256 Front St, Avila Beach, CA 93424

Inn at Avila Beach
Priceline.com Tingo.com Travelocity

• tvdandy's Profile Photo

The closet thing to a B&B, without the price!

I love this place!!! Not only is it right off the ocean, but the atmosphere is pure B & B, without the huge price tag. Not only are the rooms spacious but there is a nice living room area where guests can gather and talk, or watch the wide screen television. There is also complimentary water and coffee available at all times. Another great treat is the vast library of paperbacks available as well as a huge selection of DVD's to take to your room. Everything is on the honor system. The very best part is the upstairs roof patio with grills available and a bar for private parties. There are hammocks that line the roof top so you can chill, have a drink and watch the sunset as the crashing of the waves soothe your soul. This place is basically like one giant guest house. I cannot emphasize enough how much I enjoyed my time here. The staff are wonderful as well.

More about Inn At Avila Beach

Wonderful!

Our Vacation was wonderful because of the staff and owner of the Avila Beach Inn, in Avila, California. They made us feel right at home in their little spanish style haceinda. A very friendly, quaint and a quiet place to stay.

From our suite style room we could hear the ocean all day from our private balcony or go up to their sun roof and enjoy lounging in the hammocks or under the palapas provided.

I have already recommended to my friends that they need to stay at the inn on their next vacation. It's worth it.

Lynn and Erik Peterson, Nevada

What a great Christmas!

The whole experience was fabulous. From the moment I called to make the reservation until we sadly drove away from the inn everything was great. Four of us decided to go and spend Christmas at the beach. We will never regret that decision and intend on doing it again next year. We got beautiful ocean view rooms which were spacious and comfortable. The entire staff was friendly and beyond helpful, even those who worked Christmas day were bright and cheery. We barbecued on the roof for Christmas and Edward did the dishes for us! I'm telling you, they are great. We loved the rooms, the pies, the ham, the robes, (we bought some to take home), and of course the peacefulness and beauty of the place. If you are into the Hilton and Sheraton experience forget it, stay there and leave this place to those of us who appreciate a fun and relaxing inn at the beach. All I can say is we can't wait to go back!

Kind of weird, but kind of nice!

For the price, we got a decent room on the side with a bit of an ocean view (I would recommend you upgrade and get a side or view room or you will have a terrible view of the back lot.) The rooms are clean, but funky! Nice toiletries and good towels. The amenities are nice, you can use their video library and they offer some goodies at breakfast and pie and beverages at night. More than what most places offer. The staff is very friendly. Since there are only a couple of places to stay in Avila Beach, I might try the other hotel, but I wouldn't hesitate to come back. Avila Beach is quaint and fun to explore around, so you shouldn't be hanging out in your room too long nit picking.

be careful

we stayed this last weekend for our anniversary. When you book a room, ask lots of questions! Initially we were dissapointed with our room, it did not meet our expectations, the room was quite small and cramped, the bed was hard and the pillows were just ok, especially for the price. we did see some of the oceanfront suites which are the same price and seemed to be very nice. i would go back but i will ask more questions and get a room with a true view not a partial ocean view which means you have to sit in the tub and crane your neck to see it. the room could use some TLC but this place does have a certain charm, just be careful when you make your reservations!!

Great Room!

by TripAdvisor Member Mariposa1020

What a great location! The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated with lots of great touches, such as the upgraded thread count sheets on a very comfortable bed, fireplace, Jacuzzi, and a canopy day bed for reading and relaxing! Highly recommended!

Nightmare....

by TripAdvisor Member Hoobawhat

It's possible the other reviewers who gave this hotel 4 stars stayed in a different part of the hotel but from my experience I really can't believe they gave the hotel high marks.

I stayed in room 210 and it looked like one of those converted weekly apartment rooms. The room smelled like ant spray and when I walked to my room, the door wasn't even locked, which really didn't matter since the the lock didn't set in the door jam and I had to use a chair under the door knob to keep it locked.

If that wasn't bad enough, the toilet seat was broken. Also, the floor of the bathtub was green from what I would think was mildew, I couldn't tell and I really didn't want to know.

This was the first time I ever stayed in a hotel and I didn't take off my slippers as I walked around my room. It was just downright scary and disgusting.

I took some photos to show I'm not exaggerating but I don't even think the photos showed how bad this room really was. Do yourself a favor, book a room in San Luis Obispo and drive ten minutes to Avila Beach. You'll find many nicer hotels in SLO instead of this one. This had to be the worst room I have ever stayed in.

The Inn at Avila Beach

by TripAdvisor Member picksomething

We recently spent 2 nights at the Inn at Avila Beach which we really enjoyed. Property sits overlooking the beach with an unobstructed view from the ocean-view rooms. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooftop deck nice option for sunning and relaxing, and close proximity to the actual beach is great. Having covered garage space for car is very valued. We will gladly return for another visit and would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Wow quirky - unique

by TripAdvisor Member Narziss

We came upon this place 6000 miles from home. It is amazing - and really has the WOW factor. We feel we have experienced something quite unique

* It reall IS on the beach
* It does have GUEST internet, and its FAST and it's FREE
* It has a sundeck for sun lovers and a library for booklovers
* It has undercover parking so your car doesn't bake in the sun

We stayed in rooms 213 and 306 which were each quite different and this was reflected in the comments of those who shared their experiences in the room journals, each set of journals were really quite wonderful and quite different.

We loved this place and would certainly come back, and our personal preference would be for the intimacy and privacy of room 213.

Great time!

We had a great time staying at the Inn at Avila Beach.
Our room was facing the courtyard and was beautifully decorated inside. The dressing gowns were a great touch, as was the microwave and popcorn!
The sundeck was a great area to relax after we had been around the town, we enjoyed reading whilst lying on the hammocks!
The Inn recommended the Custom House for dinner and Fatcats for Breakfast, both of which we visited and thoroughly enjoyed the yummy food.
Would definately recommend the Inn at Avila Beach for a relaxing break or as we did, for a nights stop between San Francisco and LA.

Better than Big Sur !

The Inn at Avila was a highlight of our family vacation with our Grandchildren.
After a long trip down from Big Sur, we were ready to relax, and the kids were ready to play. The friendly faces in the lobby, the convience and service from the start were 'First Class' and the toy Shovel & Buckets for the Boys was a great touch. The first of so many thoughtful things!
The rooms were beautiful and the decorations were fantastic. It felt like a scene from an exotic movie set. Especially the Ocean view from the Balony and the soothing sound of the surf which was the best of the trip. I really loved the 'Patio on the Roof' and watching the sunset from the Hamocks was pure luxury.
The boys had a great time building sand castles and learning to surf. The Boardwalk in Avila was a treat for all of us and it was such a relief to have everything within walking distance. So many of the small things you did made our stay more like being with family; the library of books and movies for us, the beverages and snacks, (it was like having your refrigator from home).
Our stay is wonderful memory for all of us. Our boys are still talking about it, and I am looking forward to a "Special Birthday' return visit and one of your rooms with Ocean View, Hot Tub and Fireplace!

Comments