Hotel Del Flores

Hotel Del Flores
Travelocity Booking.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Beverly Hills

My son and I with Wynonna Judd near Beverly HillsMy son and I with Wynonna Judd near Beverly Hills

Marinarena, growling Leo, Beverly HillsMarinarena, growling Leo, Beverly Hills

Beverly Hills streetBeverly Hills street

Garden FountainGarden Fountain

What are good Beverley Hills attractions?

by BBQueen

Hi everyone,
Good to see so many VT'ers out there having a great time! I will be visiting Beverley Hills, CA, in mid-November and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be the "have to see" sights if I was only going to be there for 2-3 days. I will have my 1 year old son with me, so places that are suitable for infants would be necessary.
PLUS I will be staying close to Rodeo drive and Sunset boulavarde...can anyone tell me the cool places to visit on these streets. Also heard from a friend that Universal studios would be good to visit. Thanks in advance for all advise.

Happy VTing!

by GK2005

Well, Beverly Hill as such doesnt have anything to offer as tourist attractions unless you consider the palatial bungalows of all the stars (in fact, they are indeed a sight to see !!). As for Universal Studios, it would be very difficult witha one year old kid though. You may miss out on all the major Universal attractions such as Earthquake, Twister, Jurassic Park etc etc as it wont be suitable for kids because of the noise.

by Agraichen

Not certain a 1-year old would "enjoy" much of anything but you would have stroller rentals at Universal if that helps. The studio tour of Warner is more sedate and historical but not as "exciting." As mentioned most if not all but the tram ride would be off limits to the little one due to noise and sudden movement.

Consider going "over the hill" from BH to Griffith park and the LA Zoo. Again strollers are available for rent. The zoo however IS under re-construction so there's lots of detours but it might be more the speed of the child.

by cheap_tourist

The Getty Center is quite close to Beverly Hills. I think that it is very infant-friendly. I see a lot of babies when I go there.

by teejaybee

As someone else briefly mentioned Griffith Park on a clear evening has a great view of LA. Up by the Observatory is a good place and there are usually a lot of people around so it always feels safe there.

Happy Hols!

by daytime357

The Getty Museum is one of thebest in the world and is real close you might try one of the many tour buses that leave from local hotels or from h
Hollywood area

by joesorce

The Greystone Mansion is a neat place to see and not far from your hotel.

Petersen Auto Museum is cool if you like cars.

by BBQueen

Wow thanks for all the amazing advice! Travelling experiences really do change when you have an infant with you and I appreciate everyones input. The zoo, Getty Museum and The Greystone mansion were EXCELLENT ideas! My husband and I are not considering spending millions on clothes or trying to spot movie stars - as most BH websites advise.

We will be able to plan a funtime with our son without breaking our bank balance.

Thanks again all, and happy VTing!

Re: Re: What are good Beverley Hills attractions?

by Agraichen

re:'
My husband and I are not considering spending millions on clothes or trying to spot movie stars - as most BH websites advise. "

LOL...you would be surprised how many "stars" you walk by not even noticing if they are "in their civies" and not "made up."

As a former motor sports photographer, you'd be surprized how many times I walked past Paul Neuman in a driving suit if I was concentrating on another driver. (Paul preferred it that way).

Travel Tips for Beverly Hills

I'd heard that taking a walk...

by la_beba

I'd heard that taking a walk down Rodeo Drive immediately conjures up images of Rome's Via Condotti, Paris' Fauborg Saint Honore, London's New Bond Street and even New York's Madison Avenue. I believe it!!!! The street has an international flair, but comparisons stop there. Whether it's the sunshine or the notion that at any moment you might just brush shoulders with a famous celebrity, Rodeo Drive is renowned as the most American of streets with a uniquely Southern California attitude. It really is like a giant butterscotch sundae!!!! Some people have called it the ultimate cure for boredom, and I totally agree!!!! Probably one of my favorite cities in the Los Angeles area.

Dress Up Fashionably & Show Off- or not...

by marinarena

Not that there is a dress code for the city but especially along fashionable streets like Rodeo Dr or celeb-populated Robertson, you may want to don you best dress or outfit. Beverly Hills can be easily considered the place of keeping up stylish appearance. Name brand frocks are very desirable and shown off. That being said, there is still the California casualness in everyday wear here. Just to put a little advice out here, an outside tourist can mix in well in the crowd with some thought to putting the look together.

So what do I want to wear here?

by icunme

The style of Beverly Hills is casually elegant. Jeans and sportswear are the general rule by day. In the evening, dressier attire is more appropriate in some hotels, and some restaurants prefer jackets and ties for men. During fall and winter in particular, visitors will find dressing in layers, including sweaters or light jackets, the most comfortable strategy at night. Of course, if you're going to the Academy Awards - take your tux..........

Walking Beverly Hills @ Night

by kimberlyfisher1

After 7 or 8 pm, all of the shops close and everyone leaves Beverly Hills except for a few key restaurants. Stroll down Rodeo, up 2 Rodeo for blocks and blocks of undisturbed sightseeing. Notice things you've never seen in the hustle and bustle of the day time hours.

ROUTE 66 : Tip 61 - Pretty woman walking down the.

by sourbugger

"What's the impressive looking hotel at the end of steet" (Rodeo drive)

"By Impressive, I presume you mean 'expensive'. That my dear, is the Regent Beverly Wilshire, 9500 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills California 90212. Known to millions as the place where Julia Roberts gets porked silly in the film 'Pretty woman'."

"Oh, delightfully put...at least she got some new dresses and 3,000 dollars out of it"

"Some women just sell themselves too cheaply"

Next>>>