Brentwood Hotels

Our Members Say

• davequ profile photo davequ
  • Reviews: 626

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beverly Hills Hotel: After dinner @ Peppone, have dessert here

Though it's not officially in Brentwood, it's just across the 405 about five minutes drive east from Peppone's on Sunset Blvd.

After a great dinner @ Peppone's, I always try to go to Beverly Hills Hotel for dessert.
A surprisingly affordable "cheap date" that is an adventure in luxury and history.

There is an elegant patio/garden just outside the Polo Lounge in the hotel. In the middle sits an ancient but very beautiful Brazilian pepper tree. It is a gorgeous tree with its limbs twisting in all different directions and angles. Small subtle lights are run through the branches and lit after sunset, accentuating its natural beauty in a surprisingly tasteful way.
...

I like to sit at a table under the tree (it's rarely crowded) for a late dessert.
Their specialty and my favorite was a pot of excellent strong french-press coffee and baked alaska.

Sadly, they have temporarily stopped serving baked alaska
so now you have to order something else, but they have other great desserts.
It's the mood that's important, and you'll see what I mean when you go there.

Afterwards, you can cruise up Benedict Canyon to Mulholland Dr for a nice LA evening drive.

No hotel in the world is like the Bev. I have stayed there before, and it is in my opinion the epitome of luxury.

I would recommend it for old-California ambience, food (Polo Lounge.. see the website), and service. I will stay there again someday when I want to treat myself. It also has much great history: many notorious things have happened here. It is enjoyable to walk the grounds around the hotel and bungalows after late dinner.

Usually a "hollywood" hotel denotes something cheap, gaudy, or plastic in nature, but the Beverly Hills hotel was none of the above.
Very expensive, but worth it.
__________________
UPDATE 2014
I love this hotel, but I won't be going anywhere near it until Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah sells it or retracts his support of such civilized activities like stoning to death people he doesn't "approve of" under sharia law.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive