53134 Road 432, Bass Lake, California, 93604, United States

Steak and LobsterSteak and Lobster

A Time for Romance in a Spa SuiteA Time for Romance in a Spa Suite

The Romantic Pines Resort SuitesThe Romantic Pines Resort Suites

Bass Lake from the BoatBass Lake from the Boat

Has anyone been to Bass Lake, California?

by debruss

We just bought a boat (runabout) and are thinking about going to Bass Lake this summer. I've heard good things about the Pines Resort, but know nothing about the lake. Are there beaches where you can just pull your boat up on the beach? Is it a real crowded lake? Anything else helpful would be appreciated. Our other choice is Lake Mohave, but would prefer Bass Lake.

Debby

Re: Has anyone been to Bass Lake, California?

by hyeport

I live in Fresno and I would highly recommend Bass Lake. My wife and I stayed at the Pines Resort last year. Our room overlooked the lake and we had a bath tub with jets, it was beautiful. We don't have a boat, but there is a dock at the Pines Resort. When I was a boy growing up in Fresno, we would always go to Bass Lake for the 4th of July. They have a nice fireworks show. The best way to enjoy the show would be on a boat. I don't know when you are planning your trip, but I would plan during the week, it you what to minimize the crowds. It does get crowded during the summer season, but I wouldn't let that stop you. I have water skied on Bass Lake and docked on some sand beaches. The beaches are relatively small. It is pretty woodsy around the lake. The lake is longer than it is wide. I hope this helps. Where are you coming from?

Travel Tips for Bass Lake

Manzaniti Lake

by sunshinejo

We stumbled upon this little gem of a picnic area quite by accident and spent a really pleasant hour or so here over lunch. There are a handful of icnic benches by the lake, as well as a couple of barbeques, porta-cabins and a water fountain (not suitable for drinking). As we picniced we watched woodpeckers in the trees and duck and geese on the lake. The only other people around was a lone fisherman in a small rubber dinghy on the lake. It was beautiful and perfect.

Sadly, however, I have no idea where it is other than to say that it's in the Bass Lake area - at least now you know to look out for it!

Bass Lake & The Sierra National Forest

by sunshinejo

I visited the Bass Lake area of the Sierra National Forest with my parents on the last day of our stay in the Yosemite area. We'd decided that we'd had enough of the crowds of tourists in Yosemite, and were ready for a change of scenery and some peace and quiet. and the Sierra National Forest turned out to be just what we were after.

Although it shares the same stunning scenery as Yosemite (although slightly less dramatic than that around the Yosemite Valley) and has plenty of hikes available for those wishing to explore it's less well known and therefore less visited than Yosemite.

We drove to Bass Lake and followed Highway 222 which takes you right around the lake, although it doesn't always follow the shoreline exactly. The lake itself is really beautiful, on the day we went it was really warm and sunny and the lake shown bright blue, matching the clear blue sky and contrasting with the deep green of the pine trees that line the shore - perfect! There were a few small fishing boats out on the lake, and you'd occasionally see children playing on one of the small, sandy beaches along the shore. However, you got the feeling that most of these people spent a lot of time at the lake - perhaps Americans living within a few hours of here who have holiday homes in the area. There certainly weren't the crowds of international tourists we'd gotten used to in Yosemite.

Bass Lake and Lake Reddinger

by malianrob

"Three little monkeys...."

See no evil...
Speak no evil.....
Hear no evil........

"Work like you dont need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
And dance like no one is watching."

We discovered Lake Reddinger by accident. Our trip was to Bass Lake but we didnt know that there was a $50 permit fee to get on the Lake with our seadoos. (jet ski's and seadoos $50, boats are much more and the price depends on the horsepower). On top of that the lake was congested. There were so many people trying to get on the lake that i was alittle let down. The Lake is beautiful but not what i was looking for.
Another thing we didnt care for was that there are only specific places were you can go with your seadoo or boat. We wanted alittle more freedom so we asked around trying to see what we can do and a local told us to "go where the locals go". Lake Reddinger was free, about 15-20 minutes away, and hardly no one on the water. We found a little beach and relaxed there til dusk. It was so awesome!

Bass Lake

by janders

Bass lake is a great lake high in the Serrias. We love this lake and its not because we have family that up there, it's just loads of fun.
You can do everything while having the beautiful tall pine trees as your back drop.
The lake is at an elevation of about 5,000 ft, but the water, durring the summer time, is as warm as bath water.

This the main swimming area in front or back of the Pines Resort.

The Pines Resort