Inn Der Bach

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 57 reviews

Skiing and Boarding
See Amenities

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 23, 2011

The only thing I could compare the experience of going to Inn Der Bach with, is the 1980 movie MOTEL HELL. This place was more horrific than any of the reviews even came close to. The innkeeper (manager) was one of the biggest issues with this place. First off he and his son, who happened to also be the maid seemed to live in the managers office. We arrived at 2 PM as instructed by the woman who took our reservation. The manager was visibly upset by this and told us to leave and come back in an hour. He didn’t offer us a nice place to wait the hour, since there wasn’t a nice place within 5 miles of Inn Der Bach. This place was far from a resort unless of course a resort is a place where you chop up and eat people like in Motel Hell. I really expected that we would be turned into jerky if we stayed. The smells were horrible. The lack of cleanliness was astounding. The grounds were scary. After trying to understand why we had to pay a $40 cleaning fee on top of the money spent through Screaming Daily Deals (since the place hadn’t been cleaned for what seemed to be years) I decided I would put it on a credit card. The manager told me their credit card machine was broken even though it was plugged in and seemed to be in order. He would only take cash for the extra fees. In the end we decided to leave and fight to get our money back at a later time. We wound up going to the NORTHWOODS RESORT, and without even having a reservation got a BEAUTIFUL room on the pool with a refrigerator for the same price. If I could give INN DER BARF a negative number I would. This place should be burned to the ground. It might be more sanitary in the end. When I called Screaming Daily Deals they informed me that they would have to speak to the owner and get back to me. I reiterated my disgust that they would even support a place like that and within 30 minutes had a full refund. NEVER EVEN DRIVE BY THIS PLACE. If you see a great deal online – SKIP IT. Steer clear of Inn Der Bach.

Unique Quality: The only thing they are good at is being disgusting.

Directions: Hill Billey Big Bear City

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Big Bear City Travel Forum

Need advice about Big Bear City, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Big Bear City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Big Bear City