555 Mcmurray Rd, Buellton, CA 93427

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• glabah's Profile Photo

Hotel California Next to Movie Theatre

I was part of a work group that wound up staying here. While I can't tell you that this the most expensive or least expensive place to stay or how much it costs to stay here (as I never get to see a bill for this type of thing), I can tell you that staying here was a pleasant experience.

First and foremost, however: you will want to make absolutely certain that you do not wind up on the highway side of the hotel. Get a room on the side that faces the small, two lane road that has the driveway and entrance to the hotel. Highway 101 is a very noisy freeway type road through here, and you will not want to be on that side unless you have no other choice. The small road side of the hotel is a remarkable contrast, and very little of the highway noise from 101 is audible on the ground floor of the other side of the hotel.

I have never seen so many pillows on a hotel room bed. It looks like something out of...well, it looks like something out of the song Hotel California - or possibly out of some spoiled brat's bedroom from a Hollywood show of some sort (90210?).

The bed also has a small box containing two chocolates, which are apparently complimentary. As best as I can tell, the two bottles of water and the tea and coffee by the coffee maker are complimentary as well.

One odd thing about this hotel: the ground floor has shared balconies with other rooms. Possibly this is for the benefit of large groups staying here? I've never seen anything like it in any other hotel I have ever stayed in.

The refrigerator and television is contained in a chest of droors looking device that prevents the room from feeling quite like a standard hotel room.

There are two sinks: one outside the bathroom, and one inside the bathroom. The one outside the bathroom has an opening that looks right into the bedroom, where I would think that a mirror should be.

Right next door, there is a very small movie theatre called the Park Plaza Theatre, which isn't much special, but if you don't have anything else to do after stopping here for the night might be worth investigating. It makes the hotel a little more than just an overnight lodge.

Just as I was getting back from going to dinner at a Mexican place a very short walk away (Rudy's Mexican Restaurant) the hotel staff came by to deliver more water bottles and another box of chocolates.

Like most of the buildings in this part of California, the style of the structure is very much a reminder of the song "Hotel California", though this city isn't exactly dark with a busy highway through the middle of it.

There is a complimentary computer room, with only two computers, and each room has a lamp that is equipped with a telephone jack and two power outlets (telephone jack in a lamp?) for in-room computer access. There is a charge for printing and copy service.

About the only irritation is the music they have playing in the computer room as I am writing this.

Unique Quality: See everything written above.

Directions: From 101, go east on Highway 246 to first traffic light past the highway, and turn left (north). Hotel is just past McDonalds and movie theatre driveway

• Santa Ynez Wine Country at its best!

We had a nice quick weekend in Santa Ynez Valley - and ended up booking the Santa Ynez Marriott in Buellton. I found it online, at a great price, considering the other hotels in the area looked pretty shabby. This hotel was easy to find- it is right off hwy 101- which could be a disadvantage as it is close to 101. However, I did ask for a room on the other side, and didn't hear any noise at night. The hotel is very nice, comfortabe lobby with a Starbucks in it. We had dinner at the restaurant, and it had nice selection of local wine- we chose the Firestone Merlot- it was fantastic. Dinner was actually very delicious- I went with the Shrimp Scampi- and it was really amazing. My husband opted for the Filet- and the sauce on it- very tasty. Prices were the normal hotel menu pricing. Our room was nice- the best thing was the bed - Super comfortable bed and soft down comforter. I am a picky bed person- and this one was as comfortable as my ultra comfortable Sterns & Foster one at home. Nothing out of the ordinary in the room - it was your standard hotel room - with a really great bed! Had a desk, and a sofa as well. Bathroom looked like it was time to be updated.
    Service was fantastic - we were there for 2 days, and were always greeted by the desk staff when we came in - housekeeping also nice- and the room was always VERY CLEAN.. ( I am again very picky on clean rooms.). They also had a heated pool & jacuzzi - which we used both days. I checked out the fitness room - had lots of machines- and a sauna- that I didn't get a chance to use. Also has tennis courts there- and there was a bar next to the restaurant.
    All in all- really enjoyed the hotel - was clean, nice, and felt like we got your $$'s worth. We were just 7 minutes from Solvang - so we really felt like we got a great deal in the area.

Unique Quality: Comfortable Beds!
    Heated Pool & Jacuzzi

Directions: Easily seen off of Hwy 101- large Spanish Archtecture hotel - directly off of hwy 246 as well.

More about Marriott Santa Ynez Valley

Dreamy beds

by TripAdvisor Member OCnative14

It's a bit of a throwback on the architectural details, but if you can get past that, the rooms are fine. One of the best hotel beds I've had. Although our room was on the highway side of the property, we weren't disturbed by traffic noise at all -- Highway 101 quiets down at night. Had a great dinner at Firestone's Brewery within walking distance of the hotel (recommended by the front desk staff). Breakfast buffet on property has everything you'd want. This is a very comfortable place to stop over while passing through -- wouldn't spend any real time there. The staff are great.

