40770 Lakeview Dr, Big Bear Lake, California, 92315, United States
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Marina Resort

view and facility is great but the bed is way too soft

It's right by the lake and the view is wonderful. People are nice and you can walk to IHOP and local resturants. The bed was way too soft and I had a heard time sleeping.

Great Hotel-But...

by TripAdvisor Member mrsdingles

Due to a spur of the moment need to fish by my husband, we booked a room at the Marina Resort. The mountains surrounding Big Bear were on fire, so we were a little hesitant to come up. After a call to hotel, we were assured everything would be fine, and it was. The smoke was kind of neat to watch on the drive up. Check-in was a breeze, the hotel staff were very friendly. We had a room on the bottom floor with beach access. When we checked out the room before dinner, it was nice- a little crowded with 2 queen beds, a fridge, a patio set on the patio and a coffeemaker, but nice. It was a little stuffy inside, but we figured it would be fine when we got back from eating. Upon returning, it was still extremely stuffy and hot inside. I searched for the air conditioner and to my surprise there wasn't one. We found a small fan in the closet. I know this is more of a winter resort town, but it was 90 degrees on the lake. I didn't feel comfortable sleeping with the sliding glass door open for air, so me and my family suffered it out all night. When we came back from fishing, we decided we couldn't handle another night like that. We knew there was a 2 night minimum stay, but we were willing to forfeit one nights rate, so we packed up and came home a night early to sleep with my beloved air conditioner!!

Beautiful lake views close to the village

While on a week long trip to CA, we chose the Marina Resort for our stay in Big Bear Lake based on trip advisor reviews, their web site, and the closeness to the village shopping area. We were NOT disappointed and spent a lot of our time on our balcony just taking in the beautiful lake view. Our stay in mid June was a great time to visit since schools were not out and it was not really crowded. Our room was on the level with the street so we could park right outside our door which made it great for accessability. The rooms on that floor were all double beds with balconies, the third floor was accessed by the stairs(no elevators for handicapped) and the first floor was really below street level but was lake level with patios. I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd floors for the private balcony and the better views. The grounds were very well maintained and spawling with gazebos, lawns, a sand beach, and a patio pool area. Despite having a breakfast, it was very limited and we really enjoyed eating at The Teddy Bear restaurant which is family owned with lots of home cooking at very reasonable prices.
The location on the lake and the friendly helpful staff makes this a great choice for a hotel in Big Bear Lake.

Unfriendly Customer Service , Rooms are old and smell

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTraveler20years

The manager of the hotel was very unfriendly. They charged us for things we did not use. They would not even negotiate with us on anything. They were very unaccomodating. For the price of the room it was very small, old, not clean, and the carpet was filthy and it smelled. We had to ask for another room. Which was not any better. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Budget motel not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member carrieag1

Paper thin walls,overpriced, it is simply a budget motel on the lake in big bear................not worth $198.00 a night
Maybe worth $80 a night
filled with kids up all night

Best View of the lake without being on a boat!

by TripAdvisor Member JJBLa

To update prior reviews with our experience: Location: probably the best (view of lake from balcony, adjacent to center of town, facing North--not being blinded by sun, walking distance to a variety of restaurants). We were on the third floor (no kids) Interior must have been refurbished: bed and carpet great and clean. Room size adequate. Continental breakfast minimal including only coffee, juice, and sweet rolls, but enough to get us going. Due to allergies, we are quite picky and would have to disregard 99% of other places, but not this one. For Big Bear, it is our hotel of choice.

Cozy and Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member Appraiserdewd

My brother and law in I wanted an easy place to sleep, as we were driving from San Diego and wanted an early ski start the next day.

Even though we were delayed in San Diego and arrived with a very late check-in (1 AM) someone was cheerfully there to check us in. I had called ahead and said I would be arriving late (After 11) but didn't mean to arrive that late.

It was nice that someone was there, and the room was comfortable. The view of the lake in the morning was great and the location near Pine Knot Avenue was about as close as you can get.

Next time I will stay here early enough so that I can walk to the restaurants and hang out a little bit before getting some sleep.

The room could have easily fit 4 people to divide the rate a bit more. Well worth it.

Excellent customer service

by TripAdvisor Member Liadei

I was really happy with their service. Their service is the one of the best I have ever had. Room is not the best, but it was nice enough for staying over the weekend. Especially it is very close to Snow Summit and there are lots of restaurants and stores nearby. We forgot something at the hotel and realize when we came back to Oceanside, Ca. My husband called hotel and asked them to send it by UPS, they took immediate action and send it to us. They have complementaly breakfast (pastry, juice, coffee and tea) I would definately recommend this hotel.

Great little place

by TripAdvisor Member kidkamel

Great little place. The hotel is right off the lake and in walking distance to all that you need. The staff were friendly and relaxed.

The room was cozy and simple. The fireplace in the room was interesting to use and great to have at night. The water pressure in the shower was great but the location of the shower head was a little to low for me. I'm 5'11 and it was just up to my chest.

The Front Desk staff were knowledgeable of the area and had great recommendations. The Happy Hour over at the Notingham's bar upstairs was great. They have Stone Pale Ale on tap. The prices were reasonable and the spinach dip was great. The restaurant downstairs was ok. The food could use some seasoning.

The Front Desk recommended a place down the road called Grizzley Manor. Amazing breakfast! Their hashbrowns and bacon were the best I've had. Their pancakes are bigger than their plates that they put them on. The have this one thing called the blob, it's a lot of food so becareful!

Great Location, Great Atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member melscott4922

We stayed the night of February 27th, 2008 with our two sons, ages 2 and 6. The hotel was perfect for us.

First of all, because we had no reservation and checked in late in the afternoon, we got a discounted rate. The hotel lobby is exactly what we were looking for in a mountain lodge, very rustic with furniture made of polished logs, wood paneling, a nice big fireplace, etc. The staff was very friendly, pleasantly accommodating our numerous requests (did I mention we have two children).

The hotel's location is perfect, right on the lake. The hotel has its own private beach and gazebo. Plus there's a playground right there, too. And right across the street from the hotel is the popular Village area of Big Bear. I had a potpie at The Teddy Bear Restaurant that was THE BEST POTPIE I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE. And I've had a lot of potpies.

The room itself was fine, two queen beds, rustic look. Simple, clean, it worked great for us. We would definitely stay here again.

Shoveling snow off the steps to our cabinShoveling snow off the steps to our cabin

You're mine now!You're mine now!

Let's go skiingLet's go skiing

Comments