so comfortable in a hotel and I have travelled around the world. Maybe it was the extra touches, like throws and cushy pillows and Bose radio. Maybe it was the fact that the "Front Desk" was just a desk in the lobby. Whatever it was, I liked it! Besides, the rates were awesome.

Small hot room

by TripAdvisor Member Riodog

Major street noise, if you’re looking to party perfect place to crash. Rooms have a fireplace that does not turn off, so you must keep the patio door open all night to cool the room. Rooms are small so don’t bring a kid. Balcony is very small. I was sick for two-weeks after my visit because I left the door open all night so the room would be comfortable. At 3am tried to close door, but room heated up again at 4am. There’s no front desk I’m serious.

Cute, but hot and overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member kmarte

We were looking for a special hotel for our last night in the Central Coast of California.

I found the hotel by search for the area. Avila Beach is a great halfway point for a driving trip from LA to SF.

Once we arrived at the hotel the lobby was full of guests enjoying the afternoon wine and treats. We open the door to our suite, which are very pleasing - King bed, Spa tub, fireplace and one block for the ocean.

We ate dinner and returned for our rest to find out that the rooms have no A/C. We were told that there is a ceiling fan and a portable fan in the closet.

We left the door opening with the fans on all night hoping the ocean breeze would help, but the hot room unfortunately ruined evening. I believe that for the price we should have had ALL the amenities.

This hotel is Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member sashook

This is the perfect hotel. The best hotel we have ever stayed at and we have stayed in some very fine hotels. The hotel is very intimate. The staff helped with dinner reservations each night, and offered suggestions for shopping, food, and end the warm cookies and cold milk. The shower with six shower heads was the best, the bed was so comfortable, the TV was great. Really the best. WE will be back in December.

Fantastic Beach Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member ctafoya

We happened across this place after taking some good advice from the lady at the Hula Hut (down the street with good simple smoothies, coffee, and sandwiches). We are in the area celebrating our wedding anniversary. We stayed at the Cliff Resort last night, which costs about the same, but this place is SOOO much nicer. We love it!
This place is warm and romantic, while the staff is friendly and accomodating. We can't wait for a time when we can come back. It is definitely worth the money! They host a wine hour in the evening, give you a gift basket in your room, have CDs, DVDs, and books for the guests AND the rooms are fantastic...definitely worth the price of admission.

Beautiful, quaint, and different

by TripAdvisor Member jarbitro

This is not like other hotels. First, there is a communal, almost European, environment. The guests mingle downstairs for wine, cheese, and appetizers. There was never a time in the lounge when travelers were not sharing their stories.

Second, the rooms were extreme: A shower with six nozzles, and in-room tub, massive (and tasteful) mirrors, an i-pod port, a Bose stereo system, and a flat screen, HD TV mounted above the fireplace.

There were complimentary snacks, from granola to candy, coke to wine. There was no AC, but also none needed in October. There is a library, as well as shelves of DVD's for the rooms.

The beach is a block away, visible, and a fun walk through a newly renovated town. This is a hide-away about ten minutes from SLO, 5 minutes from the 101. It is quiet, secluded, and one of the most romantic places I have ever stated.

Comments