Best Hotel in the Area!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerSP

This hotel was by far the best in the area. The staff was certainly what you would expect at a Marriott - they were always smiling, welcoming & helpful. Furthermore, this hotel has everything - health club with sauna, gift shop, restaurant, bar, pool, tennis, free business center, free wireless Internet access, free parking - I will definitely continue to stay there.

Great Bed-Quiet Room

by TripAdvisor Member solo_traveler2

Hotel staff was friendly & courteous. The room was clean, well appointed and quiet. The bed was specially noteworthy and made for a great night's sleep. Ate dinner in the Starting Gate Restaurant located inside the hotel. Comforatble atmosphere, reasonalbly priced & very good. Didn't make use of the health facilities, pool, or racquetball courts though it was all inviting.

It's just OK

by TripAdvisor Member LisaV-06

This is an average hotel with average rooms. The lobby is very nicely remodeled and the staff was extremely pleasant & helpful. The room was clean & nothing smelled musty, but there's no doubt that the rooms need some serious renovation. I've never seen a hotel room with popcorn ceilings. Just make sure to request a room on the other side away from the freeway.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member dclbr

My husband and I each signed up for a Marriott Visa credit card and along with that we each recieved a free night at a level 4 or below Marriott. We picked this one and we were pleasantly surprised. We did not travel to Santa Ynez to stay in the hotel, so we weren't overly particular about where we would be staying. We wound up spending more time then we thought in the hotel. We spent the morning in the pool, and early in the morning I was the only one there, a few others showed up as it turned to afternoon. The pool was certainly nothing special, but it was clean, refreshing and we were able to get chairs and an unbrella with no problem at all. My husband brought his laptop, sat in the shade and was even able to find an outlet that would reach to his lounge chair. The hotel was not as nice as some Marriotts I've stayed at, it wasn't super clean, but it was fine for a long weekend and the staff was friendly and accommodating to our needs. After we spent our days wine tasting we came back to the hotel and tried the outdoor hot tube. Two of our three nights at the hot tub there were several local kids (16-18 years old, I think) in there when we arrived. There was still room and for us, so we joined them. I wasn't thrilled about the fact that these kids were here, but I was a teenager once too, and they were very polite, and just trying to have a good time. We did check out the area for other hotels for a return visit, and I think we would stay at this Marriott again. The area (Solvang I think it was called) was great if you like wine tasting It's much cheaper and less croweded than Napa Valley or Santa Barbara and the wine was excellent!

Not Worthy of the Marriott name!

by TripAdvisor Member alexsndiego

Stayed at this Marriott in Buellton for one night while on business. First off, this is probably the best thing you will find in Buellton which has several of the "budget" motels around.

The room itemself was very clean, but the bathroom was tiny. there was barely enough room for the sink, toilet, and shower. Very cramped! The fixtures were straight out of the 80's! Really old fashioned and dated. There is another sink outside the bathroom in the vanity area and it looked the same, tired and dated. The sink level was extremely low.

Bed was comfortable. Marriott Revive bed here.

Service at the breakfast buffet was horrible. First there is a sign that say "Please wait to be seated". So I waited for about 5 minutes and no one sat me. I sat myself as was everyone else. It took about 10 minutes before a waiter came and ask what I wanted to drink. Actually I had to flag them down and ask them for a drink. I never got my drink re-filled either. The wait staff generally did not care about you. They should not be working for Marriott.

Would I come here again? Yes, only because choices are very limited in this area. If I had a another choice, probably not.

rooms date back to the 80's

by TripAdvisor Member alexandriava

The rooms were so old and dark. We also had a problem with the AC. The pool area was huge and nice, but could hear road noise. It was surprising a "Marriott," with dated look in rooms. The breakfast buffet was very good!

Big place.good central loation

by TripAdvisor Member pandahenry

Front Desk staff was efficient and accomodating for memorial day-weekend but Marriott Rules and opertional decisons are NOT.( we are a Vacarion club owners "Platinum and wanted to reserve a 2 nite stay 8 months in advance and were told only $300 rooms!!
While this hotel is a solid 3 star-diamond ,worth $175-200/ nite it is NOT worth $300 / nite
The Good: everything clean.Nice Bed , good quality linens , room insulation excellent= good nights' sleep.Free Buffett breakfast .
High quality expresso-coffee store in the lobby.
Bad: Free Buffett breakfast had a HUGE wait -iine.
Foam-filled Spa....which is techically not the hotel's fault if a family of oily kids get into the spa without showering first.
Many do not understand the importance of a pre-spa shower.
nice hotel ,
This hotel is a solid 3 star NOT merely advertised as a 3 but worth only a 2 ,like many.
would like to stay again but Marriott makes it difficult

Comments