The Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills

Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills
The Mosaic Hotel B Expedia.com Booking.com

More about The Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills

The Mosaic is a gem...

As a successful novelist I am always in search of reclusive places for inspiration. During some down-time between projects, I was referred to Mosaic Hotel by a good friend, about a year and a half ago.

Brendan Carlin is the ingratiating, and effusive GM of the Mosaic. I have never seen him without a smile- and he always seems to be taking time to play host, and maintain a happy, and cheerful work environment for his staff, as well as his guests. This is a true talent that one rarely sees, or appreciates.

In a world of constant rushing, and turn-over it is quite a pleasant change to stay in a hotel where one is greeted as a Friend, rather than just being regarded as another dollar, or rented room.

I've stayed at the Mosaic multiple times last year, and even though, we're only into February, I've stayed there twice thus far this year (my agent is in LA). My stays have been without incident, AND I am pleased to say (as a seasoned traveler) that the guest rooms, pool, cafe/bar/restaurant, amenities, linens, room service, and guest services are some of the best I've experienced!

I've certainly referred many family members and friends to this establishment, and have been assured that they were treated in the same manner that I have become accustomed to.

If you're looking for prime location, friendliness, efficiency, and a 'great escape' -the Mosaic is the perfect choice!

Horrible Experience

We spent 6 nights at the Mosaic Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA during December 2004. For a so-called luxury hotel, the service and accomodations are certainly sub-standard. Let me begin.

We signed up for the Mercedes/Mini Cooper package for $299/night approx 2 months prior to our arriving at the Mosaic. You would think this would give them enough time to make sure that 1.) the dates of our stay were correct, and 2.) the Mercedes would be reserved and ready for us. This was not the case. The day prior to our arrival, my husband called the hotel to confirm our reservation only to find out that there was no reservation in the system for December. Apparently, the hotel had our reservation marked for the same dates in November. However, they charged our credit card for a portion of the stay and a $50 fee for a pickup at the airport that never happened. As a supposed accomodation they told us that they would upgrade our room from the deluxe guestroom ($299) to a luxury corner room ($329) at no extra charge.

When we arrived the next night after a 6 hour flight, 1.) the car that picked us up at the airport was a Volvo instead of our reserved Mercedes, which the guy from the car rental place knew nothing about and 2.) the supposed luxury corner room that they promised us the night before was actually a patio room that was so small I could barely fit our luggage. When I asked the bellhop if this room was the same size as the corner room he told me it was, which was not true.

The very next morning we complained to the front desk about the car, which they claimed never happened before and could not understand why it would. We witnessed the man at the front desk calling the car rental place and told us the Mercedes was ready and all we had to do was drive down the street and exchange the Volvo for it. When we arrived 10 minutes later, they had no Mercedes for us! We finally received the Mercedes on the third day of our stay.

As far as the room went, I inquired at the front desk on the second night about the corner room. The night guy claimed he could not do anything for us until the next morning, but I was able to get him to show me the corner room, which was considerably larger than our patio room and he let us switch. We were finally settled in with the room and car by the third day, which to me is unacceptable for this caliber of hotel.

Some other disappointments during our stay include 1 day of no housekeeping (never understood why) and a horrible, tasteless dinner at the hotel restaurant our first night.

In addition, to the above, we are still to this day (1/10/05) disputing an additional $134 charge on our credit card that we never incurred. According to Mosaic, this charge is from the car rental place. And why exactly is the car rental place charging our card when the car reservation goes entirely through the hotel and was included on our hotel bill when we checked out?? The Mosaic claimed they were going to credit us the amount as of 2 weeks ago, but the amount still remains on our card. My husband is on the phone constantly with these people, which is ridiculous considering the fact that we have been home already for a month.

Do not be fooled with this hotel's high-class address. In fact, they take advantage of their location, charging you a high price with little to offer. My husband and I sometimes travel for business and we have stayed in Hampton Inns with much better service and larger rooms! In the end, the Mosaic did take one night's stay off the bill, but this really doesn't make up for the unprofessional and disorganized manner in which this hotel is run and the unnecessary inconvenience that it caused us on our VACATION. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Needless to say, I would never stay in this hotel again.

Home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member Shekiniah

Owning a hotel myself - I found the staff to be exceptional and accomodations tastefully appointed. They made us feel like we were the only ones staying there and made every effort to make us feel welcome. Very quaint pool area and the breakfast was phenominal (European french toast and Fruit platter). Although we did encounter one minor mishap - the A/C was not working - they immediatly upgraded us b/c the maintenace had already gone home and the upgrade was available. I prefer the personal attention of a smaller botique hotel as opposed to the larger Beverly Hills Resort Hotels - where I would of paid the same amount of $. I highly recommend this property and look forward to visiting again. My hats off to the staff! I would love to have you at my property.

Wonderful!!

by TripAdvisor Member grammy73

We had the pleasure of staying at the Mosaic, June 1 and 2. It was beautiful, in a great location. Our room was so comfortable, everything was perfect. The staff is so, so polite, helpful, especially Stephan. He did backflips trying to make everything easier for us. Also, the food is fantastic, the chef is awesome and nice too. Our waiter was excellent, there is nothing bad to say! Thank you, Mosaic!!

Mostly good points, some bad.

This hotel was over all very nice. Bed, sheets, and shower very comfortable. Great area with easy access to all attractions. Room, shower extremely clean. Some negatives were: the air conditioner was so loud we had to turn it down and suffer some heat. The room and bathroom were very small and size rather disappointing. The staff was at times somewhat stuffy. Slight problem with check out but very appologic once he realized we were in the right. F.Y.I it costs $20.00/day for self parking in their very tight, small garage. Over all not a bad deal for Beverly Hills.

