Residence Inn By Marriott Bakersfield

Keelo's Profile Photo

Air Conditioned Comfort

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 1, 2008

Went to Bakersfield for the Bakersfield Thunder Run motorcycle rally. Stayed here and it was great. Everything is close by and with the temps being 102 degrees, the air conditioning worked flawlessly. I was told to avoid the rooms in front because of train traffic. Well I stayed in front and although you could hear the train,it wasn't that loud. The only down side was on the last night a family rented the room over ours and evidently decided to have a marathon in their room. I heard nothing but stomping untill about 10:30 or 11:00. Families Show some concideration. Your little darlings are not everybodies little darlings.

Directions: California Ave exit then right on Chester Lane.

WFTR's Profile Photo

Everything that they claim

by written on December 30, 2002

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Bakersfield for about six weeks in the spring of 2001 while doing turnaround work at the refinery. It was everything that the commercials say that a Residence Inn will be.

My work kept me too busy to "live" there in the sense of being able to cook my own food, but my room had a fully furnished kitchen. I could have bought groceries and cooked in my room as well as I can cook in my own home (which isn't very good, but that's another story). The cleaning crew took care of what little kitchen clutter I generated every day.

I've said in other places that I judge a place's TV setup by whether it has FOX News, but I honestly can't remember whether this place had FOX News. Again, my work kept me busy enough that I barely noticed the TV.

Because I was there for so long, I needed laundry facilities, and I was reasonably satisfied with these. I had to wait for a washer or dryer once or twice, but they seemed to have enough to take care of things. Access required a room key, so I felt secure leaving my clothes in the washer or dryer and not sitting with them.

They serve a good breakfast in the lobby area every morning. The place was filled mostly with other refinery-type people when I was there, but it was a good way to start those early mornings.

Unique Quality: What I'm writing here doesn't really fit as "unique qualities," but I'm putting it here because I ran into the character limit on the description.

The location is convenient to about everything in Bakersfield. I could reach Hwy 99 in two or three minutes most of the time. The area around the motel seemed safe, so I could take walks at night to loosen tired muscles and joints. There is a strip mall in front of the motel, and I was able to get needed stuff in the drugstore. I think there was also an electronics store there. In the parking lot of the strip mall were two restaurants. One was one of those salad and soup places. The other was a Chinese restaurant. Both were pretty good.

If one walks a little way down the street and crosses California Avenue, there are other restaurants and another strip mall. The strip mall had a Barnes and Noble which is always of interest to me. The restaurant that I remember was Marie Callender's, but there might have been another.

The room service food comes from Hungry Hunter restaurant, and I describe this restaurant on my Bakersfield page. The food there is great, but I never ordered it to my room.

Directions: just south of Kern River and just west of Hwy 99

Residence Inn - Bakersfield

by written on August 26, 2002

$99 per night USD

Unique Quality: An extended stay hotel, the Residence inn offers a great value for any traveler staying more than a few days. Every room is a mini suite, featuring a full kitchen, full size refrigerator, etc.

The facility also features an outdoor pool, tennis/basketball court, and open use barbeque facilities.

Housekeeping was excellent, even to the point of doing dirty dishes left in the sink. Another nice feature is a full breakfast bar featuring at least one hot item (most often scrambled eggs, sometimes make your own waffles). Complimentary evening snacks are provided Monday thru Thursday, and included things like Hot Dogs, Spicy Wings, etc while I was there.

Facility also has several washing machines.

My only complaint my entire stay was that the TV was a bit small (only a 20 incher in my room.)

Directions: I forget the exact address, alas, its just off the middle highway exit (there are 3) to Bakersfield.

Nearby Residence Inn By Marriott Bakersfield

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette
  • Suites

Bakersfield Travel Forum

Need advice about Bakersfield, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Bakersfield and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bakersfield hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Bakersfield
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Things to Do
California Living Museum C.A.L.M.
Coconut Joe's Beach Grill
Welcome To Bakersfield!
Don Perico Mexican
Famous Daves
Colonel Thomas Baker Memorial No. 382
Things to Do
A menu for the whole family~
Gourmet Burgers & Craft Beer
Black Gold: The Oil Experience
TV Land & Food~
Chinese Memorial Cemetery
Off The Beaten Path
Beef by train~Sadly this has closed:(
Let Sing Gong Temple~
History Is Here at the Kern County Museum
Carrying on Family Tradition
Great Sandwiches!
Restaurants
Great food and fun decor
Hometown Friendly