The Ballard Inn

See Amenities

Romantic B&B in Santa Barbara Wine Country

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2007

Nestled between lush green wineries in Santa Ynez, the Ballard Inn is charming and cozy. The Inn had different themed rooms, each more inviting than the next. The Jarado room with its native American decor has hardwood floors, area rugs, and buckskin chairs. The Ballard Inn was quaint and romantic, and didn't fall short of any expectations. The staff was young and friendly, always willing to help, and paid attention to making their guests comfortable. The surrounding area is beautiful! The Inn keeps bicycles for their guests to use. At only $8 an hour, it is a fun and active way to ride the rolling hills and experience the serenity of the area. The Inn also has a wine and appetizer hour from 5 to 7 pm with yummy grilled veggies, cheese, olives, and crackers- a great way to try wines of the area and meet other guests. The breakfast was also tasty offering egg and pancake options. The Ballard Inn was perfect for our relaxing and romantic getaway.

Unique Quality: Helpful and friendly staff!

jrjohnson's Profile Photo

Wine Country B&B

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 3, 2005

My brother had his wedding in Los Olivos and we stayed at the Ballard Inn. I'm used to a more traditional hotel all of the comforts, like phone and TV. This B&B has none of that... I understand it's a B&B so by design it's not trying to be a hotel, but no phone in the room? Cell phone service was spotty at best, so the lack of phone was rough. And for almost $300 a night, i expected a phone and a TV. We were there on a Saturday in the Fall, it would have been nice to have a little college football on in the background.

The room we stayed in, named "The Equestrian" was great, notwithstanding my issues above. My brother stayed in "The Vineyard" and it was equally nice.

Unique Quality: They have bicycles for the guests to use. I think that is a great touch, even though riding a bike home from wine tasting can be hazardous especially with other wine tasters behind the wheel of their car trying to keep it on the road.

The restaurant: It smelled great! The restaurant is on the bottom floor and the aroma from the kitchen fills the entire house. If you're a vegetarian, i think it could be tough on you, because I smelled plenty of savory meats being cooked in their kitchen. We didn't eat there so I can only comment on the delightful smells.

Nearby The Ballard Inn

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ballard Travel Forum

Need advice about Ballard, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Ballard and ask our Answer Gurus.

Ballard Travel Guide