9400 West Olympic Blvd, Beverly Hills, California, 90212, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Understated Luxury~ Avalon Beverly Hills

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Avalon Hotel...

We’ve all run into business partners, hairdressers, and personal shoppers at the ever popular Peninsula, Four Seasons, and Regent Beverly Wilshire, so to avoid anymore uncomfortable situations, try the 1960's Palm Springs styled Avalon Hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills. This quaint little hideaway can almost be mistook for another apartment building, instead of an inner-city escape . Inside, the attractive staff can seat you in a comfortable, private cabana as you nibble on decadent delights and sip a boutique martini around the dramatic hourglass shaped pool. Mozy upstairs to a luxurious room or spacious penthouse, and enjoy.

Unique Quality: ~1960's palms springs inspired luxury

~happening downstairs pool bar with great drinks

~designer furnishings

~in room spa tratments

~cd/dvd/vcr in room

~fully stocked mini bar

~valet

Directions: Olympic and Beverly.

More about Avalon Beverly Hills

Great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Jgrey

I had my bday at blue on blue. So fun! Great drinks and attentive service. I then stayed the night at the Avalon. The design of the rooms is so different from most hotels I've seen. And the Front Desk is so friendly! I will definitely recommend the Avalon to friends.

A new Los Angeles Home!

I stayed at the Avalon 2 weeks ago for my first time. I travel a lot for work and I am never satisfied with hotels! Avalon broke my record of horrible Los Angeles hotel stays. From the front desk staff to the housekeepers I was so happy. The rooms are comfortable and the staff is VERY courteous! This will be my new home in L.A.!!!

Fun and comfortable

My husband, 7 year old son and I stayed at the Avalon for a weekend away from San Diego over Thanksgiving break. The hotel is unassuming from the outside, but a pleasure throughout inside, with a curvy, busy lobby overlooking a completely facelifted retro pool with poolside dining. Our room was in the building separate from the main hotel, which was fine since it was a very quiet room at night. The room was way cool--great furnishings, design, colors (cool greens and blues), with excellent sheets, pillows, etc. Bathroom was tiny, but cleverly designed. Room service was excellent, as is the restaurant. They gave us a cabana table, and the food was some of the best we had on this trip to LA. Service throughout was professional, and despite the slightly "too cool for you" ambience, the staff was not snobby or haughty at all. I would stay here again.

Avalon is well above average

Stayed 3 nights over 4th of July weekend. We were very pleased with the Avalon - very friendly staff, good location, big (450 sq. ft.) room with Eames-like furniture. The pool area is quite nice and we spent an hour or so each day lounging there.

The only drawback is that rooms facing the pool area get a *lot* of ambient noise.

Great modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Luv5*

I am a bit *** when it comes to my hotel accomodations, and I try to research them thoroughly. Because I have always found these reviews to be very helpful, I thought that I would post one about the Avalon. I recently stayed there for one night, my husband and his colleague stayed there for three nights. You will not be blown away by the exterior, lobby or outdoor hallways to your room. However, I thought that the rooms were great. They included modern furnishings and were very spacious. I stayed in Room 216, and it was a little noisy in the morning because it was over a loading dock. However, because the hotel is in a residential area, it was very quiet at night. The service was impeccable, especially the concierge (also the front desk attendants) and the valet. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families or anyone who likes more traditional or plush surroundings. Just to give you an idea, both my husband and his colleague said that they felt very "metrosexual" staying in this hotel. . .definitely cool and hip.

If you can accept the trade-offs, this place is for you!

Okay, well first off, I have to give kudos where kudos are due.
The style and design of this Hotel are amazing...as long as you are into the hip, modern style (and if you're not, don't stay here!).
Not being from CA, finding the hotel was a little challenging at first. There are no large signs informing you of its' location. Bring a map and be sure to watch out for your side streets.
The valet service is great (and much needed since you are in Beverly Hills parking is at a premium!) as is the service at the front desk. Everyone looks like they just walked straight off of Rodeo Drive-but I guess that is the Bevery Hills experience!
We were given our room key, and a person to show us to our room. I was rather surprised to find out that we had to cross a back alley/parking lot to get to our "tower" of rooms. The elevator was very small, as were the hallways. The rooms were small, but another reviewer warned me of that occurance. They were so fashionably decorated that I just had to take some photos so that I could take home some ideas for my own house!
I think the good decorating was ALMOST enough to take away from the small size of the rooms. There is hardly anywhere to take a seat in the room and the bathroom has an old fashioned stand up shower (no opportunity for baths here people!) but NO fan. I can't explain to you how steamy a tiny bathroom and a 150 sq ft room can get with NO fan!
Our room had a view of the lovely parking garage/alley (the one that we crossed when we were going to our room). The platform bed was OKAY at best, but definately not on par with some of the finer Hotels.
Of course the location was great, as was the price (for Beveryly Hills anyways). I felt a little out of place since I don't really fit that BH stereotype and this Hotel is CLEARLY about being seen.
The poolside cabana's look great, but I don't think I would frequent them unless you have a lot to show off. The pool and lounge face the lobby so there you are for all to see. Again, if you like that sort of thing, then great for you, and you should have no problem!
Anyhow, the decor was nice, as were the staff, but the rooms and locations of the rooms were just a little too strange and too small for me to feel comfortable. Mabye I'm just a little claustrophobic, I don't know.

great chilled out hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jet_set_747

Everything here is dead on perfect. Front desk and valet staff are extremely polite and accommodating. Rooms look great, hiply decorated and newly remodeled. Beds were ultra comfortable. Lounge and restaurant is cool. Pool is quaint, yet relaxing - also offers cabanas. Wireless internet by the pool (free). Close to where you need to be while out of busy traffic at the same time. Beverly Hills restaurants and bars in walking distance. This is a great chill hotel to relax at in after a crazy night/morning on Sunset or in the hills. The only problem we had was a minor billing error, which was easily resolved. Will definitely return!

PS: Avoid the Standard on Sunset - only go there for the lounge

Great place to be!

I loved this hotel!! It had great atmosphere. The staff was kind and accommodating. Our room amazing—it was high quality and well-decorated with a really comfortable bed and a nice balcony that overlooked the pool. I especially enjoyed brunch in the poolside cabanas. I will go back to this hotel again!

Perfect service... even with a two week old baby!

by TripAdvisor Member Megandavid

After arriving from a tiring 12 hour flight from London, our small family (mum, dad and brand new two week old baby) checked in at the Avalon. Despite arriving later than expected, we were still upgraded to a larger suite as per our booking offer. The room was very spacious and decked out in a retro kitsch cool style. We were particularly impressed which although not huge was extremely comfortable.

After freshing up we headed down to the hotel resturant/bar for dinner complete with baby and pram. The staff were very accomodating and attentive, nothing was a problem for them, so much so that our little son sensed the relaxed attitude and slept throughout the whole meal. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the food was also delightful and we had a lovely night before retiring to our room.

During the nights evening feed we had to sterilise some of the babies bottles and the night staff were equally helpful, kindly allowing my husband to use the staff microwave and helping out with cleaning.

All in all we had a great time here. Overall despite its location, Avalon is fairly unpretentious and oozes and understated style. I would definately recommend staying here and next time we are in LA, we'll stay again.

Comments