A stay at the Mosaic

by TripAdvisor Member postcardNewYork

Overall, we enjoyed our stay in this small, but accommodating hotel. The lobby and front desk are very sleek and the staff happily will answer any questions. There were a few bumps we would n't expect from a top hotel. We arrived in the middle of the night and construction forced us to try to find our way without the general directions provided. When we called the hotel for help, the person was unable to help us find our way and we were on a major crossroad. I was aware the rooms were small, but ours was smaller than any other we have stayed at. To say it was a tight squeeze for the four of us(husband and two teen daughters) was a gross understatement. With this said, the room was beautifully decorated and the space managed in the best possible way. My husband and I were able to enjoy our free coctail around the pool at semi-private tables that had curtains that separated several of the tables...nice touch. Since our appetizer took a very long time, we were given 4 amazing and fresh cookies they were baking the oven. Delicious. The toiletries were luxurious for sure and only top shelf tea and coffee for the room. Our bill at check out was incorrect....not just once...but twice...off by a couple of hundred dollars. While the two gentlemen taking care of the bill were very nice, they had a hard time understanding what was room. Finally after a couple tries a young women stepped in to the rescue and quickly fixed things, but this took a 45 minute chunk out of my day. Even with the few problems we had a would recommend this hotel as long as you don't need a lot of space.

The best 3 days of my life

This Hotle rocks it has it all the food was so yummyand the staff was so great We had a few drinks by candlelight @12:00 on a cold Nov night the pool was so warm and cozy it was so pretty and romantic I couldnt think of a better place to stay with your secret sweetheart

-M

Good but not great

by TripAdvisor Member AZCarefree

Good but not great. The location is right in the shopping heart of Beverly Hills--on the plus side. But the rooms, while nicely decorated, are small And my room (212) while it had a nice view out over the pool, was evidently above the kitchen and I was wakened at 1:30 in the morning by a terrible burned food smell (so bad I though something was on fire!). I mentioned this at the desk when I checked out and the response was a shoulder shrug. Also be careful which soap you pick up in the bathroom. I opened the bar that was for sale and not the tiny one provided. This is a reasonably pleasant hotel and I got it for $125 less than the Four Seasons or Bel Air weekend rates, but it could be better.

Outstanding Gem in Beverly Hills

I am never disappointed when I visit the Mosaic. The attention to detail is on par with a five-star hotel. The General Manager is world class. Staying here is a must.

Loved this reasonably-priced LA-style Boutique

by TripAdvisor Member aschie30

I had an excellent stay here. I stayed at The Mosaic with two girlfriends for a bachelorette weekend. Originally, we had booked the two-bedroom suite but upon later "discovering" that it had been previously booked one of the three nights of our stay, management very graciously offered us three adjoining rooms for the same price. I have to admit, when management first informed me of this problem, I was gearing up for a fight because I had re-confirmed the suite only the week before the booking issue arose. My anxiety was all for naught because the hotel came through with real service.

As for the rooms, they are luxurious, with lovely Frette-like bedding, in-room stereos, granite bathrooms, bulgari toiletries. Excellent room service. I ordered a carafe of coffee every morning that arrived within ten minutes. There were very comfortable tables and chairs situated outside each of our rooms which lended for some nice relaxation outside. There is a landscaped pool area that was used every night by guests who wanted to simply relax by the pool with a drink. The bar area adjacent to the hotel lobby was inviting and stylishly comfortable.

I would highly recommend this hotel and stay there again.

Wife with jetlagged twins in Beverly Hills, CAWife with jetlagged twins in Beverly Hills, CA

shopfront, Beverly Hillsshopfront, Beverly Hills

girls by the Beverly hills trolley, CA, USAgirls by the Beverly hills trolley, CA, USA

Me being stupid in the GardensMe being stupid in the Gardens

which tour to take

by frankwhite

Hello, my web research seems to indicate that there are two major tour companies to do a bus tour of stars homes; Starline and Hollywood tours (which may be the same as Starstours?)

Anyway both are roughly the same price and same time, 2hours, any thoughts on which is better?

Leaving wed so feedback greatly appreciated

by Ben241

Hi frankwhite

To be honest, I would not bother as they take you on tour, You will see houses, which they claim are lived by ??? no proff of that.

Are you hiring car? if so, you can purchase tour maps of the "Stars" houses, this wil be more fun, & you can do it at your own lesiure.

Ben

by Agraichen

What do you really want to see? Why pay for what you can see for yourself. You want tourist "stuff" ? Walk Hollywood Blvd; Grumman's Chinese Theater; see the stars in the cement; go to Olvera Street, site of the oldest existing residence in LA and considered the birth place of LA.

Drive up/down Mulhulland (if you really want) to see "the homes of the stars" and just imagine who lives there. The tours don't necessarily tell you who actually does anyway.

The only one I know for certain is Deryk from Sum41 and Avril Lavigne who just moved in at the top of the drive (confirmed by Deryk's father).

Universal Studios (just off of 101) can be done without a tour much cheaper as can Warner Brothers (on Olive) just down the street.

by Agraichen

by travelgourmet

As mentioned, neither. But....you can still see the homes that stars made famous by once living in them, or dying in them, or splitting up over a divorce in them, or just plain owning them. Go to the website: www.seeing-stars.com..... and have yourself a lot of star struck trivia answered for you. Saves time.

Comments