Doubletree Hotel Berkeley Marina

See Amenities

Romantic, NOT for business traveler

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 19, 2009

Needed to teach two days of classes in Bay Area and got great deal through Priceline. Location is out on artificial marina, so secluded from the hustle & bustle of urban activity. Rooms were very nice inside, quite romantic. Unfortunately, I was not there for a romantic outing, I was there for business. I got spotty cellphone coverage with AT&T and my data card from AT&T only could get 1 bar of service with 2G speed ~400 Kbps. I had several things to work on, so I "splurged" by spending the $10/day for wired Internet from the hotel; BIG mistake. Hotel's Internet was far too slow for modern day Internet use... 350 Kbps download with 128 Kbps upload; too slow for any graphics. I was thankfully granted a refund for Internet access. The TV was one of the nicest I've seen in a hotel, but unfortunately, all of the channels expect for the pay-per-view promo channel looked absolutely aweful, with top and bottom of images chopped off and very poor picture quality. So... no reliable cell service, no reliable Internet and nothing good to watch on TV... only leaves romance.... I was by myself.

I went to the restaurant to see what was available. As I'm a vegetarian, I asked to see a menu before sitting down; GOOD decision. There was not a single item on the menu, including appitizers and salads that were vegetarian. Everything was extremely expensive too. I drove over to nearby Emeryville, where I had many options; I settled on California Pizza Kitchen, which I liked.

Directions: Berkeley Marina

RoseAmano's Profile Photo

Close to the Hornblower Cruising!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 15, 2004

I stayed in this hotel for a conference, which also included a lovely night on a pleasure cruise aboard the Hornblower.

It was a decent hotel with shuttle service to/from airport, however not a good location for leaving the premises and go "walking" to shops, restaurants etc. If you go, and would like to see the area besides the hotel you are better off to rent a car for ease of transport .

Nearby Doubletree Hotel Berkeley Marina

Doubletree Hotel Berkeley Marina

• Doubletree Berkeley
  • Berkeley Doubletree
  • Doubletree By Hilton Berkeley Marina Hotel Berkeley

Address: 200 Marina Blvd, (formerly Berkeley Marina Radisson), Berkeley, California, 94710, United States

Amenities at Doubletree Hotel Berkeley Marina

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Berkeley Travel Forum

Need advice about Berkeley, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Berkeley and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Berkeley hotel reviews