39367 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, California, 92315, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• PERFECT FOR FAMILIES

This past weekend was our first visit to Golden Bear Cottages. It was perfect for our family of 5.. We were upgraded to a large comfortable cabin without even asking.."Shaggy Bear" The cabin was clean and well stocked with clean towels and kitchen utensils. The owner is very sweet and gracious.. We can not wait to return... My boys (15, 13 and 5) are already asking when can go back and we just came back home yesterday! Looking forward to our next trip to Big Bear and the Golden Bear Cottages.

Unique Quality: Private cabins of historic mountain character

Directions: Close to the lake at Metcalf Bay

• ANOTHER OVER CHARGED GUEST at Golden Bear Cottages

My family and I reserved a large cabin for Thanksgiving. Golden Bear Cottages charged our credit card for the deposit when we made the reservation. Months later when we stayed and they charged our credit card the other 1/2 of the bill. Once home, we did not have a chance to go over our credit card statement since it was around the Holidays and we had many visitors from out of town. Later we found they charged us a third time (HUNDREDS OF DOLLORS over what they should have.) I contacted the office and faxed copies of credit cards statements their Office Manager but she is not returning calls and HAS NOT REFUNDED OUR MONEY. Although she could see THEY OVERCHARGED us, she said we should have contacted them sooner.
    Since then, we have found MANY other individuals posting reviews that had their DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS OVER CHARGED! Seems they have a habit of this!
    I would NOT RECOMMAND staying here! There are MANY other very nice places in Big Bear –DON"T THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY!

More about Golden Bear Cottages Resort

The Great Get Away

We Come up here every year and every year it gets better. The owners of the Golden Bear Cottages are great people. They really make you feel at home when you are there. If you want to get away from the crazy citiy i highly recommend you try the Golden Bear Cottages in Big Bear it truly is THE GREAT GET AWAY.

Great Get Away From The Las Vegas Heat

My wife and I come to Big Bear Lake each year in June for a Corvette Ralley. We have been staying at the Golden Bear Cottages for the last five years. The owner and staff are friendly and courteous and very quick to respond to the needs and requests of their guests. The cabins are clean and well maintained. The atmosphere while staying at these cottages is not one of vacationers, but one of neighbors and friends. You can not help but to slow down and take a look around and see the beauty that surrounds you while staying at these cabins. Weather you are the couple looking for that romantic get away or the family that wants to enjoy what the lake and the mountains have to offer, Golden Bear Cottages are the place to stay. As for my wife and I, we escape the heat of Las Vegas at the Golden Bear Cottages where the air is fresh and clean and the summer nights are cool and filled with stars. The Golden Bear Cottages are a place for everyone, so pets are welcome too. Find what many of us have found in the mountiains of San Bernadino, Golden Bear Cottages, my place to stay at Big Bear Lake.

Great Mountain Get Away

Golden Bear Cottages at Big Bear Lake has become our home away from home for the past few years. Not just for my wife and I, but also for our friends as well. The cabins are rustic - just what you would want in a mountain resort, but well appointed with refrig, micro, TV, VCR etc. We have found the cabins to be well maintained and very clean. The property where the cabins are situated is also very well maintained with pool and spa, and during the summer you can even catch a Saturday night movie on the big screen - pool Side... Now how is that for relaxing. The Staff and management will be sure to take good care of you because when you visit Golden Bear Cottages, you're not just another customer, but an appreciated guest...... Great resort in a great place!!

Great family vacation spot

This is the third year for our family gathering at Big Bear, and for staying at Golden Bear Cottages.

It is perfect for the 15 of us (5 families). The cottages are cute, the rooms are very comfortable and there is plenty of kitchen space. There are tables and BBQs near each cottage which give you a personal area to enjoy your stay. There is plenty to do: horseshoes, volleyball, pingpong, swimming and a spa...which is important to us as there are 6 kids. New is a large screen TV near the pool area that shows movies in the evenings. The Alpine Slide is just a couple of miles down the street.

We have looked at several properties at Big Bear and know that Golden Bear cottages is the place to be. We already plan to repeat our annual family vacation there next summer.

A Place to Return to for Families

If you want a place where you can take your kids and grangchildren, this is the place to go. The cleanest cabins we have ever stayed in. The property is beautiful and the people who run this family owned business are the best. All of our china painting group feels like I do, and they asked me to write this review for us all. We will tell all of our ladies in the club to take their families to Golden Bear Cottages.

Best place to stay in Big Bear!

by TripAdvisor Member OfficerScott

I have been staying at the Golden Bear Cottages since Don DiCarlo and family have taken over ownership, and have never had an unpleasant stay. The DiCarlo's go out of their way to ensure their guests are as comfortable and accomodated as possible. Don is especially loyal to previous guests, Servicemen, and Police Officers (I am with the latter group), which I find very refreshing in these times. Whether you are looking for a romantic weekend, or just a place to get away from it all, the Golden Bear is the place to find it. As for myself and my wife, we will never stay anywhere else on Big Bear Lake. Book ahead, as there are LOTS of people who know about this jewel on the Lake. I can't say enough good things about these fine people; I can only recommend that you try it yourself. I guarantee you'll return time and again.

A Weekend to Remember

This was our first visit to Big Bear Lake. Golden Bear Cottages made us feel like we were home. I had no clue where anything was or how it would be like when I was booking this trip for a goup of six and 2 infants. I asked a million of questions when I booked our reservation and never once did the office staff give me hard time. They were so courteous and friendly. When we arrived I found that our cabin was exactly what we were told and more. It was fabulous the whole kitchen was equipped ready for us to cook. All the rooms were super clean and decorated as if it was your own home. I was so amazed that it didn't look like a hotel or something. The cabin was our private home for this weekend. The entire property was very neat and tighty. I extremely recommend Golden Bear Cottages to anyone. It's great for a quick getaway. Especially, if you plan with a group of friends or family you can split the cost of the cabin and food. Therefore you can have a great weekend getwaway and at the same time save money. I know that our group had a fabulous time and we will be returning very soon.

A little disappointed

We rented three of the larger cabins at Golden Bear Cottages for a mini-vacation for our family. Overall we all had a wonderful time together, but were a little disappointed in our accomodations and in the management. It was quite hot during the time we were there and so it was difficult to sleep (no air conditioning). Some of the window screens were missing or in need of repair, as were blinds. The kitchens were missing some basic cooking utensils, and many of the pots and pans were in very sad shape. Also the management could not be reached one night when a problem occurred, and they would not give us credit for a cabin we moved out of early.

The recreational amenities and the setting are very nice, and our children and grandchildren enjoyed swimming and playing volleyball, and the playground, etc. The cabins were comfortable and homey, although lacking in some things (noted above). Being AAA rated, and the price we paid, we thought they could have been better, but would still recommend for a mountain getaway.

Comments