Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn (100 Boyes Blvd.)

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

100 Boyes Blvd
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn (100 Boyes Blvd.)

Relaxing and Romantic

My husband and I have stayed at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn several times and absolutely love it! We have stayed in both the standard rooms and the fireplace suite. They are both nice and enjoyable. Both do have standard tubs. The standard room is cozy and nice. The fireplace suite we stayed in had a more modern decor, larger bathroom and small balcony overlooking the grounds.

The spa is wonderful! The Roman bath treatment is fun and relaxing, and includes mineral pool spas, lavender rain showers, a lavender sented sauna and steam room, all available for spa quests. The massages, facials, body wraps etc. are some of the best around. The couples massage is a lot of fun as well. There is a nice waiting room with a fireplace as well as teas, juices, fruit, etc. while you wait for your treatment. The mineral pools are relaxing and don't leave your skin tight like a regular pool would. The decor is relaxing and subtle. The staff is excellent and is happy to accomodate you with any needs. There are many treatment rooms and plenty of friendly staff. On one occasion I booked a mini-facial and make-up. After the facial, which I thought was rather luxurious for a mini, I asked where to go for my make-up. The staff apologized profusely for giving me a full facial and scheduled my make-up appointment promptly. For my troubles they gave me a gift from the spa boutique as well as a personal apology letter! Fabulous service.

Both of the Inn's restaurants are very good. Sante is elegant yet relaxed and the food is fabulous. They offer a chef's tasting menu as well as seasonal entrees. The historical Diner is great anytime. They offer healthy spa food that is on the lighter side, as well as diner fare. The rasberry mocha is perfect in the morning! Served in an oversized mug with whipped cream and a dusting of chocolate. The waitress even came by and asked if she could replenish the whipped cream for me!

The grounds are beautiful and lush. There is a fire pit near the entrance that is usually lit at night. They offer s'mores by the fire from room service although we have yet to try that.

Most reservations offer a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival, which is a nice touch. Room service is available and are very accomodating. If they still offer the wine country bike tour it is a nice outing. The bikes and tour guide picked us up in the lobby and we enjoyed a beutiful tour of some nearby vinyards.

The Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa is a great getaway for anyone who really needs to unwind and relax. Give it a try and you'll be back.

Excellent at the Fairmont Spa

by TripAdvisor Member atticusmom

After reading the prior reviews for the Fairmont I was REALLY worried, since I had already booked our " Girls Weekend" for the five of us. Well.. let me tell you that ther was NOTHING wrong with the locker room, they were clean and I did not see any signs of them "falling apart", and the mineral baths were clean, they smell because the water is full of minerals, so there is a smell, but not the smell of being dirty. I have come to relize that sometimes people expect everything to be just the way THEY want it to be. The staff was wonderful and made you feel so relaxed. The five of us all had 3 treatments each at the spa, so that 15 treatments in total and not one of us had a "bad experence". We all walk away from the Fairmont with our skin feeling softer and younger, and our bodies feeling relaxed, and isn't that what a spa is all about????

Nice place for special trip

by TripAdvisor Member Lins94

We stayed at the Sonoma for our honeymoon and found the grounds to be quite lovely. The lobby area is very large and they offer a wine sampling each evening as well as coffee and tea in the morning. The pool in the main area is small, but not overcrowded. We spent one morning at the spa and loved the bathing ritual even more than our massge treatments. I would highly recommend doing a spa morning or afternoon as the facilities are excellent.
The hotel is in a not great area as far as walking about. To get to any dining other than the very epxensive places at the hotel you must drive. It is only a short drive to several shopping centers with grocery stores and also there is a convienent back way to the Sonoma square. The staff was nice and accomadating.
We felt a bit out of our league as so many extraas were quite expensive and so we could not really get the full experience. When eating poolside our first day it cost us $40 for two salads and a soda.
I would recommend the Fairmont, but really only for people who could afford all the amentities they offer.

Relaxing but pricey

My husband and I stayed at the FSMI for our 2 year anniversary. We booked the Mission Suite which was beautiful in design and comfort. The bedding was outstanding. I have to say that the best part of the trip was the spa. They recommend that you treat yourself with a pre-massage environment by soaking in mineral pools and enjoing the sauna and steam bath prior to your treatment. We booked a couples massage and the staff went the extra mile by making it even more romantic. They offered us champagne and truffles. THe only downside were the meal prices. We paid 10.00 for a bowl of berries and yogurt and 16.00 for a club sandwich.

Comments