Big Bear Cool Cabins

Tags

Water Sports Fishing Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

COOL CABINS IS THE WORST-HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2014

My family made a reservation for a condo on 4th of July at Forest Shores Lakefront in Big Bear. We made the reservation last year in 2013 and my mom called Cool Cabins every 2 months since making the reservation to ensure they had everything they needed for the reservation. They kept saying we were all set. Then LESS THAN ONE WEEK before July 4th this year, we got a call from Cool Cabins saying the owner of the condo said there was a plumbing problem. First off this was a lie because the owner had told Cool Cabins there was a TV problem in his condo (not plumbing like Cool Cabins told us). Cool Cabins did NOT even tell the owner that his own condo was being rented out the weekend of July 4th. HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY. Jackie is the manager at Cool Cabins and really needs to learn about providing good customer service. This was the WORST EXPERIENCE ever and I encourage everyone to rent elsewhere. After all who knows you might just get a call a few days before your reservation letting you know it has been cancelled. To rate Cool Cabins with even ONE STAR is a disgrace. They deserve nothing.

Winner! winner! winner!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 16, 2012

Wow. So many questionable reviews for Cool Cabins but our friends had stayed at a cabin they absolutely (and ridiculously) LOVED called Lakeside Vintage, so we (well, my wife) went with their recommendation. Since we had been directed we had no problems at all and upon arrival I understood what our friends raved about. It was a great cabin. It is small and Very vintage (1940's?) and clean, with a dock, and the lake is right there. The evergreen smell was intoxicatingly blissful and my wife spent hours out on the porch swing while I fished. It put us in another time and we really felt relaxed there. I appreciate the owners that share this little piece of heaven with the public, I wouldn't if it were mine, yes it was that nice. The beds were comfortable (bedrooms were small) and would have loved to light the fireplace at night but it was too warm to. Staying there was really special, so many small conveniences available (like chairs for the dock to sit on, warming blankets on the beds, very clean windows, lots of cd's and movies plus cable, nice handrail going down the easy stairs to the cabin..plus plus) lots of thoughtful things like that. Most of all it was comfortable and clean. It was worth the drive and the cost. Looking forward to staying at Big Bear Lakeside Vintage Cabin again.

Unique Quality: Driving in to the driveway slowly as we looked down to our right and saw the lake right in front of that cabin I knew our friends guided us to a perfect respite. Only then, did I respond to my wife's excitement.

Directions: Cabin is: Turn right and travel over the new bridge into the Boulder (bay) area. A mile or so turn left on to Cove drive. You will loop-d-doop up and around and you'll see a post (lakeside) that has 687 in red on it.

ttt8701 Jul 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM

COOL CABINS IS THE WORST-HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

To rate Cool Cabins with even ONE STAR is a disgrace. They deserve nothing.

ZAHAA Jan 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM

No Customer Service...Don't book!I called Cool Cabins to reserve a cabin for a family trip and checked availability, cabin options and so forth. I went ahead a booked online; Received a Booking number and Confirmation email. We were set. Everyone in our party made travel arrangements; took time off and so forth. When calling to finalize details (i.e.: where to pick up the key and so forth) was told it was canceled! No notification...nothing! So unprofessional! What if I didn't call? What was going to happen then?? So disappointed in the way they handled this situation! I explained how everyone had made travel arrangement and that I was willing to work with them...maybe fins a comparable place with same pricing. But NOPE, didn't happen. My options were (1)pay for another night, even though we were only coming up for one night or (2)get another place…which all other places costed $200+ or more than the one originally booked. Was placed on hold, transferred and finally told about their "Policy". I have nothing else to say about any business that doesn't see the damage they caused to families...especially when they pull the "policy" trick. Very disappointing. Was willing to work with them but unfortunately they preferred not to have our business. So sad...so sad.....

ZAHAA Jan 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Write your comment...

Nearby Big Bear Cool Cabins

Big Bear Cool Cabins

• Big Bear Cool Cabins Hotel Big Bear Lake

Address: 40375 Big Bear Boulevard, P.O. Box 120326, Big Bear Lake, California, 92315, United States

Amenities at Big Bear Cool Cabins

• Free Parking
  • Kids Activities

Big Bear Lake Travel Forum

Need advice about Big Bear Lake, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Big Bear Lake and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Big Bear Lake hotel reviews