5101 California Avenue, Bakersfield, California, 93309, United States

Expedia.com FourPoints.com Orbitz.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Best bet in the Southwest

The Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield is centrally located in the heart of the Bakersfield business district on 7.5 acres of lush landscaped grounds and interior courtyard.

All oversized deluxe guest rooms feature such amenities as three telephones with simultaneous voice and data capabilities for internet access, voice mail, work desks, video check-out, LodgeNet pay per view movies and Nintendo games, complimentary USA Today newspapers (Mon-Fri), iron & ironing boards, and in-room coffee service.

The hotel's four-star restaurant "The Bistro" provides outstanding culinary treats for breakfast, lunch, dinner or in-room service. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to and from Meadows Field Airport as well as within a 5-mile radius of the hotel.

Other hotel services include a 24 hour front desk, business center, outdoor heated pool, laundry service and fitness facility.

Directions: Near the intersection of California and Stockdale Highway

More about Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield

Great Four Points!

by TripAdvisor Member juliebean06

We stayed 1 night on June 1 for a wedding outside of Bakersfield and were very pleased with the hotel. The courtyard and pool area are lovely, they were doing a wedding rehearsal set-up when we arrived.
The hotel is in a business district, but restaurants and grocery/drug stores are just down the street. The area was quiet in the nighttime.
We had a pretty speedy check-in with no problems. Asked for directions to some local places and got them with no problems. We had a bottom story room with a patio looking into the courtyard. We were happy with the size of the room, the desk and other few tables provided more than enough space for me to work on all of the last minute wedding projects I needed to finish up. The bed was comfortable and the room had a flat screen TV. Later in the night we requested a fridge in our room, they brought it extremely promptly and it was no charge. We were able to hear some noise through the walls and in the hallways, but nothing too bad. Amenities in the bathroom were nice and the shower had the curved shower curtain bar that makes the shower so much more roomy!
Overall, I thought it was a good value for the $ and would recommend it to others.

Very good very clean

by TripAdvisor Member jfbenzl

The room was large, clean, and with new furniture. It had easy internet access (via ethernet cable) and a flat screen TV. The bed linen smelled fresh. The bathroom was white and clean and the bath items nice as well. Overall a great place to stop over if you are like me and demand a very clean hotel. I will stay there again for sure.

Things that could be improved? The hallway was was hot, and the breakfast was not so good (except for the coffee).

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member ilovecheese

This hotel is very nice - staff very efficient, rooms HUGE and very well maintained. They are also very clearly aimed at business travellers (which is reflected in the fact that rooms feel a bit like an office and the fact that the room service costs are sky high!).

The pool area was lovely - a hot tub and a fire pit that are available til 11pm - great place to bring some beers if you were staying here with friends! and despite the fact that there were some revellers outside our room we couldnt hear a thing and slept very very well!

Check out was also fast and efficient.

two small complaints - there is a charge of $1 per day for
"unlimited phone use" whether you use phone or not! and the breakfast
buffet is a bit nasty - but when one is a dollar and the other is free these really are very VERY small complaints!

Worst hotel exprience in my life

by TripAdvisor Member jd_name

We checked-in at 11 pm with intention of leaving at 6.30 next morning. I had 2 rooms booked. When we checked-in the front desk mixed up several reservations and I got a call at 12.30 am from the night clerk who said that I need to move, because someone who was supposed to get this type of room (king) is here. I had to go to the reception desk, got their manager involved. They didn't do anything just kept mumbling something about mixed reservation and that they didn't know who is staying where. On top of everything, when we left I learned that the night clerk sent their security guard to the second room, and woke up my sister-in-law and her 6 month old baby. He did it while I was standing in front of him without even saying a word about it. I didn't get any normal apologies. Basically 7.5 hours of staying there turned into a nightmare.
Horrible service, clean rooms with poor soundproofing.

Meh... I expected better.

by TripAdvisor Member demonpanda

Although the Sheraton does have SOME nice amenities (large room, comfortable bed, huge tv), these hardly make up for the things that are lacking. I had read many of the posted TA reviews before booking here, so was aware that there were some complaints about the paper-thin walls. THEY WERE NOT KIDDING! It felt as if my neighbors were in the same room that I was in. Furthermore, as a hotel that supposedly caters to business travelers, I don't understand why they would put said business traveler in a room surrounded by large families. It was like having screaming kids in stereo up until midnight! The bathroom, while refurbished, showed signs of poor upkeep/wear and tear. The wallpaper was peeling in the corners and it didn't seem as if the housekeeping staff had adequately vacuumed the floors as there was hair in the corners and what looked like food crumbs?

I would say that this is an adequate 2-3 star hotel. I believe that there are better options to be had at more reasonable prices. You can definitely do better!

Second stay, never had a problem...

by TripAdvisor Member Bellarina126

I have stayed at this hotel twice on business, and I'm not sure what all the negative fuss about. It's an older hotel that has been renovated, and it's an old-fashioned California 'resort' style hotel with several buildings surrounding the pool area. The rooms are huge, with new comfortable beds, and large, flat screen TVs. The front desk staff have always been professional and friendly. Room service is a bit overpriced, but what room service isn't? In room internet is free, which is nice when you are traveling for work and can't leave the email behind.

negative experience

by TripAdvisor Member VC1850

I stayed at the Four Points for a business trip. I was a female travling alone, and my room was in a very dark area across from a parking lot and some thick bushes. I was very concerned for my safety the whole night. The air conditioner was also very loud.

One of my business colleagues also stayed at the Four Points the same night, and the hotel staff could not find his reservation, and it took a while for the reservation desk to get him a room.

The dinner options at the hotel were very limited. The only vegetarian option was a grilled cheese sandwich from the children's menu. The breakfast menu, however, was more extensive and the food was satisfactory - equivalent to what you would expect at a Denny's.

Comforts of Home

by TripAdvisor Member BrentwoodBear

This recently renovated property is my favorite place to stay in Bakersfield. Rooms are very large with comfortable Sheraton perfect sleeper style beds, flat screen LCD televisions, and large bathrooms with modern fixtures. This is a quiet property about a mile off the freeway, with a large pool and beautiful landscaping.

Tuesday nights usually feature a poolside bbq in the summer with free beer and wine or a managers reception in the lobby with hors'doeurves and drinks in the winter. I always look forward to returning to the 4 pts.

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member SteveinDallas

We had a terrific experience at this hotel. Rooms are clean, well appointed in a up-to-date fashion and comfortable. The hotel design is unique and includes a beautiful courtyard, with pool area, spa, fountains, and nice landscaping. Staff is the usual Starwood experience. Everyone is personable and helpful. A request to Housekeeping was fulfilled in less than 5 minutes.

Also, rooms are larger than normal with extra space in the key areas. Noise level may have been a bit above average (noise through ceiling or door), but I hardly noticed, and given the other terrific aspects of this hotel, I didn't think twice about it.

Highly recommended for Bakersfield area!

Comments