Howard Johnson Buena Park

Priceline.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 1 star hotels

More about Buena Park

Roller Coaster, Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, CARoller Coaster, Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, CA

Of another photo op =)Of another photo op =)

Dinner at karutaDinner at karuta

(California Plaza) Buena Park, California(California Plaza) Buena Park, California

Travel Tips for Buena Park

A fun way to spend the day

by TinKan

What was once an actual berry farm is now 160 acres of world class rides, unique family shows and one of a kind attractions. At America's favorite theme park, experience GhostRider the world's best wooden roller coaster, Supreme Scream, 30-stories up, 3 seconds down and the high-octane thrill of Xcelerator, rated the world's best launch coaster, sending riders 0-80 in 2.3 seconds. For a different type of thrill, stroll on over to Camp Snoopy, home to the beloved PEANUTS gang.

Since this is the General...

by brdwtchr

Since this is the General section I'll give you some 'general' impressions of Knott's Berry Farm. We did not go to Soak City. We got there early in the morning when they first opened.

I heard people in California comparing Knott's and DisneyLand and talking about which one was better. That is like comparing apples and oranges. They are two different places that began in different ways. Disneyland has created a kind of fantasy world while Knott's has taken lessons from history.

Knott's started out as a berry farm. Mr. Knott's invented the boysenberry. (We got some boysenberry jam and it was great.) Then Mrs. Knott's began to sell fried chicken and opened a restaraunt during the depression. As point of interest Mr. Knott's had some old west buildings moved to the farm. Soon an entire western town was there and then a theme park.

What I did not like about Knott's was that in general it was not as clean or well run as I expected. When we pulled in the staff was still cleaning trash from the parking lot. It would have made a better impression to clean up before guests arrived. The parking lot had some bad pot holes. They could make the place more attractive with general upkeep. Some of the rides at Knott's were out of order when we were there also.

What I did like about Knott's was that there were lots of great shows. The shows were free and the shows were all extremely good. See the shows if you are there.

At Knott's there is a sense of history. If I was the father of young children I would take them there to help instill a love of history in them. Great place for children to learn about the old west, cowboys, mining, and dinosaurs.

I also liked the fact that the day we were there it was not very crowded. We did not have to stand in line for long periods of time to ride the rides and got good seats easily at the shows we saw.

Have Medieval Times !

by marinarena

This is the prettiest picture of the entire Buena Park perhaps! Oddly enough, it is the grounds of Medieval Times, which has been the host of the extravaganza of sword swinging entertainment. It is located off Beach Blvd, walking distance from Knott's Berry Farm and just a few minutes off the 5 fwy in BP. Basically, I recommend doing this place once. Parents: bring your kids a few times here. This one's especially fo rthe kiddos.

E-zone, Hotels Knott's Berry Farm and more

by nixca316

Buena Park is the Center of the Southland, a city with a legacy undertaking an exciting revitalization in business, residential, and commerical projects.

She has been known internationally largely because of Knott's Berry Farm, which began in 1920 by Walter Knott and his family, but she is more than that.

Right now it is establishing itself as an e-zone. It is also great to note that she is also home to Filipino, Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese Americans. Their presence is known because there are a lot of Asian-themed restaurants. Many food distributions centers in Buena Park import goods from various countries in the Asia-Pacific Rim and then ship them to Asian supermarkets across California.

Their neighborhoods are family friendly and very safe to live in.

"Still having my perennial trouble with my scanner"

I've got lots of pictures from Knott's Berry Farm. My scanner's still not friendly to me. ): I guess "he" feels used and abused so "he" still doesn't wanna be my friend. =( Hope he forgives me so I can have better pictures. I'm worth it anyway. ;-D

"Wild, Wild, West!"

Still in Knott's Berry Farm...

Hmmm...ain't I out of place here?

Other interesting places in Buena Park

Buena Park's E-Zone district located along Beach Boulevard is home to several well-known tourist destinations: Besides Knott's Berry there it's sister water park called Knott's Soak City, Pirate's Dinner Adventure Show, a Medieval Times dinner show, and a Ripley's Believe it or Not! museum. The Movieland Wax Museum (this is where I got scared when I was little because I thought the wax life size dolls were the living dead), one of the largest of its kind in the world, was once located in the E-Zone until it closed in 2005 (so sad to hear). The E-Zone also neighbors Anaheim, with Disneyland just east by way of Katella Avenue, Ball Road, and Interstate 5.

BUENA PARK, NEXT TO ANAHEIM

by lmkluque

"UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PLEASE RETURN LATER."

Welcome to my Buena Park page,

As you can see from this map, Buena Park and Anaheim are next to each other and each of their fine attractions within easy reach. In fact, you can drive between these two cities without realizing you've passed one from the other.

Most people coming to this area are planning a trip to Disneyland or California Adventure and don't realize that just a few blocks away, in Buena Park is Knottsberry Farm.

Knotts is not a farm in any sense. It is an amusement park with wild rides and much of it has an "old mining town" flavor. That is because Mr. Knotts brought in buildings that had been abandoned in the real mining town of Calico located halfway between this area and Las Vegas in Yermo, California. Calico was a real mining town that was abandoned when the mines went bust. It is now a "commercialized" ghost town and something to see on the way to Las Vegas.

Buena Park and Anaheim offer plenty of places to stay and restaurants and some of the best entertainment for the whole family than any other two cities I can think of.

Choose a centrally located hotel/motel in either city and spend a few days enjoying these unique and famous entertainment centers!

I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,